hi dear,
ShoutBox does not fully load.

it says

Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

But nothing end up
what to do?
thanks
Gain Knowledge,Try it, Modify it if you can and Spread it.

www.vusr.net

nneonneo

See main mod page for things you can do to fix the problem, or at least determine the cause.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

[unplugged]

I put a "how-to" just a few posts up of how I managed to make my shoutbox collapsible. It works smoothly for me. My shoutbox is integrated into the upper portion of the main page and is set up basically for the default theme. But the code is there and would probably work on the majority of other themes with a little bit of shuffling around.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

SinnerSaint

Hi nneonneo, your shoutbox has been working fine for me in the Black Day theme. However, we decided to change the theme of our site to DarkBreak and since then, I cannot make the shoutbox work. What I have is overlapping shoutbox with the Board index. The same issue happens with OverView theme, also created by the same maker of DarkBreak (http://www.dzinerweb.com).

Can you help me check where is the proper placement of the YSHOUT codes in my index.template.php file? The shoutbox is working fine in these themes except for the fact that they are overlapping with other portions of the board, thus making it unreadable. Here is a screenshot of my site.

I have attached the index.template.php file here.
SinnerSaint

nneonneo

@dence66: The header area, where the shoutbox usually lives, is constrained to a certain size because of the background images. It won't be possible to put it in that spo without modifying the background images and redoing a large chunk of the theme.

I can, however, suggest an alternate placement: right above the linktree -- the thing that says
All Pinoy Stuff > Forum > Subforum > Topic
There, it should look more natural. To put it there, just put the shoutbox code right at the end of the template_main_above function, i.e. right before
}

function template_main_below()
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

SinnerSaint

Thanks nneonneo. I will try out your suggestion. However, I don't know which of the original 4 blocks of code will be put in your suggested location before function template_main_below(). May I ask which of the following 4 blocks of codes or how do I put all these codes in my index.template.php?

// YSHOUT HERE
global $boardurl;
echo '
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/behaviour.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/domFunction.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

var myfunc = new domFunction(function()
{
',empty($options['collapse_header']) ? 'loadChat();':'','
}, { "yshout":"id"});
var board_url = "'; $boardurlparsed = parse_url($boardurl); echo (isset($boardurlparsed['path'])?$boardurlparsed['path']:""), '";
</script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?Apr122008" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">var shoutFile = "home.txt";</script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/yshout-style.css" />';
// YSHOUT END

// YSHOUT HERE
document.getElementById("yshout").style.display = mode ? "none" : "";
if(!mode)
{
loadChat();
}
// YSHOUT END

// YSHOUT HERE
echo '
<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />
<div id="yshout"', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '>' : ' style="display: none;">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
// YSHOUT END

// YSHOUT HERE
echo '
<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />
<div id="yshout"', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '>' : ' style="display: none;">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
// YSHOUT END
SinnerSaint

denio

Quote from: nneonneo on May 06, 2008, 07:53:36 PM
@denio: That problem was resolved in version 1.13 by stripping prototype.js.

Thanks for reply :)
I have 1.15 version and my sb disappear aprox 2 disappear / 1 minute  (Firefox and IE)

nneonneo

@dence66: 3rd or 4th (they're the same).

@denio: Reduce $updateTimeout in yshout/yshout.php.
spammers here!

toohow

hi nneonneo, thx for the wonderful mod.

i think my problem is the history has gotten too big. it is now 6.7MB so whenever I click on history, it will give out this error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 14680064 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 237 bytes) in /home/acc/public_html/forum/yshout/class.tail.php on line 228

What can I do to trim the file? I cant open this file under windows now.

jpveneracion

thanks for the awesome mod nneonneo..

i also read how to disable all bbcodes to prevent posting of images.. however my smileys vanished as well...

can i just disable a specific bbcode like [img] among others for instance...?

thanks!

EDIT: I found it exactly in page 20.... although why is list, center, etc... getting blank but when i include img in the array it leaves the closing ] in image... what is the difference between left and img just curious... lolz

this shoutbox works fantastic! thanks!

Nibogo

Quote from: SunKing on May 08, 2008, 10:15:14 PM
I put a "how-to" just a few posts up of how I managed to make my shoutbox collapsible. It works smoothly for me. My shoutbox is integrated into the upper portion of the main page and is set up basically for the default theme. But the code is there and would probably work on the majority of other themes with a little bit of shuffling around.

where is that how-to??

[unplugged]

QuoteI will certainly try. 

My theme is a butchered version of the default them, so with that in mind, there may need to be some adjustments to make it work in your particular case. My code is also chopped up bits I've assembled to fit my needs. Don't expect it to be pretty. 

in the index.template.php

find this

Code: [Select]
<body>
and before it add this

// script for shoutbox............................etc, etc.

just click here to go straight to it.  ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

SinnerSaint

Quote from: nneonneo on May 09, 2008, 08:51:57 PM
@SinnerSaint: 3rd or 4th (they're the same).

@denio: Reduce $updateTimeout in yshout/yshout.php.

Thank you so much nneonneo for your suggestion, the shoutbox is now working for the DarkBreak theme of my site. I just have follow up questions. Is there a way to change the line spacing of the shouts? It seems they are occupying double spaces and it makes the shoutout area extremely large. How can I also modify the codes so that the space used for typing the shouts can be much wider than the current width? I have attached the screenshot of the shoutbox now. Again thank you very much for this wonderful shoutbox.

SinnerSaint

PatriiickEmin

Here is a french translation for the Shoutbox:

// ---- Begin modification - nneonneo's Shoutbox ----
$txt['yshout_shoutbox'] = 'Zone d\'expression libre';
$txt['yshout_loading'] = '...chargement de la Zone d\'expression libre...';
$txt['yshout_rp_banned'] = "Désolé, vous avez été banni de la Zone d\'expression libre.";
$txt['yshout_no_guests'] = 'Désolé, vous devez être connecté pour utiliser la Zone d\'expression libre!';
$txt['yshout_ban_conf'] = 'Confirmation de bannissement';
$txt['yshout_select_mode'] = 'Sélectionnez le mode de bannissement:';
$txt['yshout_rp'] = 'Lire et poster';
$txt['yshout_p'] = 'Poster seulement';
$txt['yshout_error'] = 'ERREUR: ';
$txt['yshout_no_user'] = 'Utilisateur introuvable.';
$txt['yshout_del_success'] = 'Message supprimé.';
$txt['yshout_no_action'] = 'Aucune action à appliquer.';
$txt['yshout_history'] = 'Historique';
$txt['yshout_commands'] = 'Commandes';
$txt['yshout_exthistory'] = 'Historique Étendu';
$txt['yshout_hide'] = 'Cacher';
$txt['yshout_show'] = 'Afficher';
$txt['yshout_admlinks'] = 'LiensAdmin';
$txt['yshout_return'] = 'Retour à la Zone d\'expression libre';
$txt['yshout_p_banned'] = 'Vous avez été interdit de postage.';
$txt['yshout_banned'] = 'Banni';
$txt['yshout_shout_button'] = 'Publiez&nbsp;!';
$txt['yshout_banlist_caption'] = 'Bannissements de la Zone d\'expression libre (cliquez pour réintégrer)';
$txt['yshout_ip_bans'] = 'Bannissements d\'IP pour ';
$txt['yshout_username_bans'] = 'Bannissements d\'Utilisateur pour ';
$txt['yshout_ban_type_error'] = 'utilisez /banuser ou /banip&nbsp;!';
$txt['yshout_ban_mode_error'] = 'Un argument de mode doit être fourni.';
$txt['yshout_imp_slash_error'] = 'Préfixez le message avec un "/" (barre oblique)&nbsp;! Postez "/help impersonate" pour plus de détails.';
$txt['yshout_imp_uname_error'] = 'Aucun nom d\'utilisateur fourni&nbsp;!';
$txt['yshout_imp_max4_error'] = '4 arguments maximum&nbsp;!';
$txt['yshout_cmd_reference'] = 'Référentiel des Commandes';
$txt['yshout_cmdlist'] = array(
'/help' => ' [command]&nbsp;: Aide à propos d\'une commande, ou toutes si aucune commande n\'est spécifiée.',
'/return' => '&nbsp;: Retour à la Zone d\'expression libre.',
'/pi' => ' [digits]&nbsp;: Quelle est la valeur de pi à la <i>x</i><sup>e</sup> décimale&nbsp;?',
'/me' => ' &lt;message&gt;&nbsp;: Personnalise le message (ex. <span style="color: red;">* Nathaniel aime les chiens</span>)');
$txt['yshout_cmdlistadmin'] = array(
'/clear' => '&nbsp;: Efface complètement la Zone d\'expression libre.',
'/help' => ' [command]&nbsp;: Aide à propos d\'une commande, ou toutes si aucune commande n\'est spécifiée.',
'/return' => '&nbsp;: Retour à la Zone d\'expression libre.',
'/banlist' => '&nbsp;: Liste tous les bannissements en cours. Réintégrez les utilisateurs en cliquant sur leur nom.',
'/banuser' => ' &lt;mode&gt; &lt;utilisateur&gt;&nbsp;: Bannit un utilisateur par son nom d\'utilisateur. Vous devriez utiliser le nom réel de

l\'utilisateur, autrement le bannissement peut être contourné. Le mode peut être "u" pour réintégrer un membre, "rp" pour appliquer un bannissement de

lecture et postage ou "p" pour un bannissement de postage seulement.',
'/banip' => ' &lt;mode&gt; &lt;IP&gt;&nbsp;: Bannit un utilisateur par son adresse IP. Le mode peut être "u" pour réintégrer un membre, "rp" pour appliquer

un bannissement de lecture et postage ou "p" pour un bannissement de postage seulement.',
'/impersonate' => ' &lt;utilisateur&gt; [niveau] [ip] [id] /[message]: Usurper l\'identité d\'un utilisateur. Le message doit être préfixé d\'une "/" ou

l\'envoi échouera.<blockquote>
&lt;utilisateur&gt;&nbsp;: Nom d\'utilisateur dont on prend l\'identité<br />
[userlevel]&nbsp;: Niveau d\'utilisateur à utiliser. 0=normal, 1=modérateur, 2=administrateur<br />
[ip]&nbsp;: Adresse IP à utiliser, comme 1.2.3.4<br />
[id]&nbsp;: ID d\'utilisateur du forum, pour créer un lien vers le profil</blockquote>',
'/lock' => ' &lt;message&gt;&nbsp;: Bloque la Zone d\'expression libre en mode maintenance, avec un message spécifique.',
'/unlock' => '&nbsp;: Débloque la Zone d\'expression libre du mode maintenance.');
$txt['yshout_maintenance'] = 'Bloquée';
$txt['yshout_lock_arg_error'] = 'Vous devez spécifier une raison pour la maintenance&nbsp;!';
$txt['yshout_lock_changed'] = 'Raison de la maintenance changée pour "%s".';
$txt['yshout_lock_success'] = 'Zone d\'expression libre bloquée pour maintenance pour la raison suivante&nbsp;: "%s".';
$txt['yshout_unlock_already'] = 'Échec du déblocage&nbsp;: la Zone d\'expression libre n\'est pas bloquée&nbsp;!';
$txt['yshout_unlock_success'] = 'Zone d\'expression libre débloquée avec succès.';
// ---- End modification - nneonneo's S

Nibogo

Quote from: SunKing on May 10, 2008, 12:40:15 PM
QuoteI will certainly try. 

My theme is a butchered version of the default them, so with that in mind, there may need to be some adjustments to make it work in your particular case. My code is also chopped up bits I've assembled to fit my needs. Don't expect it to be pretty. 

in the index.template.php

find this

<body>
and before it add this

// script for shoutbox............................etc, etc.

just click here to go straight to it.  ;)

Thanks but how i can do the same thing in my boardindex.template.php???

nneonneo

@toohow: Try Wordpad; Notepad isn't good at opening big files. I'd suggest either saving and compressing the old history if it's useful, or deleting it outright if it's not useful.

@jpveneracion: Add "" to the list instead of "[img" and see if that fixes it.

@dence66: It all has to do with CSS. First, copy yshout-style.css from Themes/default/yshout-style.css to Themes/<themename>/yshout-style.css to fix all the spacing and width issues, then tweak that file to your liking.

@Patriiick: Thanks very much! I will include it on the first page of this thread.

@NIBOGO: Except for the last part (about adding "echo' </table>', shoutbox(), '</div></table>';"), do the instructions for index.template.php; the last bit, you add to boardindex.template.php (n.b. you *may* need to add the shoutbox function to BoardIndex.template.php depending on what order the files get loaded). Of course, SunKing knows his code best, so if I'm mistaken, please let me know :)
spammers here!

ALEJO

how can i make it look like the old shoutbox?
solo el mas paranoico sobrevive

_Anthony_

nneonneo thanks for updating it I got other moderator groups working :)

Jelle Mees

Quote from: ALEJO on May 10, 2008, 07:30:51 PM

how can i make it look like the old shoutbox?

Yeah, I want to old shoutbox back. The new shoutbox is freakin ugly and WAY TO HUGE!
Please give me url to 1.13, I don't have it anymore and I love this mod, just not the latest version...

Advertisement: