News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No Bridge for Joomla 1.5

Started by BarryBarry, January 02, 2007, 06:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

Quote from: joomla on January 22, 2007, 04:00:06 AM
No, in case anyone missed it:

There will be a bridge for Joomla 1.5

All this paranoia and hype is unnecessary.

There MAY be a bridge for Joomla 1.5.  Again, while there seems to be a VIRTUAL solution, it has not yet been tested in reality. I've been busy with other things (mainly RL), and have not been able to get around to it just yet.

Quote from: AmyStephen on January 22, 2007, 12:56:32 PM
The developers are continuing to work on the SMF to Joomla! v 1.5 bridge. Let's have faith in our community and show support for Orstio and the Joomla! developers.

That would be a more accurate statement.  Thanks, Amy.  ;)

M3g4d37h

Wow, I'm away for a few weeks and de poop hits de fans!

There is one thing to bear in mind;  Joomla 1.5 is still a ways away from release..  By time it's released, I feel relatively certain that those with the passion and inclination will make this happen.

I think perhaps some SMF users, who have gotten used to Orstio, Kindred and the rest of the SMF team's down-to-earth attitude are perhaps taken aback a bit, as the a few of the Joomla developers give the appearance at times of being somewhat aloof;  I say this with qualification, as I have not had much interaction with them, but the few questions that I have asked have always been responded to in a timely manner.

This is just MY opinion, and I hope it's not taken as an affront, it's certainly not meant that way.

-- Fred
Conscience is the inner voice which warns us that someone may be looking. -- Henry Louis Mencken

lebisol

I second M3g4d37h's post. Can you say w2k bug histeria?
There should be a thread thanking these guys for the work done so far.
A few developers mentioned have done more than just provide help.
Support they give can put entire organizations to shame...let's not forget they are volunteered developers that run on nothing but on motivation and their own time.

How about just plain old "Thank You for the heads-up"

...not every solution comes in a zip file just because you want it.
Don't get me wrong, personally am I new to community (but not to development that starts with paper...) and don't like the news either because they alter my 'greedy/convinient' ways of developing... but it feels like everyone wants to jump the man somewhere in the drak alley and extort for the solution. Besides, who is to say that solution you paied for will be there tomorrow...therefor  we all need to quiet down just a bit and be thankful for a change. Belive it or not the world will not end.  ;D

Much respect for the time put in guys...and all the best!

elfishtroll

Quote from: lebisol on February 16, 2007, 02:57:46 AM
I second M3g4d37h's post. Can you say w2k bug histeria?
There should be a thread thanking these guys for the work done so far.
A few developers mentioned have done more than just provide help.
Support they give can put entire organizations to shame...let's not forget they are volunteered developers that run on nothing but on motivation and their own time.

How about just plain old "Thank You for the heads-up"

...not every solution comes in a zip file just because you want it.
Don't get me wrong, personally am I new to community (but not to development that starts with paper...) and don't like the news either because they alter my 'greedy/convinient' ways of developing...but it feels like everyone wants to jump the man somewhere in the drak alley and extort for the solution. Besides, who is to say that solution you paied for will be there tomorrow...therefor  we all need to quiet down just a bit and be thankful for a change. Belive it or not the world will not end.  ;D

Much respect for the time put in guys...and all the best!

LOL! where did you get THAT from! :D

in a nutshell: Ortiso got blown off for three months asking for info from the J! people re:integrating the bridge without hacking into the code of both or either module. With no response over 3 MONTHS and tons other stuff to do, he posted the message you read. A lot of people jumped on it and made a lot of noise in both places. The joomla guys then 'rediscovered' Orstio and after a little back and forth (and calmer heads) they restated the problem and they were able to find (after finally working together) that the bridge was possible -under the correct rules of not hacking the code- after all!

Thats the whole story basically :P

Now drink the rest of your warm milk and go back to bed! :)

lebisol

QuoteNow drink the rest of your warm milk and go back to bed
LOL...my child.

Advertisement: