nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mraspy

It appears as the shoutbox is installed correctly, however after the first text entry is made, the input field, usersname field and 'shout' button disappear. I am thinking a carriage return should be inserted in the code somewhere so these items are below the output messages and I haven't a clue where or otherwise put it. If in fact that is the answer. I'm not a developer. Please help.

TheTripleB

I have 2 questions, which may have been covered... but the thread is 290 pages long.

1) Is there a way to increase the refresh rate?  I look through the code and there are plenty of instances of the word refresh, but none that has a value to it that I can edit.

2) I installed it with the TANGO skin, and it now only shows the SB on hte index, and not when viewing a thread.  Is that by design, or something that can fix that?

Chen Zhen

Quote from: TheTripleB on January 13, 2010, 08:32:38 PM
I have 2 questions, which may have been covered... but the thread is 290 pages long.

1) Is there a way to increase the refresh rate?  I look through the code and there are plenty of instances of the word refresh, but none that has a value to it that I can edit.

2) I installed it with the TANGO skin, and it now only shows the SB on hte index, and not when viewing a thread.  Is that by design, or something that can fix that?

I believe the adjustments you are looking for can be done in: / yshout / settings.php

It is displayed on the forum index page by default.
You can have it show up wherever you wish by manually putting the initialize code in the appropriate location.

The easiest way to get the sb to show anywhere you want is to put the initialize code in a portal block which would give you control as to where it is displayed.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

MH-MINI

Hi, When will this be released for 2.0 RC2?

Thanks

Chen Zhen

Quote from: MH-MINI on January 13, 2010, 10:36:11 PM
Hi, When will this be released for 2.0 RC2?

Thanks

nneonneo shoutbox adv v1.22 already works with smf2 rc2

There is a list of manual edits in case it will not install correctly (install and use edits to fix any errors shown).

To view the edits - bring up the modification download screen, choose your SMF version and click on parse.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Chen Zhen

Quote from: MH-MINI on January 13, 2010, 10:48:47 PM
Quote from: 01_Underdog on January 13, 2010, 10:39:13 PM
CLICK HERE to view the edits.
Haha? Dead link?

Ya... The parse drop down menu uses POST (I think) and didn't provide a link. You will have to navigate to the download page for the mod, choose your SMF version on the drop down menu and click on parse.

I installed this on my smf 2.0 rc2 test forum without any troubles.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

MH-MINI

So I install the mod first, ignore the errors and then follow the instructions?

Thanks

Chen Zhen

Quote from: MH-MINI on January 13, 2010, 11:14:32 PM
So I install the mod first, ignore the errors and then follow the instructions?

Thanks

Yes.

Just jot down which file(s) it showed errors that it tried to edit.
Navigate to that file and use the parse edits as a reference where needed.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

kr5323

Quote from: ameo on November 11, 2009, 03:25:52 AM
hmmm...

try like this: find this $shown_linktree = true;

and after that, and before bracket place the code.

In the end it will look like this:
   $shown_linktree = true;

// YSHOUT HERE - shoutbox code
      echo '
                     <br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
      // YSHOUT END - shoutbox code
}

This "solution" for to see the chat in SMF 2.0 RC2 ... create distortions in the them. Thouse are:

Had to change some of the proposed code? Any other solution?

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Arantor on January 14, 2010, 02:55:47 AM
Quote from: 01_Underdog on January 13, 2010, 10:56:26 PM
Ya... The parse drop down menu uses POST (I think) and didn't provide a link. You will have to navigate to the download page for the mod, choose your SMF version on the drop down menu and click on parse.

Actually... that's not entirely accurate. When you're on the parse page, check out the "Installation instructions for xxxxxx" - it's actually a link to the GET version of the page ;)

For 2.0 RC2, last version of shoutbox, it's http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=585;attach=77561;smf_version=2.0_RC2

Thanks for the info.

The full url didn't show up in the browser on the parse page after using the drop down menu (that uses -  GET) so I just directed the user to the drop down menu itself. However, I now notice that the link is actually available at the top-left of the parse page in the page title.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

Quote from: kr5323 on January 14, 2010, 05:24:46 PM
Quote from: ameo on November 11, 2009, 03:25:52 AM
hmmm...

try like this: find this $shown_linktree = true;

and after that, and before bracket place the code.

In the end it will look like this:
   $shown_linktree = true;

echo '
                     <br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
}

I tested this by placing an initialize code in the same place as shown above (index.template.php file of your theme) and it seems to be working just fine (using curve or core). Perhaps all the breaks are mis-aligning your theme somehow.

Try replacing the above code with this:

$shown_linktree = true;
   global $txt,$context,$boarddir;
   if(allowedTo('yshout_view'))
   {
      echo '<br /><strong>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</strong><br /><br />';
      echo '<div id="yshout">';
      include_once($boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php');
      echo '</div>';
   }
   elseif($context['user']['is_guest'])
      echo $txt['yshout_no_guests'];
}

Another solution may be placing the initialize code in a different part of your index.template.php or perhaps putting the initialize code in your BoardIndex.template.php instead.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

lorddusk

Hi,

I installed the latest ADV for 2.0RC2,
and i have a kind of a little problem here :

Please help me?

Chen Zhen

Quote from: lorddusk on January 16, 2010, 07:51:20 AM
Hi,

Please help me?

Is this the immediate result after installing the sb, or have you done any modifications to the code?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

lorddusk

Quote from: 01_Underdog on January 17, 2010, 01:58:47 AM
Quote from: lorddusk on January 16, 2010, 07:51:20 AM
Hi,

Please help me?

Is this the immediate result after installing the sb, or have you done any modifications to the code?

immediate after installation...

Chen Zhen

Quote from: lorddusk on January 17, 2010, 05:32:14 AM
immediate after installation...

What is the part that you covered up with your image editor??

It appears as though another mod or possibly scripted ads from your site may be conflicting with the sb.

Give me a link to your site please.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

lorddusk

Quote from: 01_Underdog on January 17, 2010, 07:15:05 PM

My IP Adress

It appears as though another mod or possibly scripted ads from your site may be conflicting with the sb.

UD

http://www.peellan.nl

Chen Zhen

Quote from: lorddusk on January 18, 2010, 01:23:04 PM

My IP Adress

UD

http://www.peellan.nl

Your forum is Dutch, correct?

Try checking your / Themes / default / languages / Modifications.dutch.php

Somewhere in this file there should be the following language code:

// ---- Begin modification - nneonneo's Shoutbox ----
$txt['yshout_shoutbox'] = 'Shout Box';
$txt['yshout_loading'] = '...loading shoutbox...';
$txt['yshout_rp_banned'] = "Sorry, you've been banned from the shoutbox.";
$txt['yshout_no_guests'] = 'Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!';
$txt['yshout_ban_conf'] = 'Ban Confirmation';
$txt['yshout_select_mode'] = 'Select Ban Mode:';
$txt['yshout_rp'] = 'Reading and Posting';
$txt['yshout_p'] = 'Posting only';
$txt['yshout_error'] = 'ERROR: ';
$txt['yshout_no_user'] = 'User not found.';
$txt['yshout_del_success'] = 'Shout deleted.';
$txt['yshout_no_action'] = 'Nothing to do.';
$txt['yshout_history'] = 'History';
$txt['yshout_commands'] = 'Commands';
$txt['yshout_exthistory'] = 'ExtendedHistory';
$txt['yshout_hide'] = 'Hide';
$txt['yshout_show'] = 'Show';
$txt['yshout_admlinks'] = 'AdminLinks';
$txt['yshout_return'] = 'ReturnToShoutbox';
$txt['yshout_p_banned'] = 'You are banned from posting.';
$txt['yshout_banned'] = 'Banned';
$txt['yshout_shout_button'] = 'Shout!';
$txt['yshout_banlist_caption'] = 'Shout Box Bans (click to unban)';
$txt['yshout_ip_bans'] = 'IP Bans for ';
$txt['yshout_username_bans'] = 'Username Bans for ';
$txt['yshout_ban_type_error'] = 'use /banuser or /banip!';
$txt['yshout_ban_mode_error'] = 'Must have mode argument.';
$txt['yshout_imp_slash_error'] = 'Prefix shout with "/" (slash character)! See "/help impersonate" for details.';
$txt['yshout_imp_uname_error'] = 'No username given!';
$txt['yshout_imp_max4_error'] = 'Maximum 4 arguments!';
$txt['yshout_cmd_reference'] = 'Command Reference';
$txt['yshout_cmdlist'] = array(
'/help' => ' [command]: Help on a command, or all if no command is specified.',
'/return' => ': Go back to the Shout Box.',
'/pi' => ' [digits]: What is the value of pi to the nth digit?',
'/me' => ' &lt;message&gt;: Emotes the message (e.g. <span class="meaction"> * Nathaniel likes dogs</span>)');
$txt['yshout_cmdlistadmin'] = array(
'/clear' => ': Completely empty the Shout Box.',
'/erase' => ': Erase entire Shout Box history.',
'/help' => ' [command]: Help on a command, or all if no command is specified.',
'/return' => ': Go back to the Shout Box.',
'/banlist' => ': List all bans currently in place. Unban the users by clicking on their names.',
'/banuser' => ' &lt;mode&gt; &lt;username&gt;: Ban a user by name. You should use the user\'s real username, otherwise the ban can be evaded. Mode can be "u" to unban, "rp" for read and post bans, or "p" for a post ban.',
'/banip' => ' &lt;mode&gt; &lt;IP&gt;: Ban a user by IP. Mode can be "u" to unban, "rp" for read and post bans, or "p" for a post ban.',
'/impersonate' => ' &lt;user&gt; [userlevel] [ip] [userid] /[shout text]: Impersonate a user. Shout text must be prefixed by a "/" or else it will fail.<blockquote><div>
&lt;user&gt;: Username to use<br />
[userlevel]: User Level to use. 0=normal, 1=mod, 2=admin<br />
[ip]: IP address to use, as 1.2.3.4<br />
[userid]: User ID from forum, to fix profile link</div></blockquote>',
'/lock' => ' &lt;message&gt;: Lock the shoutbox for maintenance with the specified message.',
'/unlock' => ': Release the shoutbox from maintenance.');
$txt['yshout_maintenance'] = 'Locked';
$txt['yshout_lock_arg_error'] = 'You need to specify a reason for maintenance!';
$txt['yshout_lock_changed'] = 'Changed maintenance reason to "%s".';
$txt['yshout_lock_success'] = 'Locked shoutbox for maintenance with reason "%s".';
$txt['yshout_unlock_already'] = 'Failed to unlock: shoutbox isn\'t locked!';
$txt['yshout_unlock_success'] = 'Successfully unlocked shoutbox.';
$txt['yshout_no_posting'] = 'Sorry, you cannot post to the shoutbox.';
$txt['yshout_smilies'] = "Smilies";
// Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_yshout'] = 'Shoutbox';
$txt['permissionname_yshout_view'] = 'View shoutbox';
$txt['permissionname_yshout_post'] = 'Post in shoutbox';
$txt['permissionname_yshout_moderate'] = 'Moderate shoutbox';
$txt['permissionhelp_yshout_view'] = 'This permission allows access to the shoutbox. If it is enabled, users will see the shoutbox and the chats in it.';
$txt['permissionhelp_yshout_post'] = 'This permission allows users to post messages to the shoutbox. If it is disabled, users cannot enter any messages.';
$txt['permissionhelp_yshout_moderate'] = 'If this permission is set, users will be allowed to moderate the shoutbox -- deleting, banning and clearing among other features.';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_yshout'] = 'Shoutbox';
// ---- End modification - nneonneo's Shoutbox ----

If it isn't in that file then find and place the language code I listed above BEFORE this code in that file:

?>

(located at the end of the file)

If it doesn't solve the issue then we try something else.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

lorddusk

didnt work, still the same.

Im going to try to do a fresh install of SMF, because this forum has had MANY upgrades, and might have had enough :P

Boby_

Hello!

I installed the simple version of nneonneo's Shoutbox on RC2.0. It looks a very nice mod - fast and very helpful!

Unfortunately I've a problem with it. When I try to click an admin link (del, ban), I've got a message "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."
I'm logged in as admin of the forum. The text command for banning is working just fine. What can be done with this session verification?
Thanks in advance!

Advertisement: