nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picos

@picos: not sure, have you tried the suggestions posted before? If you are using a new soundmanager, you might need to remove "soundmanager2.swf" from index.template.php

I'm using the latest version of your shoutbox and the latest version of the 2.0 beta (4)... there is a soundmanager2,swf file in the directory.  Do I have to activate the sound at all or add an mp3?  Sorry, I 've looked through the thread as much as I can and searched... there was nothing specific to the latest beta.

nneonneo

@Sandmansa: Post index.template.php, or, if you've done that already, link to the post.

@dwd2000: If you want to put the shoutbox in Arcade.template.php there is no need to wrap it with extra code. In that case, you simply remove the shoutbox code from index.template.php (the block containing "shoutbox();" only) and add shoutbox(); to Arcade.template.php where you want it. It will then only show on Arcade-invoked pages.

@picos: Try removing "soundmanager2.swf" from index.template.php (should be part of "/yshout/soundmanager2.swf" or something like that).
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

machmanx

Quote from: nneonneo on September 14, 2008, 01:52:12 PM
@machmanx: I suppose the best way is to invert mute and unmute, like so:

In yshout/js/yshout.js, change
&& get_cookie("shoutSound") == "true"
to
&& !get_cookie("shoutMute")

In yshout.php, change
      if(!isset($_COOKIE['shoutSound'])) {
            echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutSound\');set_cookie(\'shoutSound\',\'true\',3600*24);delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">Use Sound</a>';
      } else {
            echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutSound\');delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">No Sound</a>';
      }

to
      if(isset($_COOKIE['shoutMute'])) {
            echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutMute\');delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">Use Sound</a>';
      } else {
            echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:delete_cookie(\'shoutMute\');set_cookie(\'shoutMute\',\'true\',3600*24);delete_cookie(\'yShout_open\');loadChat();">No Sound</a>';
      }

Well, this does make "Sound on" default, but unfortunately, the functions have been switched.  This means that when you click on "Use Sound", you get NO SOUND, and when you click on "No Sound" you get SOUND.  So, how to fix this?  Tried playing around with the .js file by changing ShoutMute back to ShoutSound, but that didn't help.  Also tried changing .js to original setting, but that cause SOUND on both settings.  So, what should I do, nneonneo?

BTW, after this is fixed, I will make my files available for anyone to download for SMF 2.0 beta 4.  Sounds good, nneonneo?

panetolikos6

Quote from: panetolikos6 on September 08, 2008, 06:18:06 PM
Hello,
Congratulations and many thanks for the mod which is the most succesful part of my site. I use Nneonneo's Ajax Shoutbox 1.09 and my forum is SMF 1.1.3. I am very satisfied with that.

The only thing that I wish to add is the option "Return" for users, as it is for moderators and admins. Sorry if it is answered before, but I searched, but couldn't find it. I want to add it because sometimes it doesn't refresh due to server problems.

Thank you!

any help?

picos

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by taking the swf out but the things I did try didn't work...

I deleted the swf which didn't help and I took out the script from the index file in the yshout folder. 

nneonneo

@panetolikos6: In yshout/yshout.php, change
echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:autoShout(\'/return\');">',$txt['yshout_return'],'</a>';
}

to
}
echo '&nbsp;<a href="javascript:autoShout(\'/return\');">',$txt['yshout_return'],'</a>';

@picos: Try this: add "&debug=1" or ";debug=1" to the end of the forum URL. SoundManager2 should output some debugging information to the very bottom of the page. Post that.

@machmanx: First try shift+refresh, and if that doesn't work, just switch "Use Sound" and "No Sound" in yshout/yshout.php
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

feelingshehides

Hey I'm using Advanced AJAX Shoutbox atm, thanks to Sunking of course for helping me make it work with SMF 2.0 Beta 4.

I am wondering how do we move the shoutbox ? I can't seem to find options for it aside from /help.. since default its currently on the top.. i wonder if we can move it to the right or left ?

dwd2000

Quote from: nneonneo on September 16, 2008, 06:43:49 PM

@dwd2000: If you want to put the shoutbox in Arcade.template.php there is no need to wrap it with extra code. In that case, you simply remove the shoutbox code from index.template.php (the block containing "shoutbox();" only) and add shoutbox(); to Arcade.template.php where you want it. It will then only show on Arcade-invoked pages.

NotePad++ is an excellent tool.
I tried several times to do what you suggested, with the results just showing the text of the code on the page where I wanted it.
I noticed that when I pasted
// Show the shoutbox!
shoutbox();

the comment (// Show the shoutbox! ) wasn't turning green, like the rest of the comments in the code.
After I tried several places, I noticed it did turn green, so I saved it and uploaded it.
It worked.

Thanks a bunch. ;)
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

machmanx

OMG! Your original instructions were correct, nneonneo.  I forgot to add the exclamation point, hence turning the function into a NOT!  OMG!!  Just one character can cause you all the pain in the world of coding :D  Anyway, no need to inverse anything, it just works as you instructed.  Thank you soo much for helping me out and now everything works! YES!!

Just because I can, I'm gonna post my yshout.js and yshout.php for anyone to use.  I use SMF 2.0 beta 4 with shoutbox 1.21, FYI.  My shoutbox is configured for sound mod as well.

callteg4

I am trying to add the smileys but i just can not understand the instuctions

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

@callteg4 I actually finished my 10 PM in 1 hr quota... so just to inform its done.. i have added u in yahoo.. would try to get ur problem solved.

dwd2000

Quote from: dwd2000 on September 17, 2008, 11:30:41 AM

NotePad++ is an excellent tool.
I tried several times to do what you suggested, with the results just showing the text of the code on the page where I wanted it.
I noticed that when I pasted
// Show the shoutbox!
shoutbox();

the comment (// Show the shoutbox! ) wasn't turning green, like the rest of the comments in the code.
After I tried several places, I noticed it did turn green, so I saved it and uploaded it.
It worked.

Thanks a bunch. ;)

Correction:
It showed up, but didn't work.

Now I'm just young.

Dave's Games

nneonneo

@dwd2000: What doesn't work about it?
spammers here!

dwd2000

Quote from: nneonneo on September 17, 2008, 08:07:14 PM
@dwd2000: What doesn't work about it?

It wouldn't post a shout.

When I put the
  // Show the shoutbox!
shoutbox();

back on the index.template.php, it works fine.
Now I'm just young.

Dave's Games

Sandmansa

@Sandmansa: Post index.template.php, or, if you've done that already, link to the post.

Okay but I just want you to know that I had to move the shoutbox farther up the forum so it didn't make the forum look like something broke.  Also, I don't know what's wrong with it but it's not reading the yshout.css either.  I had to add the style code manually.  And to top it off, the sound does not work.  :'(

dedalus

Quote from: SunKing on May 08, 2008, 06:02:59 AM
Today is a good day.  :D

I have been struggling with an "upshrink" for the shoutbox for a while and I have seen others ask for it once or twice. I finally managed to get it to work so it only takes up space if the viewer is using it. See it here.

It's nothing more than an alteration of the Info Center upshrink. (After quite a while of scratching my head as to why it wouldn't work, I finally noticed that I had never added the proper variable to the database!  :P )

Maybe nneonneo can add it to this fantastic mod as an option.  ;D

I want to thank Sunking for his extremely kind help in configuring my friend's site's shoutbox !!
I never found anyone around with this availability to help someone that he never heard about.

THANKS A LOT MATE !!!
As I told you, YOU ARE THE BEST !!

Take care !!

adventurer

Hi..
I install Sb 1.21 (i have 1.13 before) on SMF 1.1.5..
now only Admin see shoutbox..
i find this message "Permissions Note
Please note that the shoutbox, by default, is accessible only to the admin; to change this, set the appropriate permissions in the admin panel." but i dont know where is this in admin panel?

dwd2000

Quote from: adventurer on September 18, 2008, 04:56:33 AM
Hi..
I install Sb 1.21 (i have 1.13 before) on SMF 1.1.5..
now only Admin see shoutbox..
i find this message "Permissions Note
Please note that the shoutbox, by default, is accessible only to the admin; to change this, set the appropriate permissions in the admin panel." but i dont know where is this in admin panel?

In your main Admin Panel, go to "Permissions" (Members section) then go into each group and set the permissions there.
Guests,
Regular Members,
Admin is already set to "All",
Global Moderators, 

Click on "Modify" (on right side) to enter each group's permissions.
Now I'm just young.

Dave's Games

lynmangoro

Hi, I have installed the shoutbox but it's not working, it just says loading shoutbox....I am new to smf forums and any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance :)

Ace1564

hi
i installed this mod without any errors
When i login the shoutbox shows for a short time then disappears, it then says
QuoteYOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO USE THE SHOUTBOX

Advertisement: