nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

No, your JS files are not updated. Try putting up the new JS files from yshout/js inside SB_1.21.zip.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

chichiri

lol...i downloaded a old version -.-!!!

works fine now...thanks so much for the help

Sandmansa

I think I need some help.  I am having a very dificult time trying to place the shoutbox in my forums where I want it and I am not having much luck.  I am using Helios Multicolor theme and I am trying to make the shoutbox appear in between the menubar and the news fader.  As you can see, I got close.  :-[

_Anthony_

Quote from: Sandmansa on September 14, 2008, 03:41:30 AM
I think I need some help.  I am having a very dificult time trying to place the shoutbox in my forums where I want it and I am not having much luck.  I am using Helios Multicolor theme and I am trying to make the shoutbox appear in between the menubar and the news fader.  As you can see, I got close.  :-[
I don't see see that is not between the menubar and news fader?

picos

I have tried the search function on this forum and it's not that good... I'm trying to find the page that has the code for the auto scroll function as I want to disable it.  I tried searching for auto scroll, scroll, auto and each only comes up with one post and it's the same one!  So I tested using words that are common in this thread like packages and it still doesn't work.  What's up with that? 

Anyway, does anyone know of hand how to disable the auto scroll since I have the shouts appearing from top to bottom now?  Thanks :)

I found it!  I should read the small print more lol. 

Angie on Dialysis

Quote from: nneonneo on September 13, 2008, 11:48:51 PM
@Angie of AKC: The sound should work if installed correctly. New soundmanager2 versions require a slight tweak to get them to work. If you can't figure it out, post the version of soundmanager2 used and index.template.php (modified with sound)

SoundManager2 V2.5b.20080525

Attached: index.template.php

Also if it can't connect .. instead of getting the nifty message I saw on the example forums .. it just minimizes ..
(I attached those as images to show what I mean)

Sandmansa

If you look at the image I had posted mr money, you will see that I got close.  But notice that the text above the shoutbox has been moved upward and there is a red seporator behind it.  Should be over top of the shoutbox.  This is where I am having the problem.

picos

When I try deleting shouts I get this error

Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

It's happening in 4 different browsers... 

It's a conflict with another JS that I use... is there a way round this at all?

Con

Quote from: nneonneo on September 13, 2008, 11:48:51 PM

@Con: Hmm, I no longer have IE6 after trying to debug a problem with IE7, and now that I have IE8 (which, incidentally, is an improvement, but by all measures still sucks). It's a bit amusing that IE would crash, but there's very, very little I can do to remedy a browser crash. You *could* try taking out the "onbeforeunload" handler and/or the "unload" handler (yshout/js/yshout.js) since it seems it crashes on leaving the current page.
I know very little of php.. could you tell me exactly what I would have to remove then?

feelingshehides

Hey, is there any eta for beta 4 ? i tried to install this on beta 4 but too many errors on the test :(

Advanced AJAX Shoutbox
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
      Type    Action    Description
*    1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./index.php    Test successful
*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      3.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
*    3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
      1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
   5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
   6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british.php    Skipping file
   7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british-utf8.php    Skipping file
*    8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
      1.    Add After    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
   9.    Extract Tree    ./yshout    
   10.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/css/yshout.css    
   11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/calendar.png    
   12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/info.png    
   13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/cog_delete.png    
   14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/cog_add.png    
   15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/smile.png    
   16.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/date.png    
   17.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/mute.png    
   18.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/unmute.png

[unplugged]

Quote from: feelingshehides on September 14, 2008, 08:20:30 AM
Hey, is there any eta for beta 4 ? i tried to install this on beta 4 but too many errors on the test :(

I have it working flawlessly on Beta 4. All of your errors are in the index.template.php. You could easily install the mod using the package manager, skip the index.template.php errors, then simply manually edit the index.template.php yourself (or if you want, attach your index.template.php here after installing mod and I will edit it for you).
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

feelingshehides

I'm not that good with editing thou

Well I installed the mod, i attached the index.template.php

Edit: And i tried editing it myself with the older index.template.php... i was able to show the shoutbox but when i type something nothing came up :(

[unplugged]

@feelingshehides
I am working on yours right now, and I also have it working minus the shouts actually displaying. I remember some small tweak had to be done to SMF 2 Beta 4 for it to work.....so please be patient.  ;D
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

nneonneo

@Angie of AKC: There's no soundmanager code at all in the index.template.php, which probably explains why it doesn't work. Instructions to add it can be found here. As for a clean error message, sometimes it depends on the host. I wouldn't be able to give any more details without seeing the forum.

@picos: What JS is conflicting? The function is named "ajaxGet". The shoutbox *should* be putting the session IDs in for you, so if it is not working, it is probably a server issue. Also, note that it might not work properly on old shouts (pre-1.20).

@Con: in yshout/js/yshout.js:
// onbeforeunload is IE specific, and is used because onunload doesn't fire immediately
window.onbeforeunload = window.onunload = unloadChat;

Remove "window.onbeforeunload = " or "window.onunload = " and see if removing either of them makes a difference.

@SunKing: the small tweak was changing complex_escape in yshout/js/yshout.js, I think.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

feelingshehides

Quote from: SunKing on September 14, 2008, 01:28:53 PM
@feelingshehides
I am working on yours right now, and I also have it working minus the shouts actually displaying. I remember some small tweak had to be done to SMF 2 Beta 4 for it to work.....so please be patient.  ;D

Oh lol thanks! We have the same problem xD

[unplugged]

Great! Everything works!  :P

Read here for how to fix the shouts not displaying.

I have attached the modified index.template.php (just in case), but you may not need it. And if you have any difficulties with the yshout.js edits, attach it here and I'll get it fixed too.

machmanx

I guess you missed my question, nneonneo.  How do I get the shoutbox to have "Sound On" as Default because the sound is off by default?

nneonneo

@machmanx: I suppose the best way is to invert mute and unmute, like so:

In yshout/js/yshout.js, change
&& get_cookie("shoutSound") == "true"
to
&& !get_cookie("shoutMute")

In yshout.php, change
      if(!isset($_COOKIE['shoutSound'])) {
            echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutSound\');set_cookie(\'shoutSound\',\'true\',3600*24);delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">Use Sound</a>';
      } else {
            echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutSound\');delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">No Sound</a>';
      }

to
      if(isset($_COOKIE['shoutMute'])) {
            echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutMute\');delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">Use Sound</a>';
      } else {
            echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutMute\');set_cookie(\'shoutMute\',\'true\',3600*24);delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">No Sound</a>';
      }
spammers here!

feelingshehides

Quote from: SunKing on September 14, 2008, 01:35:53 PM
Great! Everything works!  :P

Read here for how to fix the shouts not displaying.

I have attached the modified index.template.php (just in case), but you may not need it. And if you have any difficulties with the yshout.js edits, attach it here and I'll get it fixed too.
It's all working now Thank you

fals

Hi
Anyone know how to have 2 lines/rows in the textbox ?

500fan.dk - SMF 2.0 ~ custom theme
ls-forum.dk - SMF 2.0.2 ~ custom theme and custom iPhone theme

Advertisement: