News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Anthony_

Quote from: gothicfires on March 07, 2009, 08:28:42 PM
I've tried installing this on 2.0rc1... both on an updated forum and a forum installed clean. The shout box works for administrators but not for other users.

has anyone else come across this?
You have to change the permissions. You do this just like you would modify membergroup permissions.

dystemper

hey guys, i read about 30 pages back since the search function hasn't given me anything relevant.

i have the latest version installed (simple, not advanced). it installs perfectly. the shoutbox shows up, everything looks good.

but the moment i try to post a shout, nothing happens. it's as if the post button is dead. everyone on my forums experiences the same thing.

the permissions are set. relevant files are chmodded to 755. am i missing something?

Groundhog

@dystemper
Quoteit's as if the post button is dead.

That's like the problem I had. Are you sure that you have set the user permissions for all the relevant groups that will need to shout? It's worth checking again.

dystemper

Quote from: Groundhog on March 07, 2009, 11:29:39 PM
@dystemper
Quoteit's as if the post button is dead.

That's like the problem I had. Are you sure that you have set the user permissions for all the relevant groups that will need to shout? It's worth checking again.

yessir, i even set it so guests can view and post in the shoutbox. i tried it in firefox, ie, and chrome, and still no go. i'm thinking there's a conflict somewhere.

also, changed to the default theme, and the post button still doesn't work.

i'll be clear: i get absolutely ZERO errors on the install. the shoutbox looks normal, nobody can post unfortunately.
the link to my forums if anyone wants to take a look: hxxp:ls.vexed.ca/index.php [nonactive]

edit: i just did a manual install, by hand... same issue. everything looks good until i go to post. permissions are definitely functioning correctly because the shoutbox gets locked when somebody does not have permission to post (but has permission to view).

any known conflicts with other plugins?

******************FIXED*************************

after going through code line by line, manually installing and uninstalling the simple and advanced versions of the plugins, i decided to unload all plugins on my board to find out if there's a conflict.

i found the conflicting plugin: jQLightbox (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1605)

in case you have the same issue as me -- permissions all set, installation seems error-free, and a functional looking shoutbox, but when you go to post, nothing happens -- make sure jQLightbox (version 0.3) is not installed.

biohrd

I have problem with separators. I have changed display mode to reverse and I have somethink like this on picture. What I need to change to have separators like in normal mode?

nneonneo

@biohrd: add something like
#yshout hr {
   display: none;
}
to the CSS block.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Stef001

Quote from: nneonneo on March 07, 2009, 08:36:16 AM
@Normally: What happens if you try to shout?

Nothing happens.
In Forum1 all works.
In Forum2 i see all, but when i want to shout, can type, send, and than nothing happens.

Thanks for all the help.
Stef.
SMF 2.0.2 | SimplePortal 2.3.5

biohrd

Quote from: nneonneo on March 09, 2009, 11:21:17 AM
@biohrd: add something like
#yshout hr {
   display: none;
}
to the CSS block.

I don't want totally disappear this bar. I only want order like in normal mode.

SkyLineR34

how do you change it to where anyone can use the chat box and is there an SSI for this chat box to use it outside of the forums?

ameo

Quote from: SkyLineR34 on March 10, 2009, 12:43:01 PM
how do you change it to where anyone can use the chat box and is there an SSI for this chat box to use it outside of the forums?

see permissions in admin panel. each member group has permissions, whether to only see shoutbox. see and post, see post and moderate. set this for every group at your will and enjoy.

This shoutbox is made for forum purposes only. You can only set it in special forum page, for example, and for that you can use Custom Actions mod.
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

ccvortex

SMF 1.1.8
SB 1.22

SB 'times out' after a certain amount of time; can't tell exactly what it is, but it's in few minutes, and will not refresh. Using the "instant-on" shoutbox code in a theme from Bloc called Azure.
Did the manual install option. I tried using the original 1.16 behavior code, but the SB never loads
when I do. Users have to refresh the entire forum to see changes in SB.

I have the $updateTimeout set at 0, and refreshTime set at 250ms.

Thanks.

JackWise

Hi,

How can I put an initial message in shout ?

Best regards,

JW

UkGangsta

how can i get the smiley bar to work using tp and a php box any help be appreciated thxs

ameo

This is guide for dummies on how to make shoutbox normally display as the part of the forum:

Start with installation normally, but do not add second code.

Second code is this, and should be included in BoardIndex.template of the theme!!!

Put this:

// YSHOUT HERE - shoutbox code

echo '
     <table border="0" width="100%" class="tborder" cellspacing="' , ($context['browser']['is_ie'] || $context['browser']['is_opera6']) ? '1' : '0' , '" cellpadding="4" style="margin-bottom: 2ex;">
         <tr>
             <td class="catbg" style="padding: 5px; vertical-align: middle; text-align: left; ">', $txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp</td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
             <td valign="middle" align="left">
             <div id="yshout">Loading...</div>';

just before this:

// Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)

And if you want border around your shoutbox, all you need to do is to go into style.css
and find .tborder see whats written under that - usually it's
border: 1px solid #000; <- where #000 is black color, and copy-paste to index.template.php
where  #yshout  is, and you're ready to go.

p.s. This however might not work in some themes, which have different way of positioning shoutbox, but in most of themes that will work, and you'll finally have shoutbox styled as the rest of your forum.  :)

:D YAY for my 300.th post  :D
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

Question.

SMF 1.1.8
AdvSB_1.22

hello.

I would like user online in the Shoutbox

hxxp:www.thaiadmin.org/board/index.php?action=chat [nonactive]

thank you.

UkGangsta

i tried that and it doesnt work when i press shout on shout box it redirects me 2 home page this has got me beat , all i want is the smilies bar (sighs)

ccvortex

Quote from: ccvortex on March 10, 2009, 08:09:52 PM
SMF 1.1.8
SB 1.22

SB 'times out' after a certain amount of time; can't tell exactly what it is, but it's in few minutes, and will not refresh. Using the "instant-on" shoutbox code in a theme from Bloc called Azure.
Did the manual install option. I tried using the original 1.16 behavior code, but the SB never loads
when I do. Users have to refresh the entire forum to see changes in SB.

I have the $updateTimeout set at 0, and refreshTime set at 250ms.

Thanks.

Anyone?

nneonneo

@Normally: Do you mind if I just take a look? I'll need the forum address.

@biohrd: OK, it's a slight bug in the current version.

In yshout.php, change
$chatText=preg_replace_callback("/<timeval=(\d+)>/","preg_timeformat",$chatText);
return $chatText;
}

to
$chatText=preg_replace_callback("/<timeval=(\d+)>/","preg_timeformat",$chatText);
return trim($chatText);
}

@SkyLineR34: Another possible solution for SSI is suggested by the yshout/index.php file.

@ccvortex: How long does it take before updates cease? It's possible that a failed update can cause the shoutbox to stop working. You can try this fix:

In moo.ajax.js, change
if (this.transport.readyState == 4 && this.transport.status == 200) {
to
if (this.transport.readyState == 4) {// && this.transport.status == 200) {
Let me know if this fix works.

@JackWise: Can you clarify? What do you mean by an initial message?

@UkGangsta: Try this code (complete set):

echo '
                     <br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div><div class="smalltext" style="padding-left:25px;"><a href="javascript:collapse1.slidedown()">Open Smiley</a> | <a href="javascript:collapse1.slideup()">Close</a>';
                     require('mymod/smiley.php');
                     loadSmileys();
                  echo '
                     <div id="smiley_pic">';
                        printSmileys('shout_form','shout_text');
                  echo '
                     </div>
                     <script type="text/javascript">
                     //Syntax: var uniquevar=new animatedcollapse("DIV_id", animatetime_milisec, enablepersist(true/fase), [initialstate] )
                     var collapse1=new animatedcollapse("smiley_pic", 1000, false)
                     </script>
                  </div>';

in the TP block; you also have to add the script link
<script src="',$boardurl,'/mymod/animatedcollapse.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
somewhere in the <head> of index.template.php.

@ameo: Nice guide. I was wondering if the tags <table> <tr> etc. should be closed or not?

@live.mk: It's possible, but it will not be too accurate since users can sign on and off at any time.

I think the idea is like this: you add an entry to _banlist.php (using this file because it is a dynamic data file) which stores the users online and the last time they did anything. Then, whenever yshout.php is called, you can append or update the user's timestamp, and when the refresh happens, you can tack on this information (removing users who last updated more than X minutes ago and are considered inactive).

Sorry I can't give you any specific code right now; if you know PHP I hope this is enough to make it work.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

DareDevil1990

hey i am using verison1.22 advance shoutbox i want the shoutbox to appear inside a box and want the backgrounf color of the box to be black
hers how it looks like now.....
http://i40.tinypic.com/wbw7io.jpg

i hope you got what i mean :D...please help

Stef001

SMF 2.0.2 | SimplePortal 2.3.5

Advertisement: