nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirsty

Hi Sunking, just wondering if you saw my post with my index.template.php in it?

Thanks
kirsty

[unplugged]

You said "no rush", so I put it off until mid December....

Just kidding.  ;D  I must have missed that post somehow. I am installing SMF on my test server as I type, so it shouldn't be much longer. Worst case scenario: mid December.
Still kidding. Thanks for being patient.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: SunKing on August 18, 2008, 05:38:15 PM
You said "no rush", so I put it off until mid December....

Just kidding.  ;D  I must have missed that post somehow. I am installing SMF on my test server as I type, so it shouldn't be much longer. Worst case scenario: mid December.
Still kidding. Thanks for being patient.

I'll handle it. ;o

bullbreedluverz

cheers sunking.............. if ur not too busy cud you rewrite my index.template for me to get the smiley bar working.......

only joking lol can do it meself just wanted to check before i started that changes was same for new version and dont mess up my clean install lol

[unplugged]

@samames  -  I believe this is what you wanted. :)  If it doesn't work for some strange reason, then the index.template.php isn't the problem. And I can walk you through fixing it.

@bullbreedluverz  -  If you want to attach your index.template.php, I can add the smiley bar for you.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

bullbreedluverz

i was only joking as you said you was so busy but if you dont mind it would be a great help, i would get it done but it would probly take me a lot longer than you - much appreciated

[unplugged]

OK. Attached are three files. The index.template.php with the modifications for the smiley bar - upload that replacing the old one. Then, the animatedcollapse.js needs to be uploaded to your yshout/js folder. And finally, the smiley.php needs to be uploaded to your yshout/ folder. Works great on my test site. ;)

EDIT: Just noticed that even though the bar works great, the smileys do not post. If you are also having this problem, attach your yshout.php and I can fix that for you too. it works great on my test site now (including posting smileys).  :P :P

bullbreedluverz

works perfect sunking, thanx a lot, save me a lot of time, cheers

[unplugged]

Glad I could help. Enjoy your new toy.

Kirsty

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to ccbtimewiz for helping me with the shout box!!

Muchly appreciated.

Problem has been solved :D

[unplugged]

Thank you ccbtimewiz. I appreciate the help, as always. Enjoy Kirsty!

theglobe

Still can't figure out how to unban members. How should I type the _banlist.php in my bar? I might be putting it in wrong.

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: theglobe on August 18, 2008, 06:45:00 PM
Still can't figure out how to unban members. How should I type the _banlist.php in my bar? I might be putting it in wrong.

Do /banlist in your command box.

Then click the names to unban.

theglobe

awesome, thanks a lot. I've figured it out. sorry about being dense. Old age must come on at 30. :(

Stef001

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 18, 2008, 06:45:45 PM
Quote from: theglobe on August 18, 2008, 06:45:00 PM

Do /banlist in your command box.

For me its not working, i only see: /banlist in my command box an nothing els.

Then click the names to unban.

I uploaded a blanco _banlist.php.
SMF 2.0.2 | SimplePortal 2.3.5

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: SunKing on August 18, 2008, 06:33:27 PM
Glad I could help. Enjoy your new toy.

well my members like there little toys so ur keeping them happy  ;)

biohrd

I have cleared all SB things from files and reinstalled Shoutbox.

Now I have problem. In ShoutBox place now I see all the time:

...loading shoutbox...

Is any chance to fix it? Im not using default theme. Im using Outline.

superboomz

there's a problem

the shoutbox only appeared on when admin logged in,
but the normal members and mod is not,
when members logged in, it appears nothing.

well, what's wrong with this case?

thank you

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: superboomz on August 21, 2008, 12:38:11 PM
there's a problem

the shoutbox only appeared on when admin logged in,
but the normal members and mod is not,
when members logged in, it appears nothing.

well, what's wrong with this case?

thank you

You have to set the permissions in the admin panel under Permissions.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: nneonneo on August 03, 2008, 12:57:44 AM
@optimushunk: Use $context['current_action'] to control the shoutbox.
For example:
if(!in_array($context['current_action'],array(...)))
{
SHOUTBOX CODE
}

Note that admin actions are any of
'admin', 'ban', 'boardrecount', 'cleanperms', 'detailedversion', 'dumpdb', 'featuresettings', 'featuresettings2', 'findmember', 'maintain', 'manageattachments', 'manageboards', 'managecalendar', 'managesearch', 'membergroups', 'modlog', 'news', 'optimizetables', 'packageget', 'packages', 'permissions', 'pgdownload', 'postsettings', 'regcenter', 'repairboards', 'reports', 'serversettings', 'serversettings2', 'smileys', 'viewErrorLog', 'viewmembers'
which is rather painful to look at (but check out SMF 1.1.5's template_menu function for that).

I still dont get it right.. Which file am i suppose to edit ? I did edit the index.template.php but yet no effect..it is nothing related to shoutbox.. i m kind of very confused...

Advertisement: