News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Template Changes Between 1.1 RC3 And 1.1 Final

Started by winrules, November 24, 2006, 12:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random

Quote from: winrules on December 08, 2006, 04:27:26 PM
Sorry I thought they were enabled on this board. Can you PM me the contents of the whole file?

Sorry for the delay in replying, just PMing now.

rowedf

Most of the find / replaces worked, but about 3 could not find the code.  The theme works a little bit but the whole bg is white, any ideas?

Desktop

Quote from: winrules on November 24, 2006, 12:05:24 PM
These are the changes that have been made in the most commonly used templates by custom themes in 1.1 final. If you don't have one of these files in your theme, don't worry.

Make sure you also update the javascript files (*.js) in the default theme directory.

I search for a lot of the lines but don't find them. Some of them I can find pretty close matches, and just use those, but for things like :

var smf_scripturl = "', $scripturl, '";

I search for that code, or parts of that code but there's just nothing anything like that anywhere in the code. Is there something I could do a search for to add after? Not just in this case but for all the lines of code that I can't find to replace.

DefStatic

Anyone wanna start me off in the right direction for changing a theme from 1.0.6 to 1.1.1?  I mean, is there a 1.0 to 1.1 thread? And then I could do this thread?

Gary

We dont have a 1.0 to 1.1 topic. Your best bet is to use file comparison software to compare the 1.0 default to the 1.1 Babylon theme.

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

DefStatic

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on February 11, 2007, 10:50:42 AM
We dont have a 1.0 to 1.1 topic. Your best bet is to use file comparison software to compare the 1.0 default to the 1.1 Babylon theme.

-AwwLilMaggie

Any suggestions as to what file comparison software?

Gary

Nah not really, just search google, you'd get plenty of replies. :P

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Random

I use ConTEXT myself when I want to compare things.

audioindonesia

I Think I have Big Mistakes when trying to changes the files....
QuoteTemplate Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/rt_smf_carbonation1/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
Template Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

Please help me to get back

mapandy

Health Care [nofollow]
Home Decorating Ideas [nofollow]  บันทึกน้องนะโม [nofollow]  toy [nofollow]

joh87swe

Are these changes only for the default theme or for custom themes too?

Gary

Only Custom themes. The Babylon, YaBB SE Classic and Default already contain these changes.

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

tL0z

I still have my template in the 1.1 RC2 version. What are the changes between 1.1 RC2 and 1.1 RC3?

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

tL0z

tL0z

Hello,

I was updating my template but I couldn't find the following code on the Display.template.php:

if ($context['show_spellchecking'])
echo '
<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=spellcheck" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" name="spell_form" id="spell_form" target="spellWindow"><input type="hidden" name="spellstring" value="" /></form>';
}

Instead I have:

echo '
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="' . $settings['default_theme_url'] . '/spellcheck.js"></script>';

I haven't the "}".

tL0z

Paracelsus

try to search just this string and see if you don't have it repeated somewhere else:

tL0z

You're right, it appears 3 times in my file. Is it normal?

Paracelsus

I don't know if it's normal, I just changed the one that looked more similar... There is one that is really really very similar to that expression, so just change that one.

Advertisement: