Tagging System For Topics

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 19, 2006, 10:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plusev

Quote from: haerde on August 24, 2009, 04:01:27 AM
I've got strange problem. When i tag post on start tags aren't in /?action=tags , but if i tag them by "Add tag" everything is fine ;X.

Help me please,
haerde

PS. Link to my forum - www.cs-grajkownia.pl

Same issue I have.

Kimmie

Quote from: plusev on August 24, 2009, 04:08:41 AM
I've got strange problem. When i tag post on start tags aren't in /?action=tags , but if i tag them by "Add tag" everything is fine ;X.

Help me please,
haerde

Same issue I have.

Ditto. The tags wont add when making a new thread and using the add tag box, you have to make the thread first then add the tags :(

Sudhakar Arjunan

I have installed it.

Thanks Vbgamer for spending your time for this update.

I have used it on my old version. After a long time iam installing it on my upgrade 2.0 forum.

Now old tags were showed perfectly including tag cloud.

But when i create a new topic, the tags were not get stored will submitting the post.

And it works when we click on Add Tags and Add each tag manually.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

FragaCampos

Another suggestion:
When someone clicks on a word of the tag cloud, he/she gets a table with all the topics tagged with that word, but it's ordered from the oldest (top) to the newest (bottom). Is there anyway of inverting this?

Thanks in advance.

Kimmie

Quote from: Kimmie on August 24, 2009, 01:32:06 PM
Quote from: plusev on August 24, 2009, 04:08:41 AM

Help me please,
haerde

Same issue I have.

Ditto. The tags wont add when making a new thread and using the add tag box, you have to make the thread first then add the tags :(

Any idea when this will be fixed?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kimmie

netoya

Excellent modification, thanks.
Is it possible to make functions so that users can add tags, but not delete. And so when you type a tag that already exist in the database proposed for commissioning that there are no duplicates in various written and eliminate errors in spelling.

netoya

I have added permissions for moderators to manage tags, but they only can delete them and can't add. So I can't solve problem by my self, in table permissions:
ID_GROUP    permission    addDeny
2     smftags_manage     1
File Modifications.english.php contains variables: $txt['permissionname_smftags_suggest'], $txt['permissionhelp_smftags_suggest'], but as I understand they are not used in the code.

netoya

Fixed problem by myself but don't know is it correct or not. Now moderators can add tag (Previously, they had not seen such a button, although if you click on the direct link http://.../forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=addtag;topic=... they can add)
in Display.template.php
find

global 
$topic;

if(!
$context['user']['is_guest'] && allowedTo('smftags_add'))

echo 
'

&nbsp;<a href="' 
$scripturl '?action=tags;sa=addtag;topic=',$topic'">' $txt['smftags_addtag'] . '</a>

replace

global 
$topic;

if(!
$context['user']['is_guest'])

echo 
'

&nbsp;<a href="' 
$scripturl '?action=tags;sa=addtag;topic=',$topic'">' $txt['smftags_addtag'] . '</a>

regular users also see delete and add buttons but have no permissions to do.

plusev

I noticed that if 2 or more tags are entered seperated by a comma it ends up as 1 tag with a comma instead of 2 seperate tags.

erlend_sh

Great mod! After some quick tests I immediately installed it on my own forum. We have yet to integrate the 'tag' button in our theme though.

Some feature suggestions:

- The "Add tag" process at the bottom of every thread could could be a lot smoother if replaced by AJAX, e.g. turning the existing tags into one big editable comment box (like when you double click thread titles as admin) or popping up a smaller input box.
- Additionally (and possibly alternatively) it would be nice if you could add several tags by putting commas in between, like suggested above and elsewhere I am sure. It's an accepted and expected norm.
- I would love it if this mod provided me with a few more permissions. Right now I can allow/disallow people to moderate the tags. How about being able to restrict certain usergroups from adding tags all together?

The last one is definitely the biggest priority for me. Will definitely send $10 your way if you could at least address my last request and keep this mod updated :)

plusev

Quote from: erlend_sh on September 16, 2009, 11:43:01 PM

- I would love it if this mod provided me with a few more permissions. Right now I can allow/disallow people to moderate the tags. How about being able to restrict certain usergroups from adding tags all together?

I'd like to see this as well - I really don't want every tom, dick and harry adding tags.

Thx

stefann

Quote from: haerde on September 17, 2009, 04:58:12 PM
This mod is dead ...
I'm working with vbgamer to make some considerable improvements to this mod, a lot of which have been suggested here. I may post some screenshots later for comments before it's released as there are some fairly major new features, while of course maintaining backwards compatibility.
full time lurker on freenode #smf

haerde

plusev

It would be great to be able to display a cloud on any page not just on the Tags page. Even better to be able to put a cloud in a portal block. Thx.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

plusev

Simple Portal currently doesn't but can support any php code.

Advertisement: