News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Quote tags not recognized

Started by Burpee, July 05, 2004, 09:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

Oh interesting.  The way to fix that will be to replace:

[size=##]

With:

[size=##px]

But, I don't know a simple way to do that with MySQL (all versions, at least..) off hand.

-[Unknown]

Burpee

I'm even more clueless...  ::)
Been trying to do some searches but I have absolutely no clue what to search for :P

packman

Like [Unknown] said, I don't think there is a way to change this directly just using SQL.

I think you'll need to write some code (PHP or Perl) to search the smf_messages table for records that contain the 'size' tag and then do a preg_replace on the body field. I think you'd need...

$body = preg_replace("/\[size=([0-9]?[0-9])\]/i", "\[size=\\1px]", $body);

...but given that this is regexp I'd only trust it after extensive testing!!
Chris

[Unknown]

Quote from: packman on August 30, 2004, 04:27:34 PM
Like [Unknown] said, I don't think there is a way to change this directly just using SQL.

I think you'll need to write some code (PHP or Perl) to search the smf_messages table for records that contain the 'size' tag and then do a preg_replace on the body field. I think you'd need...

$body = preg_replace("/\[size=([0-9]?[0-9])\]/i", "\[size=\\1px]", $body);

...but given that this is regexp I'd only trust it after extensive testing!!

* [Unknown] loves regular expressions ;).

$body = preg_replace('~\[size=([789]|[012][1-9])\]~is', '[size=$1px]', $body);

The reason for this special matching is that we don't want to match, neccessarily, [ size=2 ], which might really be to have that "html font size".  But, most people wouldn't use font sizes lower than 7 anyway... anything higher (not too high!) should be px ;).

-[Unknown]

packman

You beat me to it by 10 minutes. I had to tweak mine a couple of times to make it work. I wasn't a million miles out...I just ended up with a couple of extra slashes that I didn't need! I told you I didn't like regexp :(

I'll add it into the converter.
Chris

packman

I've fixed the timeOffset now. It's timeOffset = phpBB_user_timezone - phpBB_board_timezone.

Whilst it's worth getting right, a lot of users seem to be confused about time zones. I've got users from New Zealand who say they're GMT-12 when they should be GMT+12. I've got a user in Belgium who is convinced he's in GMT+13. Interestingly phpBB doesn't seem to support users in the Kiribati Line Islands who apparently live in GMT+14.
Chris

[Unknown]

Quote from: packman on August 30, 2004, 05:30:52 PM
Whilst it's worth getting right, a lot of users seem to be confused about time zones. I've got users from New Zealand who say they're GMT-12 when they should be GMT+12. I've got a user in Belgium who is convinced he's in GMT+13. Interestingly phpBB doesn't seem to support users in the Kiribati Line Islands who apparently live in GMT+14.

That's specically why, at least as far as I am concerned, SMF uses the method it does - it's less confusing.  Most everyone can add... but even I sometimes forget which time zone I am in.

-[Unknown]

Burpee

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 30, 2004, 04:34:29 PM

* [Unknown] loves regular expressions ;).

$body = preg_replace('~\[size=([789]|[012][1-9])\]~is', '[size=$1px]', $body);

The reason for this special matching is that we don't want to match, neccessarily, [ size=2 ], which might really be to have that "html font size".  But, most people wouldn't use font sizes lower than 7 anyway... anything higher (not too high!) should be px ;).

-[Unknown]

Another question :D
How do I perform this action on my own database?
My guess is to create a .php file, create a mysql query and then... insert this somewhere?

* Burpee feels noob  :-[

[Unknown]

<?php

include_once('/path/to/SSI.php');

$result mysql_query("
   SELECT body, ID_MSG
   FROM 
{$db_prefix}messages}");
while (
$row mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
{

$body preg_replace('~\[size=([789]|[012][1-9])\]~is''[size=$1px]'$row['body']);

mysql_query("
      UPDATE 
{$db_prefix}messages
      SET body = '
$body'
      WHERE ID_MSG = 
$row[ID_MSG]
      LIMIT 1"
);
}
mysql_free_result($result);

?>

You're lucky you only have 5000 posts.... this isn't the most efficient way, mind you.

-[Unknown]

Burpee

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/vuurwerk/public_html/forum/sizefix.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/vuurwerk/public_html/forum/sizefix.php on line 18

Maybe there's something wrong with the query?

[Unknown]

Oops, take out that extra } - it's a typo.

Bad:
   FROM {$db_prefix}messages}");

Good:
   FROM {$db_prefix}messages");

-[Unknown]

Burpee

Hmm.... DB is now completely messed up... don't worry tho made a backup
I think that somehow the post ID's are also modified by the query...

[Unknown]

Quote from: Burpee on August 30, 2004, 07:39:17 PM
I think that somehow the post ID's are also modified by the query...

Strange, they shouldn't be.  Then again, you shouldn't be "kissing" me for an invite.

-[Unknown]

Burpee

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 30, 2004, 07:42:45 PM
Strange, they shouldn't be.  Then again, you shouldn't be "kissing" me for an invite.

But... but...  :'(

Advertisement: