REPUTATION POINTS

Started by nitins60, January 26, 2007, 02:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitins60

Basically, Default KARMA system is not so good! :( I wish, i can have vB REPUTATION POINTS system! It's one of it's kind, you can't deny it! :)

I already find, the basic sources of it n SMF mods! That's SMF SHOP by dani! ;)

If dani/some other can make this new mod from it!
Simply it contains reputation points with color bar! Write comment about the post while giving +ve/-ve points! You must spread some points to other members to get points by other users for your posts! That's really cool feature! ;)

Hopefully, some one can alter SMF SHOP! ;D So credit system will be replaced by Points system and color bar! One button for ADD REPUTATION

Regards,
nitins60.

Saku

nitins60

Sorry i can't understand the language of that forum

Coldfx

Eh, I still wouldn't think an admin would like this.  What if some member mass-abused the karma system?

For the "reason for changing karma" is a mod (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=192, Karma Description), I wouldn't be a fan of trying it out..

small090

That doesn't help, it just adds a karma log to show people who changed the karma and what for.
Hi Everybody!

nitins60

I don't say, all vb things are perfect! But we should have what's perfect! In my view, there is no chance of abusing, as moderators/admin can see comments! If any abuse, they can easily figure it out

Coldfx

I assume you're asking this to be in more of a "Feature request", not mod request.  I'd still disagree, as this just packs on way to much..

For a mod, I still don't know.  The abuse is just as easily capable, considering if you're working with 1000s of users using it.  I wouldn't say "easily", as the comment could be something like "I disagree with what you say", when the victim was answering a tech support question. 

Eitherway, if anything, it could be an add-on for the Shop made..Maybe Daniel commit sometime to it..

nitins60

You can easily prevent abuse, althoug you have more than 1000 users! I already mentioned  in first post "you must spread some reputation, before i give it to you". If A is uploading and B is not uploading/posting anything, he can't repute you! I wish, you must experience it! Hope any mod writer reply!

nitins60

I think, daniel can do it easily! :P

Coldfx

Quote from: nitins60 on January 27, 2007, 10:14:39 AM
You can easily prevent abuse, althoug you have more than 1000 users! I already mentioned  in first post "you must spread some reputation, before i give it to you". If A is uploading and B is not uploading/posting anything, he can't repute you! I wish, you must experience it! Hope any mod writer reply!

So you want permissions for karma now..?  I've used the vB, it works very much similar to the SMF..

nitins60

The points are almost based on permissions! A normal user can't give too less/ too many points! And the sameway for other groups depends on thier rank!

nitins60

nitins60

XMscott

I would also be interested in this feature

Ive seen it on a vBulletin, works well.

nitins60

KGIII

;) Bumping is okay but, take your time. Not that you have exceeded it or bumped too often but these things require some time.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

nitins60

But if some1 takes up this one, i can stop bumping :P
i know, here a mod approval takes more than 1month ;D

KGIII

Mod creation can take even longer. ;)

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

nitins60

But none of the mod authors are replying :'( Dani did all type of things n shop mod. Just small changes  

Enders

Advertisement: