News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

I would be glad to. The file I need attached, however, would be your yshout.php.  :D
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

BigShow

Hello, I have ShoutBox 1.16b.

I update the board to 1.1.6 and I had to do all by hand cause the shoutbox mod.

How could I disinstall the shoutbox 1.16b mod because I cannot disinstall from admin panel, it says error.

Which files I have to remove and edit? Where?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Ace1564

Quote@Ace1564: Did you check "forever" when you logged in, or was there even the option? On some themes, the lack of "15 minutes/.../1 day/.../forever" options for logging in causes weird bugs like that.

Yes its checked, i cleared cookies, and browser cache too..
Im using the default theme..

Ace1564

Also i noticed too that when i go to whos online
it list me as Signed in and also list me as Guest while Logged in im browsing WHOS Online but Guest is browsing the forum. Its my ip that i see list for both

dedalus

Quote from: SunKing on September 19, 2008, 05:58:10 PM
I would be glad to. The file I need attached, however, would be your yshout.php.  :D

I have to thank you once more Sunking!! :)
Coming to my server and doing all the edits was a super nice atitude !!

Thanks you a thousand...million times !

SUNKING IS THA MAN !!
;)

[unplugged]

@ dedalus

Not at all a problem.  :D Glad it's all worked out for you!
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

insanehsp

Hello,

i have a little problem with this mod in Beta 4.

Problem 1:
There is no auto-refreshing (It works manual - F5, etc.)

Problem 2:
If a guest is posting in the Box, his Nickname didn´t appear

There are no changes from the original (just the 2 lines in the yshout.js to get it work on beta 4)

In the old versions, everything worked fine.

URL to my Forum: http://www.hoertalk.de (German, sorry for my bad english)
Werde zum Hörspielsprecher: Hoerspielprojekt.de
ODER
Besuche das Hörspiel-Forum: Hoertalk.de

[unplugged]

Can you attach your yshout.php?

insanehsp

Yep, here it is :)

But i have changed nothing.

Werde zum Hörspielsprecher: Hoerspielprojekt.de
ODER
Besuche das Hörspiel-Forum: Hoertalk.de

W. Riker

Is it possible to make changes to this mod so when shouted text is going in another line it goes like it is showed with red arrow, and not like it is showed with yellow one?

(btw. it is now nneonneo's shoutbox but i just use this one as an example)

Also... is it possible (like with this shoutbox on image) to enable BBCode and Smiles option?

stanaca

Hie,
I just installed the shoutbox 1.21(compatible with SMF 2.0 Beta 3) on my SMF 2.0 Beta 4.

I am using default theme.
On install actions there was only failed on theme files so i installed without theme modification.

Now, when i try to go to
http://www.stanaca.com/yshout/index.php

It shows the error
Can't find Themes directory -- is ".." the correct path to the forum root?

These are my directories:

QuoteForum URL: http://www.stanaca.com
SMF Directory: /home/content/k/a/s/kashifccc/html
Sources Directory: /home/content/k/a/s/kashifccc/html/forum/Sources
Theme directory (templates): /home/content/k/a/s/kashifccc/html/forum/Themes/default

nneonneo

@insanehsp: Rather obscure problem, but you need to add the line

// Autoscroll? Default is on, but if you have $reverseShouts on, you probably
// want autoscroll off.
var autoScroll=false;

to settings.js. This is because you are apparently using the AdvSB yshout.js with the SB yshout.php.

@W. Riker: It looks like that would be handled with a table or something. However, I think the changes would be pretty heavy, though I will see if there is an easy way to do it.

Smilies can be enabled, but as of yet there is no consistent way to put a BBCode bar into the shoutbox (BBCode is supported though, so you can type [b]text[/b] to get bold text).

@stanaca: Well, ../ is not the path to the forum root, then. It should be ../forum. Open up yshout/index.php and change
$boardurl=".."; // change this to the relative or absolute path to the forum root
to
$boardurl="../forum"; // change this to the relative or absolute path to the forum root
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Nequil

@nneonneo

my problem: I can't write in shoutbox, when I would like write something, text does not show...

smf version: 1.1.6
shoutbox version: 1.21
I using shoutbox in news header: <div id="yshout">Loading shoutbox...</div>

nneonneo

Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Nequil

W. Riker

Quote from: nneonneo on September 21, 2008, 12:20:23 PM

@W. Riker: It looks like that would be handled with a table or something. However, I think the changes would be pretty heavy, though I will see if there is an easy way to do it.

Thanks. I hope you will find the way to make this.

Quote from: nneonneo on September 21, 2008, 12:20:23 PM
Smilies can be enabled, but as of yet there is no consistent way to put a BBCode bar into the shoutbox (BBCode is supported though, so you can type [b]text[/b] to get bold text).

How can I eneble smilies?

[unplugged]

yoeri

hi there,

fore our forum is working fine, but when i clik on a board an error apears see http://www.eeeusers.nl/
how can i fix it?
Regards
Eeeusers.nl Asus Eee pc discussie forum
http://www.eeeusers.nl

dangerboy

how can i expand the box? i want to make the height a little bigger and also how can i change the font to verdana

Advertisement: