News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Tagging System For Topics

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 19, 2006, 10:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclipse16V

I use the version 2.2.1 from the smf download page.
The error is in the tags2rc2.xml row 328.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

topbuyer

Followed manual steps to add to tags in menu bar of dilbermc them. Alignment is not proper. See attachment. Pls suggest

-------
Steps followed:

./Themes/default/index.template.php
Find: [Select]

$current_action = 'admin';
   if (in_array($context['current_action'], array(

Add After: [Select]

'tags',

Find: [Select]

// the [member] list button
   if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
      echo ($current_action == 'mlist' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist">' , $txt[331] , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

Add After: [Select]

// the [tags] button
      echo ($current_action == 'tags' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'tags' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=tags">' , $txt['smftags_menu']  , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'tags' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

vbgamer45

Your theme probably has different menu formatting copy a normal dilbermc menu link and change it to tags to fix
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

topbuyer

Your other mods like download  are working fine with this menu bar. Any suggestion.

And I think gallery is also your mod only, see in attached image it is fine.

vbgamer45

Yeah wrong code you have cause aligment is bad you need to modify and copy another button then adjust to point to tags

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Hey vb, any chance on enabling your RSS feed poster mod to be able to pick up and attach tags from THIS mod to it's imported feed postings?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

topbuyer

What I understand from your reply is
1. Code is wrong
2. Need to make button

Concern here is why other things are working fine like download and gallery with just adding the button code.

Pls suggest as I am unable to do what you are saying like copy button and change code etc...

I am not in hurry for this. But need help as I am unable to do what you are saying.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 15, 2010, 10:03:38 PM
Yeah wrong code you have cause aligment is bad you need to modify and copy another button then adjust to point to tags

Fisch.666

Are there any chances to show the Popular Tag Box (Tag Cloud) on the board index? I haven't found any options for this...  :(

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

thecapo_10

how to change

href="' . $scripturl . '?action=tags;tagid=

to

href="' . $scripturl . '?action=tags;nameofthetag=

someone help me?

topbuyer

SunKing,

Thanks for help via pm. Provided code is not working. It is not showing tags in menu bar.

Attached modified index file for your reference.

[unplugged]

You may also want to check that the mod's text strings are in place. I'll have a look at the attached file and see if it's something in there.

EDIT: Right away I notice the $txt['tags'] example is still in the file. I used that as a reference to where the text string would go.

The code for the button in the index.template.php for your theme (DilberMC) should look like this: // Show the [tags] button

echo  '

<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'tags' ? '2' : '' , '">

</td>';

I have also attached the modified index.template.php to reflect this for your convenience.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

topbuyer

Thank You. It is working now in one shot.

Have a good day !

Quote from: SunKing on January 25, 2010, 07:04:55 PM
You may also want to check that the mod's text strings are in place. I'll have a look at the attached file and see if it's something in there.

EDIT: Right away I notice the $txt['tags'] example is still in the file. I used that as a reference to where the text string would go.

The code for the button in the index.template.php for your theme (DilberMC) should look like this: // Show the [tags] button

echo  '

<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'tags' ? '2' : '' , '">

</td>';

I have also attached the modified index.template.php to reflect this for your convenience.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mabley

Thanks for the fantastic mod.  We really like it.

How to Keep Guests from Using Tags?
Under the guest group's permissions, there are no permissions aloud for tags.  But guests are still able to tag.  Under the board permissions, the boards that are available to guests do not have the option of disabling the tags.

Any advice?

Also, I second the motion of providing a cloud of the most popular tags, or a drop down or something.  That'd help.

TheListener

Have used this mod on a previous forum I owned.

The mod installed with no errors yet when going to post the tag box under the topic subject line doesn't show.

Bruno36

Quote from: Bruno36 on November 29, 2009, 03:27:28 AM
Quote from: Bruno36 on November 27, 2009, 03:09:09 AM
I have an error message when I click on the tag in the top menu

QuoteUtilisation invalide de la clause GROUP
Fichier: /home/www/sospc/www/smf/Sources/Tags2.php
Ligne: 101

http://www.scooter-chinois-4t.com/index.php?action=tags
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French