nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juniorj23

skipisl

Can anyone help me with this message:
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17619247 bytes) in /var/www/web46/web/newforum/yshout/class.tail.php on line 228"
What should I do to fix history?

goped0freak

Where would I have to put the code to have it show up below my stats on the main page.

www.mustangmodding.com

forodecano

I have installed this shoutbox and auto embed videos mod.

How can i block auto embed videos only from shoutbox ?

Bluben89

Quote from: skipisl on February 17, 2009, 04:04:06 PM
Can anyone help me with this message:
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17619247 bytes) in /var/www/web46/web/newforum/yshout/class.tail.php on line 228"
What should I do to fix history?

you dont have enough memory left. remove unused themes or things not needed

HostDash

the command:

* alex clone

Alot of people are using that command on teh shoutbox to impost as an administrator.

How do i modify this so instead of the name turning red it will be white?

Also

How do I make the /impost command for admin only?
Alot of mods are using it sadly...

PeterFitzenwell

I've been working on this for hours . I have the code as the same as below and still no sound . I dont know what else to do , shout box is working great except for no sound . can someone help me please .

Quote from: nneonneo on August 19, 2007, 03:39:56 PM
Adding sound:
Get SoundManager2 (hxxp:www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/ [nonactive])
Place soundmanager2.js in yshout/js
Place soundmanager2.swf in yshout/
Place the desired sound in yshout/ and change the URL below to match (MUST BE MP3!)

Place the following code after
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?July062008" type="text/javascript"></script>
in index.template.php:
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/soundmanager2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">soundManager.url="',$boardurl,'/yshout/";
soundManager.debugMode = false;
soundManager.consoleOnly = false;
soundManager.onload = function() {
soundManager.createSound({id:"sound", url:"', $boardurl, '/yshout/sound.mp3", autoPlay:false});
}</script>

(if it does not work, you may have an older soundmanager2, try adding "soundmanager2.swf" after soundManager.url="',$boardurl,'/yshout/)

In yshout/js/yshout.js, after
function shoutDone() {
add
$('shouts').innerHTML = this.transport.responseText;
oldShouts = $('shouts').innerHTML;

(that step is optional, but it stops the sound when you shout, and only sounds when others shout)
Replace
var request;
// This gets called each refresh; it reloads the shoutboxes content.

by

function ltrim(text) {
return text.replace(/^\s*/g,'');
}
var request;
// This gets called each refresh; it reloads the shoutboxes content.
var oldShouts = null;
function doRefresh() {
if (oldShouts != null && ltrim(oldShouts) != ltrim($("shouts").innerHTML))
soundManager.play('sound');
oldShouts = $("shouts").innerHTML;

EDIT: Update for newer Soundmanager version (dated Mar 31 2008)
EDIT2: Complete instructions.
EDIT3: Update for new shoutbox versions (1.20+)

indestopable

I recently attempted to install this mod on 2.0 RC1 and am recieving this error:

hxxp:www.oh-wow.org/misc/ajax.jpg [nonactive]

I have no other mods installed, only custom themes, but error appears to be stopping on the default theme.

-SyN-

A question for nneonneo concerning the notification of pots and topic in the shoutbox.

Is there a way to assign a certain member to announce a new post or topic was made?
I wanted to make it look like a forum bot feature.
Similar to the Welcome Mod where you can assign a user to greet new members, instead that user will be the one announcing the new replies and posts in the shoutbox.

I am using SMF 1.1.8 btw and version 1.21 of your shoutbox.

cybergoblin

:( :(  I keep getting this error message when typing in the shoutbox - ""File error (writeLine); aborted"
I have used it on 7 sites and never had a problem, until now, lol, using new smf 2.01RC
My shoutbox is down and have 1400 members, lol, getting kinda hairy in there, lol.
If you could help me out asap, I would be in your debt 4ever.
Mike

toma

Quote from: forodecano on February 18, 2009, 02:30:53 PM
I have installed this shoutbox and auto embed videos mod.

How can i block auto embed videos only from shoutbox ?

I'm having the same issue, the videos don't look too nice in the shoutbox ;-) and you can't even look at them as they start all over again when the shoutbox refreshes...

Any idea would be greatly appreciated

shortchange

How can I make it so /impersonate command only works for admin's?

Thanks

allymcbeal

Hi, can you try my shoutbox?
www.allymcbeal.it/forums

I'd like if it was more bigger, if I can write more word for all the page.
I put an image, I need the word can be writed for all the red line.
Thanks

vyb3

Im having real problems with this mod i've been trying to install this shoutbox for the past 3 hours ive removed it reuploaded it and everything possible ive edited my index.template.php page appropriately too but i don't see this mod anywhere in the admin section apart from on packages installed page... what am i doing wrong ive never had any problems installing mods before....

my site is www.vyb3.co.uk [nofollow] i just don't know whats happening with this, any help is appreciated

Denied`

Pls ..how to input a custom number to make it display # of shouts in that box?..Searched..and nothing.

Arebias

Quote from: Denied` on February 21, 2009, 06:19:26 AM
Pls ..how to input a custom number to make it display # of shouts in that box?..Searched..and nothing.

<your forum directory>/yshout/yshout.php

Look for this line : // Set the maximum amount of lines to be displayed at a time
// After changing this, /clear the shoutbox to make the change
// take effect.
$maxLines=25;

And edit the number of lines to display. Save and upload.

fotografo74

Hi  :)
Thanks for this mod  :)
I have this problem: when i write shout, i have this error:

Warning: fopen(yshout/chats/home.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/macrofor/public_html/smf2rc/yshout/yshout.php on line 699
File error (writeLine); aborted

Help please?
Antonio

allymcbeal

I fixed it.
But now I have another questions.
I asked in the past, but I can't understand how to insert a board around my shout box?

Quote from: nneonneo on July 21, 2008, 12:09:25 PM

@allymcbeal: Something like
<div class="tborder" style="margin-top: 1ex;">
<div class="catbg" style="padding: 5px 5px 5px 10px;">
Shoutbox
</div>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="5" class="bordercolor" style="margin-top: 1px;">
!!SHOUTBOX CODE HERE!!
</table>
</div>

should make it look like one of the categories.

If you just want a simple line around it, you can simply use style="border: 1px white;" or a similar declaration in the yshout div.

I can't do it? Can you help me again?
Thanks.

Gravitysuit

Hi, love the shoutbox.  My members are asking for the ability to edit their shouts though if they mistyped.  How would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance.

Enders

Hello. My shoutbox won't show when wrapped under mkportal.....

Advertisement: