News:

SMF 2.1.3 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Which groups can see hidden users

Started by cicka, July 13, 2010, 04:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicka

Link to Mod

This is an add on I uploaded it here after seeing the request at this thread

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=387296.0

It will add an extra options for the groups at your forum that can view the hidden users at the online list or not. The new options can be found now at Permissions->Usergroup->Modify. Below General permissions you will see a new permission, View hidden users in the online list. By default it is set to no. Tick the permission box if you want that group to view the the hidden users at the online list.

mirahalo

nice mod ;)

if you accept translations:   good for spanish_es and spanish_latin, utf8 also ;)

$txt['permissionname_view_hidden'] = 'Ver los usuarios ocultos en la lista de usuarios';
$txt['permissionhelp_view_hidden'] = 'Este permiso determina si un grupo especifico puede o no ver a los usuarios ocultos en la lista de usuarios en línea.';

~DS~

Those groups who have moderator power can still see it...


The (Hidden) text is suppose to be there?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Joker™

Nice mod :) . is it possible that admin can be seen online only by global moderator , not even by moderator ?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

cicka

Quote from: 130860 on July 13, 2010, 05:12:04 PM
nice mod ;)

if you accept translations:   good for spanish_es and spanish_latin, utf8 also ;)

$txt['permissionname_view_hidden'] = 'Ver los usuarios ocultos en la lista de usuarios';
$txt['permissionhelp_view_hidden'] = 'Este permiso determina si un grupo especifico puede o no ver a los usuarios ocultos en la lista de usuarios en línea.';


Thank you. I will add it shortly.


cicka

Quote from: Delita Heiral on July 13, 2010, 06:04:43 PM
Those groups who have moderator power can still see it...


The (Hidden) text is suppose to be there?

Can you please tell me what you mean by The (Hidden) text is suppose to be there?

cicka

Quote from: Joker™ on July 14, 2010, 12:41:48 AM
Nice mod :) . is it possible that admin can be seen online only by global moderator , not even by moderator ?

To do it for the global moderators only, you should change the part for the groups, !allowedTo('view_hidden') with this condition in_array(2, $user_info['groups']) and then declare the $user_info variable as global.


Joker™

Quote from: cicka on July 14, 2010, 11:23:44 AM
To do it for the global moderators only, you should change the part for the groups, !allowedTo('view_hidden') with this condition in_array(2, $user_info['groups']) and then declare the $user_info variable as global.

Quote from: cicka on July 14, 2010, 11:23:44 AM
i change the part for the groups, !allowedTo('view_hidden') with this condition !in_array(2, $user_info['groups'])

tried and it made hidden member only visible to global mods.
That code you gave to test will make only global mods to see invisible people.
i want that "Admins in hidden state can only be seen by Global mods" , if possible.

i know sometimes small looking tweaks are big tasks :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

cicka

Quote from: Joker™ on July 14, 2010, 12:49:56 PM
Quote from: cicka on July 14, 2010, 11:23:44 AM
To do it for the global moderators only, you should change the part for the groups, !allowedTo('view_hidden') with this condition in_array(2, $user_info['groups']) and then declare the $user_info variable as global.

Quote from: cicka on July 14, 2010, 11:23:44 AM
i change the part for the groups, !allowedTo('view_hidden') with this condition !in_array(2, $user_info['groups'])

tried and it made hidden member only visible to global mods.
That code you gave to test will make only global mods to see invisible people.
i want that "Admins in hidden state can only be seen by Global mods" , if possible.

i know sometimes small looking tweaks are big tasks :)

Sorry for the late response but somehow I had not seen your post.
To do that use the add on in the original state and give only the global mods the permissions to see the hidden users, including the admins. I have to admit that I am a little confused by your request because that is what the add on does.

Joker™

If i give this permission to everyone then all can see hidden users .

i want to achieve that is,

for admins i want to over rule it, even after having permissions users can't see admin online .Only Global moderators can see them online not even Moderators.

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

cicka

Quote from: Joker™ on July 15, 2010, 11:30:52 PM
If i give this permission to everyone then all can see hidden users .

i want to achieve that is,

for admins i want to over rule it, even after having permissions users can't see admin online .Only Global moderators can see them online not even Moderators.



This will require a total new add on then.

Scoobymaniac

Can this mod be made to work on 1.1.12? Even manually?


Phil

cicka


Scoobymaniac

Quote from: cicka on December 06, 2010, 11:25:01 AM
Yes it can.

Does that mean it will work as is or is there modifying to be done to make it work?

cicka

Quote from: Scoobymaniac on December 09, 2010, 02:14:30 PM
Quote from: cicka on December 06, 2010, 11:25:01 AM
Yes it can.

Does that mean it will work as is or is there modifying to be done to make it work?

I have not used Smf 1 much except to test it a few times. But from what I have seen there are huge changes between the 2 version. You must adapt the changes to reflect the 1 version.

Scoobymaniac

Ah right,

I wouldn't know where to begin with that :-\

Advertisement: