News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] IPB 1.3.x

Started by JayBachatero, January 28, 2007, 02:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Well looking at the actual conversion code for IPB it seems it is actually coming from group 6..

Can you also attach an image from your smf_membergroups table?
I want to see where it might of gone wrong.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Dream of Omnimaga

SleePy

Ok, lets try this attached script..
I bumped the id group it was using, so it should be doing it. Hopefully :|
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Dream of Omnimaga

still the same error, except that it says "Converting permissions...Duplicate entry '15' for key 1" instead of "Converting permissions...Duplicate entry '9' for key 1"

SleePy

At the start of the conversion.
Add ?debug=1
into the url.

And attempt the conversion again, Hopefully if I read the convert.php code right this should put it into a debug mode...

Dream of Omnimaga

SleePy

I am going to have to let jay look at this, I am not sure what is up now..

SleePy

DJ Omnimaga,

Can you try the attached file?
It should hopefully ignore the duplicate errors and help with this.

Dream of Omnimaga

nope, still getting the same error, with ?debug=1 or not :(

SleePy

Ok, Hopefully I got it right this time.
Forgot that php was handling lots of the work instead of straight SQL commands.

Thanks for being so patient with me while we try to get this going :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /homepages/32/d221544684/htdocs/smf/convert.php on line 780
Invision Power Board to SMF Converter
Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll logs... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting permissions... Successful.
Converting board permissions...
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare magicmask() (previously declared in /homepages/32/d221544684/htdocs/smf/convert.php(910) : eval()'d code:41) in /homepages/32/d221544684/htdocs/smf/convert.php(913) : eval()'d code on line 41

SleePy

Well thats good :) We made it past permissions and now are onto board permissions.

I don't know why so many errors are occurring though.. Very odd.

I added a function check around the function so it shouldn't duplicate the function for what ever reason it was :|
Edit, I even took the precaution to make it check the other function we use in there as well :)

Dream of Omnimaga

yeah I hope my database isn't broken :S, I would hate if my forum was impossible to convert and that I had to restart from scratch :S

Now this time things went fine until 2nd page. It said the conversion was paused or something to avoid overloading server (didn't got time to read as the page automatically changed afterward) and then landed on a page saying the following:

QuoteWarning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /homepages/32/d221544684/htdocs/smf/convert.php on line 780

Notice: Undefined index: charsets in /homepages/32/d221544684/htdocs/smf/convert.php on line 378
Invision Power Board to SMF Converter
Converting...
Converting attachments... Successful.
Converting avatars...
Warning: copy(/homepages/32/d221544684/htdocs/uploads/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/CMS_Higgs-event.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/32/d221544684/htdocs/smf/convert.php(1075) : eval()'d code on line 7
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete
Congratulations, the conversion has completed successfully. If you have or had any problems with this converter, or need help using SMF, please feel free to look to us for support.
Please check this box to delete the converter right now for security reasons. (doesn't work on all servers.)

Now that everything is converted over, your SMF installation should have all the posts, boards, and members from the Invision Power Board installation.

We hope you had a smooth transition!

As for now, all attachments seems to be there, only problem is that they won't show up for guests x.x

Aside from that things seems fine. I have no idea why the other SQL errors occured though

SleePy

I don't have a good idea either, It would be something I need to dig into though I guess.

Go to Admin -> Permissions
Click Guests
And then down on the right click the box to allow guests to view attachments.

Dream of Omnimaga

ok, now another problem is that auto-login doesn't work :(

Everytime I visit the board I have to login again, even if I set a time to stay logged in. With IPB I didn't had this problem. Idk if it's related to a conversion problem or the server

SleePy

Sometimes that means the cookie is corrupted.

You can try changing your cookie name in Admin -> Server Settings to something else.
Sometimes it also happens because of database driven sessions (either on or off) which can be enabled in the Feature configuration tab in that same section.

MaNaRa

hi, im spanish and would change my smf to IPB, but i don't make it, would you care to explain to me a bit like one makes?  I don't understand English very well, sorry im spanish
mi versión de foro es SMF 2.0

MaNaRa

SleePy

What doesn't make it?

Do you get any errors?

MaNaRa

im upload the .sql and the convert.php to my ftp but appear this message: Unable to find the settings for Invision Power Board 1.3. Please double check the path and try again.

Advertisement: