nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

@shanksta13
Glad you got it sorted.

@phyrstorm
Have you added the animatedcollapse.js to the /yshout/js/ folder and the smiley.php to the yshout/ folder?

@Krandall
You can save the history text file as history.{somedate}.txt then use a simply call to it from a link for archiving purposes. That's what I do and it seems to work great.

@juniorj23
The shoutbox doesn't touch any database. Hosting could be a factor, and there are some tips on improving the performance of the shoutbox on the first page of this thread.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Krandall

Sweet, thanks man!!!! How about this one.

Right now I haev it set that the shout is only brought up on a specific board called like this:

/ YSHOUT HERE - shoutbox code

global $board;

if(isset($board) && $board==32) {

global $txt,$context,$boarddir;

if(allowedTo('yshout_view'))

{

echo '<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />';

echo '<div id="yshout">';

include_once($boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php');

echo '</div>';

}

How can I make it so instead of based on board, based on an entire category?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php#c18   
I know it has something to do with the #c18   but I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

phyrstorm

The Java script is in the yshout/js and mymod folder and the smiley.php is in the yshout and mymod folders to make sure.

[unplugged]

OK. I have attached the file with a few fixes. Both the animatedcollapse.js and the smiley.php were being called from the mymod/ folder. I fixed that.
animatedcollapse.js is now called from /yshout/js (like it should be) so double check that that file is in there. Also, smiley.php is now called from /yshout/ so make sure it is in there. You can completely delete the mymod folder if you want to.

I didn't check through all of the shoutbox code, only the calls to those two files. If you have any other errors with the shoutbox, please do not hesitate to ask.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

phyrstorm

Well shoot, still nothing.  I double checked the location of the files and they are in the yshout/js and yshout directory where they should be.  Any other ideas becuase everyone really wants the smileys back on the shoutbox like our old site.

Enders

When you type too many characters, it doesn't shift to the next line... It extends it all the way to the end! I have the width of the shoutbox at 100%

changaroo

SunKing - could you maybe help me on getting the shoutbox justified to the left? all the shouts are centered right now.

changaroo

nvm i solved it.

"text-align:left;"

instead of

horizontal-align

_Anthony_

Quote from: changaroo on January 27, 2009, 07:29:42 PM
nvm i solved it.

"text-align:left;"

instead of

horizontal-align

Oh my bad, I'm getting things confused.

changaroo

its all good :) i just wasnt sure what to add where. but i went off what ya started :)

exxocet

It works, but it keeps loading and loading in Opera, all versions...

renkliforum

Quote from: nneonneo on January 23, 2009, 09:13:17 AM

@renkliforum: Did you install the <head> code? The javascript is required for the shoutbox to work.

yes, the following code's are in my index.template.php.

// YSHOUT HERE - <head> code
global $boardurl,$shoutFile;
$shoutFile='home';
$scripturlparsed = parse_url($scripturl);
$scriptpath=isset($scripturlparsed['path'])?$scripturlparsed['path']:'/';
$args='';
foreach($_GET as $key => $value) // passthrough $_GET
$args.='&'.urlencode($key).'='.urlencode($value);
echo '
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/settings.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><!]]><![CDATA[[CDATA[
window.onload=function(){loadChat();};
var shoutFile="',$shoutFile,'";
var yshout_php="',$scriptpath,'?yshout',$args,'";
// ]]]]><![CDATA[></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?July062008" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/soundmanager2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
soundManager.url="',$boardurl,'/yshout/soundmanager2.swf";
soundManager.debugMode = false;soundManager.consoleOnly = false;
soundManager.onload = function()
{
soundManager.createSound({id:"sound", url:"', $boardurl, '/yshout/chat.mp3", autoPlay:false});
}
</script>';
// YSHOUT END - <head> code

it's the true code or not?

ameo

@ renkliforum : did you put second code?   Also, you probably downloaded latest version, which maybe won't work with SMF 1.1.5.  Please update your forum. Un-updated forum is a security risk.
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

renkliforum

Quote from: ameo on January 28, 2009, 04:48:20 PM
@ renkliforum : did you put second code?   Also, you probably downloaded latest version, which maybe won't work with SMF 1.1.5.  Please update your forum. Un-updated forum is a security risk.

i have update my forum, the second code are installed. but it's not worked.. what can i doing?

Krandall

davebonner

Quote3. download smiley.php and safe in mymod dir. (download smiley_SMF2.php instead for SMF 2.x, but name it smiley.php)

where can i download smiley.php

thanks

mrtrc266

Quote from: davebonner on January 29, 2009, 09:02:46 AM
Quote3. download smiley.php and safe in mymod dir. (download smiley_SMF2.php instead for SMF 2.x, but name it smiley.php)

where can i download smiley.php

thanks

Hey Dave, fancy meeting you here. :D The same place you got that quote from the files are attatched.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1388091#msg1388091

davebonner

thanks for pointing me in the same direction   , didnt see links before lol

PerryM

Running smf 2.0 Beta 4 and installed new copy of this Shout Box v 1.22 - installed fine.

Users can type in messages fine.

However when the Admin tries to delete a line I get the error message:

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I can't delete any lines and I am logged in just fine.

Help!

Perry

Sandmansa

Quote from: PerryM on January 29, 2009, 10:24:52 PM
Running smf 2.0 Beta 4 and installed new copy of this Shout Box v 1.22 - installed fine.

Users can type in messages fine.

However when the Admin tries to delete a line I get the error message:

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I can't delete any lines and I am logged in just fine.

Help!

Try making all files with-in the yshout folder writeable.  See if that helps.

Advertisement: