News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

Of course it is :)

First, you should effectively uninstall the mod from Themes/default/index.template.php, to make sure it is clean (there's some header-specific stuff there) -- remove the four code blocks between // YSHOUT HERE and // YSHOUT END.

Next, follow the "other theme" installation instructions on the main mod page.
If you are using 1.13, you are recommended to make this change:
<style type="text/css">
#yshout {
font-size: 10px;
}
#yshout p {
margin: 0 0 0; /* Top Bottom Linespacing */
}
.shout-invalid {
background: #FFFDD1;
}
#yshout fieldset {
border: none;
}
#yshout em {
font-style: normal;
}
#yshout p {
line-height: 1;
margin-top: 0;
}
#yshout {
overflow: hidden;
}
#yshout .shout-timestamp {
font-weight: normal;
color: #000;
}
#yshout .adminlink {
font-size: 6pt;
color: #141414;
}
#forum-name, #shout-text, #shout-button {
font-size: 9px;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
#yshout #forum-name {
color: #666666;
width: 70px;
margin-right: 5px;
}
#yshout #shout-text {
color: #000000;
width: 310px;
}
#yshout #shout-button {
width: 55px;
}
</style>';

to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/yshout-style.css" />';
so that the yshout-style.css file still works.

The location in the theme where you should put the div is right above
// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!

Now, you can also opt to put the shoutbox in a info-center-esque block, by using
// YSHOUT HERE
echo '<br />
<div class="tborder" style="margin-top: 0;' , $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? 'width: 100%;' : '', '">
<div class="catbg" style="padding: 6px; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; ">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'</div>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="5" class="bordercolor" style="margin-top: 1px;">
<tr><td class="windowbg2"><div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div></td></tr></table>
</div>';
// YSHOUT END

instead of the supplied <div> code.

Did that all make sense? If you need any more assistance, feel free to ask :)
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

ivo2296

Thanks a lot, when i'm ready i'll come back here :)
It will take some time cause i need to translate the mod to Bulgarian language 1st.

syndicate

@nneonneo

Hey thanks for the reply, but mines still giving me problemz :'(

Heres a ss

nneonneo

Did you uninstall it? I can't get to http://aesl-gaming.com/forums/yshout/yshout.php; in fact, none of the JavaScript are loaded or available.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

syndicate

I used that package installer, and it showed this, then i put in the stuff that you wrote into the index.template file in the theme that i use.
(btw i am VERY noobie when it comes to this, that is my first mod that i tried to install aswell.)

nneonneo

Huh? Did you hit "Apply mod"?
spammers here!

Jimi_Hendrix

Hi nneonneo,

I noticed that in the "Forum Error Log" there are many errors:

8: Undefined index: path that i resolved here

And now I just another error:

"8: Undefined variable: boardurl"

Thanks for your support  ;)

ivo2296

1. First, you should effectively uninstall the mod from Themes/default/index.template.php, to make sure it is clean (there's some header-specific stuff there) -- remove the four code blocks between // YSHOUT HERE and // YSHOUT END.
  - If i remove all the mod code from index.template.php where shall i put it?
  - Are you talking about those four code blocks?:

<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/behaviour.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/domFunction.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

2. If you are using 1.13, you are recommended to make this change:
<style type="text/css">
#yshout {
font-size: 10px;
}
#yshout p {
margin: 0 0 0; /* Top Bottom Linespacing */
}
.shout-invalid {
background: #FFFDD1;
}
#yshout fieldset {
border: none;
}
#yshout em {
font-style: normal;
}
#yshout p {
line-height: 1;
margin-top: 0;
}
#yshout {
overflow: hidden;
}
#yshout .shout-timestamp {
font-weight: normal;
color: #000;
}
#yshout .adminlink {
font-size: 6pt;
color: #141414;
}
#forum-name, #shout-text, #shout-button {
font-size: 9px;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
#yshout #forum-name {
color: #666666;
width: 70px;
}
#yshout #shout-text {
color: #000000;
width: 310px;
}
#yshout #shout-button {
width: 55px;
}
</style>';

to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/yshout-style.css" />';
- shall i edit yshout-style.css or the code in index.template.php?

Could you be so nice, when you have time please attach modified index.template.php, so i can understand better - i have been playing for 3 hours but i probably do something wrong.

Thanks a lot!

nneonneo

@ivpn: I can't get those errors. The path error should be fixed as of 1.12, unless I did something wrong.

@ivo2296: Find the line "// YSHOUT HERE". There are four of them in index.template.php. Delete everything from // YSHOUT HERE to the matching // YSHOUT END line. One will have some script tags and some CSS. Another will be a short JS snippet. The last two will have a single echo statement with a "div".
Then, you install the mod "to another theme" as per the instructions on the main mod page.
Finally, ONLY if you have 1.13, make the change detailed in index.template.php.
spammers here!

ivo2296

Thanks,
One more thing - with Firefox all chat text hides in 5-6 seconds and i have to do refresh again to see it for another 5-6sec, in IE the chat text doesn't hide. What should be the right behavior?

nneonneo

Huh. Sounds like you need to set $updateTimeout (yshout/yshout.php) lower, probably to about 4 seconds.
spammers here!

Jimi_Hendrix

Quote from: nneonneo on March 08, 2008, 04:09:57 PM@ivpn: I can't get those errors. The path error should be fixed as of 1.12, unless I did something wrong.

Recommendations?

the errors:

http://www.sanpietroinguarano.org/index.php
8: Undefined variable: boardurl
File: /public_html/Themes/default/TPortal.template.php (eval?)
Riga: 72

http://www.sanpietroinguarano.org/index.php?dummy=1;action=forum;
File: /public_html/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)

http://www.sanpietroinguarano.org/index.php?dummy=2&amp;board=19.0
File: /public_html/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php (eval?)

http://www.sanpietroinguarano.org/index.php?dummy=1&amp;topic=161.0
File: /public_html/Themes/default/Display.template.php (eval?)

and other....

CmptrWz

Looks like in various places $boardurl is referenced, but not included in the global statement for the functions in question.

nneonneo

My script is using global $boardurl, so I don't know what is causing it. It might still be my fault, but I cannot reproduce it (nor can I locate any of my code on line 72, of any files I've modified :P)
spammers here!

CmptrWz

It appears to be in eval'ed code.

I think you can jam a disableTemplateEval variable into modsettings or something like that to get it to stop doing the eval, so you get the actual error message.

ivo2296

I have no errors but i try to set bigger font px using yshout-style.css but nothing changes :)

ivo2296

That will be best shoutbox if nneonneo try to add some basic BBC menu to it in the next version :)

nneonneo

@ivo2296: BBC support is there. I am not going to add a BBC menu, since I think it simply clutters the interface. No need for more buttons and complexity than is necessary.
As for CSS, the two spots to watch are Themes/<theme>/yshout-style.css and inline CSS in index.template.php. yshout/yshout-style.css is only for history.

@NIBOGO: If it says Nothing to do, then by all means it should be working. Try version 1.12 or 1.13.
spammers here!

AHMER

IF U ARE LOOKING FOR A WEBMASTER THEN EMAIL ME @ ahmerfish [at] hotmail [dot]com

Advertisement: