News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is there a working migration script that works with PHP 8.x and phpBB 3.3.x?

Started by UT99Shade, December 15, 2023, 09:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UT99Shade

Hello :)

I just read about the SMF 3.0 announcement.

Is there working migration script that works with PHP 8.x and can convert a phpBB 3.3.x to SMF 2.1.x ?
Or will there be a working migration for SMF 3.0?

I am operating a phpBB forum with 134k posts,10k topics and 7,5k members and I feel like this might be a good opportunity to switch over, as the phpBB3 development seems to have slowed down over the years.

Regards
Shade

vbgamer45

You have to convert to SMF 2.0.x then upgrade the forum currently.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

UT99Shade

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 15, 2023, 09:47:23 AMYou have to convert to SMF 2.0.x then upgrade the forum currently.

I could only find a converter  from phpBB 3.2 to SMF 2.0.19.
phpBB 3.2 was from 2017 to 2020. Does the converter even support PHP 8 at this point?
If there is no updated converter, I fear I have to pass for now, as I am running phpBB 3.3.11 on PHP 8.2.
Lets hope SMF 3.0 gets some updated converters.

vbgamer45

I believe the convertors should support PHP8 if it throws an error let us know.
I think the phpbb3.2 convertor should support 3.3 I don't think there were major changes in terms of database structure from 3.2 to 3.3
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

UT99Shade

Thank you for the information.
I have to think about it. If I try in a test environment or just wait for SMF 3.0 and an updated conveter.

Advertisement: