News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Spam Me Not

Started by winrules, October 18, 2006, 05:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireFreezer

maybe helpful for you:

http://www.botscout.com [nofollow]

you'll find the mod for smf here: http://www.botscout.com/code.htm [nofollow]

works perfect for me. ;)

Daniel Hofverberg

FireFreezer: That mod has to do with spam posting, and not obscuring posted e-mail messages as Spam Me Not does; so it has no similarity to this one.

I would still like to know if anyone is working on a SMF 2.0 compatible version of Spam Me Not. It's the only thing that prevents me from upgrading to 2.0 RC1, as I consider this mod an absolute must.

Uhura!

Quote from: Daniel Hofverberg on May 25, 2007, 05:52:17 PM
The mod makes it harder to harvest e-mail addresses in public by encoding them with a bunch of HTML entities, but it is of course still possible to obtain it manually - if the e-mail address is mentioned in a post or in your profile, then someone can of course just copy the address the old fashioned way.HTML-encoding e-mail address doesn't prevent harvesting either, just makes it harder as most spiders can't decipher it - that doesn't mean that no spider can.If you haven't posted the e-mail address in question publically, in a profile or post; then this mod wouldn't have any effect at all in the matter.

I manually installed this mod - how can I check to see if it's working?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Daniel Hofverberg

Quote from: Uhura! on March 30, 2009, 09:56:45 PM
View the source code on any page where an e-mail address is visible - for instance, post an e-mail address in a topic, and then use View Source in your browser for that page. If it's working, you will not find the e-mail address visible in the source, but instead a bunch of encoded characters. You can just search in the source code for an @ sign for example, and it will most likely not be visible if the mod is working.

I would still like to know if anyone is working on a SMF 2.0 compatible version of the mod, as it's the only thing keeping me from upgrading to the RC at this point.

Uhura!

Quote from: Daniel Hofverberg on March 31, 2009, 03:06:23 AM
Quote from: Uhura! on March 30, 2009, 09:56:45 PM
View the source code on any page where an e-mail address is visible - for instance, post an e-mail address in a topic, and then use View Source in your browser for that page.

I am using Firefox. Can you tell me how to do that?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Protocol-X

I have tried everything listed in all 13 pages of this post and i cannot get this to work on my normal forum or in the SMF gallery anyone have any ideas? all that is happening are pictures are becoming click able links im using smf 1.18 and gallery 2.04

sergei37

I've got strange issue with Joomla-SMF bridge and Spam Me not mod...

my gallery on Joomla site stopped working with next errors in php log:

[14-Jun-2009 10:56:32] PHP Notice:  Uninitialized string offset:  0 in /home/shakhamu/public_html/rforum/Sources/Subs.php on line 2494
[14-Jun-2009 10:56:32] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function () in /home/shakhamu/public_html/rforum/Sources/Subs.php on line 2494

I looked into Subs.php and found that error occurs inside encodeString function and it appears exactly, when i try to enter the gallery...

It's not realy clear for me, why joomla calls to smf encodestring, anyway in order to fix it i would like to know how to distinguish between who calls to the function - joomla or smf?..

TurtleKicker

So from (relatively) recent posts, it seems this mod does not work with newer versions of SMF 1.1.x? Is that basically the consensus?

Not particularly interested in bringing down my entire forum due to a botched no-longer-supported mod...

Daniel Hofverberg

sremick: The mod works fine on my SMF 1.1.10 forum. It does not work on SMF 2.x though.

Daniel Hofverberg

Is anyone working on a SMF 2.x compatible version of this mod? Or is there any other mod that does the same thing, or any built in features in SMF 2.0?

I would really like to update to the RC of SMF 2.0, but I can't as long as this mod hasn't been updated as I consider this feature a must.

Advertisement: