Google Ads about Joomla and ASP Content

Started by Drew™, December 24, 2006, 12:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew™

Whenever I go to my board index, my Google ads are about Joomla CMS books, ASP Content Management, etc. These are all really low-paying keywords ...

How can I change these ads to target what I want it to?

Thanks,
Drew

Fiery

Well I believe the google ads are based on the content of your site... does your site have a lot of content about joomla, CMS etc. (I assume no)?

Drew™

No, it is a forum for a GPT (get paid to) site.

Fiery

I assume you are using "AdSense for content"?

Drew™

I believe so ... yes?
Is that through Google Adsense?

Fiery

I think so.

I am not an expert on this, but I would guess that the problem is from the google side, it is targeting your ads from what it thinks your content is.

You could try posting on an adsense related message board, or maybe someone here will have an idea?

Drew™

Yeah, I am hoping someone here has an idea.

H

Google uses their own secret algorithms to determine the ads display on your site.

You can try moving the ads to a different place the ads shown is based on the discussion nearest to the ad. There is also some code you can use to tell Google which area is content and which area is the general forum (to stop Google ads indexing the menubar etc). I can't remove this code however I think it is in the adsense knowledgebase.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Drew™

Thanks, but moving the Google ads are out of question.
Any more suggestions?

CrimsonSun99

Try adding a list of keywords on the footer of your page to try to trick Google (Legality of this may be questionable), like having keywords that fit your page in size 1px font with a color that is identical to background but google ads will pick it up and read it.

EDIT: This was a long time ago, I would also advise not doing this... Not that I got punished but because it is not smart to do.

Isaac

Quote from: CrimsonSun99 on December 26, 2006, 02:26:52 AM
Try adding a list of keywords on the footer of your page to try to trick Google (Legality of this may be questionable), like having keywords that fit your page in size 1px font with a color that is identical to background but google ads will pick it up and read it.
Very bad idea.  You may think Google is stupid, but it's not.  It knows this trick, and will penalize your website for it.

mclane

Have you changed the meta tags that Joomla has on the admin side?

PA

lordmenace

Joomla and SMF come with meta tags/keywords by default about the ads that you're getting. Try changing it!

datingfriendster

I want to know, if we use SMF, can we add Google Adsense in it????

Thanks
david
hxxp:www.joinaffiliateprogram.blogspot.com [nonactive]

mclane

If you install the ad package available in the downloads section, you sure can. It's super easy to do.

PA

Advertisement: