News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post blindly.

Started by Shadow, September 12, 2003, 05:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I'd like to see a feature where we can post a topic into a forum, but unless we're allowed to do so we cannot see any of the topics in the forum, or at least not be able to view them.

Shadow
Just do it, go Charter! [Unknown] offered me a spot on the dev team! I swear it!

"Sup foos'! I'm Marshie! Capital M and then arshie! I'm going this way!!!"

eFishie

Cool, so sorta like a suggestions box?
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

Shadow

Just do it, go Charter! [Unknown] offered me a spot on the dev team! I swear it!

[Unknown]

Hmm... I suppose that could be done...

-[Unknown]

Brian Lacy

I generally pride myself on being able to see the good in virtually any idea, but isn't this already served by IMs? If you want to drop a suggestion, for instance, IM the admin?

Then again I suppose it might be a convenience.. for some people that feel queasy about IM'ing the all-powerful admin, a frustration might go unaddressed unless they see that clearly labled "Suggestion Box" board.

OK, I found it. :)

Shadow

This cannot be done by sending an IM no. Because multiple people need to be able to see the messages posted. If one person posts the message, then those who have access to the board should be able to see it and access it right away, and get an e-mail saying someone has posted in that board. I would have about 5 people that would need access to that board, and who needs access could change very quickly.

Brian Lacy

Sounds like it would be accomplished via the permissions system.. basically allowing a user to enter and post in a certain board but not view topics. I wonder how much more work that would take..

[Unknown]

Well, it would be with a permission I decided really would be too hard to implement - view_topics... this is because all permissions have to be positive...

I decided not to dop it, though, because there were too many outlets to viewing the topics... better as a mod...

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: