nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gjoe

Hmm, I see...... www. or  http. .... Ok I understand this, hmmm.

Andrijachi

Quote from: gjoe on October 16, 2007, 04:55:57 AM
You change the CHMOD on your server , i think.....

On server I can only change CHMOD for entire SB_1.10.tgz folder, but I cant enter in folder and change CHMOD only for yshout.php file :-[

tlen

Hi,
just installed this ShoutBox and i can see it's just good.

But i would like to load the shoutbox only on index.php.

In other words, during the forum navigation, i would like the ShoutBox disabled (and hiddend), and enabled only when the user click on "Home" button.

How can i do?

Thank you

nneonneo

@Andrijachi: The tgz should have been unpacked into yshout/ folder. If it is still as a tgz, then you should install it first, then chmod yshout/yshout.php.

@gjoe: It is probably a "www." vs. no www thing. The affected line is
var board_url = "', $boardurl, '";
Change this either to
var board_url = "'; $boardurlparsed = parse_url($boardurl); echo $boardurlparsed['path'], '";
or
var board_url = "/path/to/forum";
I recommend the first replacement because it is more general, but if it doesn't work let me know.

@tlen: Find
echo '
<br /><b>Shout Box</b><br /><br />
(it may occur twice)
and add before it
if (smf_main()=='BoardIndex')

After this, the shoutbox should not appear on board or topic pages.

*EDIT: Fixed the parse_url thing, I posted the wrong code.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

tlen

It works in displaying only on "Home", but many errors appears in many pages, like texts dont appear, or admin box with dimension of 2 pix.

Something like that

That empty box should contain Uninstall, Delete.....

nneonneo

Apparently, SMF will  not allow smf_main() to be executed twice.

Try this instead:

if(empty($_REQUEST['action']) && empty($context['current_board']) && empty($context['current_topic']))

This should be safer.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

tlen

It works just great.

Thank you very much

tlen

Another thing.

I see the normal behaviour is to put the shouts one under another.

Like this

Where do i edit to do inverse behaviour, in order to put the shouts one over the others?

Like this

Thanks

nneonneo

Quote from: vnoIf you want to reverse the message display... say newest on top instead of bottom, in your yshout folder, open up your yshout.php file:
Find
$chatText=preg_replace_callback("/\[<timeval=(\d+)>\]/","preg_timeformat",$chatText);

Right after that, add this:
$chatText=implode("\n", (array_reverse(explode ( "\n", $chatText ))));
(from http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1221413;topicseen#msg1221413)
spammers here!

NEMINI

how do we make this shoutbox work in a center tinyportal block?  I am having the same issue your test site has which is an empty box is displayed when the TP instructions are followed.
signatures are boring.

nneonneo

Well, you need to remove the existing instance from the theme (the one installed by default) or it will show a blank spot where the TP shoutbox should load, since the shoutbox can only load once on a page.

Also, if it refuses to load, let me know the board URL and I will check it out (most likely it is a domain mismatch; I've just found a way around, posted on the main mod page).
spammers here!

NEMINI

http://nemini.org

for now I am trying to make it work the non-TP way, if I get that working then I will change the location.  Figure trying to fix one issue at a time is easier.

I did try changing to var board_url = "/home/neminiin/public_html";

but that made no difference.

trying:
var board_url = "', parse_url($boardurl)['path'], '";
gave me a parse error

tried:
var board_url = "', parse_url($boardurl ['path']), '";
but that didn't resolve anything either.

note: am only testing it on default theme for now, am not editing dilbermc until it works on default first (less inconvenience to my users since no one uses default on my site).
signatures are boring.

nneonneo

NEMINI, there's two things which are amiss.

First, you should set board_url to "/" (so that the line appears as
var board_url = "/";
)

Next, check your server error log. http://nemini.org/yshout/yshout.php throws a 500 Server Error, so the main script is failing to run somehow. It may be permissions (chmod 755 or 777 will fix that), server configuration or a bug/syntax error in my script.

When these are resolved, the shoutbox will work.
spammers here!

tlen

Quote from: nneonneo on October 16, 2007, 08:43:27 PM
Quote from: vnoIf you want to reverse the message display... say newest on top instead of bottom, in your yshout folder, open up your yshout.php file:
Find
$chatText=preg_replace_callback("/\[<timeval=(\d+)>\]/","preg_timeformat",$chatText);

Right after that, add this:
$chatText=implode("\n", (array_reverse(explode ( "\n", $chatText ))));
(from http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1221413;topicseen#msg1221413)

Sorry i had read only up to page 30.

Thanks!

nneonneo

Nah, it's alright. I remember most of what gets posted here, so I know what to search for ;)
spammers here!

tlen

Here again.

After doing the edit, the reverse works but the time is gone.

This

How do i do?

nneonneo

You've got to place the line specified after the timeval replace (not before).

If that doesn't help, attach or PM yshout.php and I will look into it.
spammers here!

tlen

My fault. It works just good :)

NEMINI

Quote from: nneonneo on October 17, 2007, 01:24:55 PM
NEMINI, there's two things which are amiss.

First, you should set board_url to "/" (so that the line appears as
var board_url = "/";
)

Next, check your server error log. http://nemini.org/yshout/yshout.php throws a 500 Server Error, so the main script is failing to run somehow. It may be permissions (chmod 755 or 777 will fix that), server configuration or a bug/syntax error in my script.

When these are resolved, the shoutbox will work.
did both of those.  Still says loading ...
signatures are boring.

nneonneo

OK, I finally figured it out. You should set board_url to "", and it should resolve the issue (I have tested it and it will work). Hope that helps.
spammers here!

Advertisement: