News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Converting from Phorum

Started by kltid, March 06, 2009, 07:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Ok. Is the "xref" table the one that contains information about the person who sent the message?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

hhouwaard

I have look at the content in the tables and it seems to me to be like this:

phorum_pm_messages contains the messages, together with the sender id, (author id and author name). With the message_id you can lookup the rest of the information on the private message in the xref table, where the user_id signifies the receiver. Here read, reply and folder information is kept. So you need a join of these 2 tables to have all needed information to convert to smf.

Hope this helps,

Hans

Oldiesmann

Ok. Should be pretty easy to fix then. Which sql file were you using with convert.php?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

hhouwaard

I tried both the phorumtosmf.sql included with the converter package and the phorumtosmf.sql file included with this thread. Both give errors with wrong table names etc.

Thanks,

Hans

sveneld

Here it is fixed version for converting

hhouwaard

There are a lot of error in the table name for SMF itself in this file. Lots of tables have capitals for names which are lowercase and some have tableField where it should be table_field.

I have tried to correct the sql file for this, I now get this response:
Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Removing polls... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)...Duplicate entry '653-6' for key 'PRIMARY'

sveneld

Quote from: hhouwaard on October 29, 2011, 01:09:29 PM
There are a lot of error in the table name for SMF itself in this file. Lots of tables have capitals for names which are lowercase and some have tableField where it should be table_field.
I haven't receive any error when use this script. I work with clear installed versions of Phorum and SMF, possibly you have made changes in your tables. Or you use it with SMF version 2.0 instance of SMF 1.1.15

Quote from: hhouwaard on October 29, 2011, 01:09:29 PM
I have tried to correct the sql file for this, I now get this response:
Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Removing polls... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)...Duplicate entry '653-6' for key 'PRIMARY'

This error is going from php file convert.php. They tried to recalculate some stats. But you can make this in smf.
After using this script I got all forums, messages and users in SMF.

hhouwaard

I do use Phorum 5.2.15 and SMF 2. So that could explain it. I will go and see if all users and messages indeed made the transfer to SMF. Thanks for the help!

Hans

Wualala

Please upgrade this converter to the last version of phorum!!!  the current version dont works!

Oldiesmann

Wualala, which version of Phorum are you using, and what problems are you experiencing with the current converter?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: