I have two more questions...

Started by Koopler, January 11, 2007, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koopler

1. Is it possible to restrict a certain member from posting on a certain board, but have give all the other members full access to that board?

2. Is it possible to modify the signature settings? Like putting a limit to the max amount of chars, and have scaling on the image sigs?

Thanks

vbgamer45

1.  The user would need to be in there own user group.

2. Check out the signature settings mod

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=528
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Koopler

Wow, that's extremely useful. Thanks.

Koopler

The sig scaling doesn't work with everyone... there's been a few members who've been able to bypass the limits...

H

Quote from: Koopler on January 22, 2007, 07:49:29 AM
The sig scaling doesn't work with everyone... there's been a few members who've been able to bypass the limits...

As you may (or may not :P) have gathered the signature mod is a backport of a feature found in the next version of SMF. What exactly is the user managing to bypass?

If it is the signature image size then there is no real way of bypassing that unless you insist on uploading all the sig images to your own site
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Koopler

I set up the mod so that all sigs over 90 x 500 would be scaled to the appropriate size. However, only a few of the sigs were actually scaled down.

Advertisement: