News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Member post recount

Started by MaximKat, December 07, 2006, 09:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximKat

Link to Mod
Rate this Mod

This mods add posts recount feature when updating board stats.
So it just recalcs all members' post count when you click "Recount all forum totals and statistics" in Maintainance section of Admin Panel
Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.

Gobo

hey after running ur mod the process got stuck at 78%

and now the whole forum has crashed giving me an internal server misconfiguration!

This mod causes the database to crash somehow!

I dont know what kind of a query ur running but on larger databases it causes the entire DB to go offline and cant even be accessed using PHP myadmin!

L.G.S

if you cant get into your PHPAdmin software it's your host not his mod.

Thanks, this works and is cool.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Gobo

well my db is pretty huge and I think the query caused the "recount" to overload the DB

just be careful with larger DB's

i can access all other databases on the same system but the forum DB was unaccessible for a while!

now thankfully its back online!

MaximKat

it seems that i'll need to add some progressbar, like in other long operations...
but it'll be later, sorry

Gobo

no problem
after a bit of downtime the database got back on its feet

The progressbar is there but for some reason the query gets stuck and causes the DB to stop responding

eitherways once u can get that worked out I think its a essential mod that should be put in the SMF default

Bernard T.

Can you update it to work with 1.1.1? As I'm recievening message that package is iether broken or not compatible.  :-\
://#  Orion | Federation Servers | Info Sector

L.G.S

FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

ladyphoenix

Quote from: Bernard T. on January 06, 2007, 04:28:06 PM
Can you update it to work with 1.1.1? As I'm recievening message that package is iether broken or not compatible.  :-\
Same here...

spintz

I just installed this mod with version 1.1.2 and it does nothing.  Doesn't complain or give any messages other than the 'Maintenance Completed' messag ebox, but it does not recount posts.

Ok, after reviewing this, I think the mod didn't install.  I read up on the Installer Package stuff in the Online Manual and the things it says are not working or happening.  After uploading the mod, I did not get an option to apply it.  When I go to "Browse Packages", I only see link to 'List Files' and 'Delete' for the mod.  What's broken here????  Is it a bug with 1.1.2?  Is this mod out of date now with 1.1.2????

2greedy

tried adding this and says it's corrupt or not compatible with the version i am running? I am using the latest version 1.1.2

spintz

I managed to manually install the patch, and it works fine now.  The automated mod install process does not work with 1.1.2.  Maybe something changed in the format of the XML for mods form 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2

MaximKat

Sorry, guys, forgot to update package-info.xml
Mod is fully compartible with any versions since 1.1. in future just add any required version in package-info.xml file where it currently says <install for="1.1,1.1.1,1.1.2"> and <uninstall for="1.1,1.1.1,1.1.2">

LostProphecy

just to inquire, this member post recount... does this recount take into account the recycling bin and boards that do acquire post counts? cause that's important :)

i wish to recount my users posts as i have just recently made some boards at my forum not count for posts, will this recount the posts and not add up the posts on these boards??
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

TrueSatan

Maintenance update to add support for SMF 1.1.3

I made this for my own use but thought it worth sharing too...

kamili34

Could you paste some screen please ?  :)

I don't exactly what this mod do :(

TrueSatan

Please see the first posting in this topic for the developers description of what the mod does...as screenshot won't tell you anything useful

Monni95

This mod doesn't seem to work for users that don't have any posts, it doesn't reset the post count to 0.

I added

UPDATE {$db_prefix}members
SET posts = 0
WHERE ID_MEMBER > 1

to the beginning and after that I got thousands of users with 0 posts. I left it not to touch user 1 (usually admin) post count because I tested it with forum owned by one of my clients and his forum starts users from 2.

IMSassafras

I have figured out how to make this mod compatible with V1.1.4 (by following MaximKat's instructions and comparing the original file to TrueSatan's version).  Now I would like to know where to install this mod manually.  What folders/templates?  Do I add this code or replace code?  Please help?
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. ~ Bahá'u'lláh

HecKel

Can you upgrade this mod to SMF 1.1.4?

I have one community with 5000 members..., this is too large for this mod? Or is no problem with this?
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Advertisement: