News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

Who says Google doesn't like redirections? They're perfectly fine.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

DareDevil1990

yes i chked the error log theres no error there. i have also asked the mod author for help.lets see

Dannii

https://translations.launchpad.net/prettyurls/trunk/+translations

I've put up (some of) the translation strings, so if you want to help translate your language, it's now a lot easier! Just register on Launchpad, pick which languages you know, and get to it!

Anyone can translate for any language, though I'd especially appreciate it if the popular languages get translated. There seem to be a lot of Turkish users, so that would be a priority. :)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Dannii

0.9.2 is now out! Now with pretty EMAIL urls!

ken123

Hi, Dannii,

What is the proper way to upgrade from 0.9.0 to the current 0.9.2? I am using SMF 1.1.8.
Do I uninstall the old one and install the new one?

Thanks.
Prosper Forums - Discussion on Prosper P2P Loans and Investing.
HYIP Daily Blog - a must read for HYIP (High Yield Investment Programs) investors.
Momentum Stocks

pastramirye

Hello all,

Need a bit of help here.

SMF 1.1.8

Sitemap 1.2.2
Prettyurls 0.9.2

I did a clean manual test forum installation - http://www.thebestsandwichintheworld.com/testforum/ to check these mods.
Sitemap installation - No issues.
Prettyurl installation - I get my custom 404 on all links. Essentially I'm locked out.
I particularly like these mods - How can I get them to "play nice ?"
Checked repair_settings - No issues.

Any ideas ?

Regards.

Dannii

Quote from: ken123 on March 25, 2009, 04:33:02 PM
Hi, Dannii,

What is the proper way to upgrade from 0.9.0 to the current 0.9.2? I am using SMF 1.1.8.
Do I uninstall the old one and install the new one?

Thanks.
Yes.

Quote from: pastramirye on March 25, 2009, 05:03:59 PM
Hello all,

Need a bit of help here.

SMF 1.1.8

Sitemap 1.2.2
Prettyurls 0.9.2

I did a clean manual test forum installation - http://www.thebestsandwichintheworld.com/testforum/ to check these mods.
Sitemap installation - No issues.
Prettyurl installation - I get my custom 404 on all links. Essentially I'm locked out.
I particularly like these mods - How can I get them to "play nice ?"
Checked repair_settings - No issues.

Any ideas ?

Regards.
Are you sure your server supports this mod_rewrite and .htaccess? And follow the first section on the trouble shooting page to disable it!

pastramirye

Quote from: Dannii on March 25, 2009, 10:07:35 PM
Are you sure your server supports this mod_rewrite and .htaccess? And follow the first section on the trouble shooting page to disable it!

Hello Dannii,

Thanks for the response.
Disabled and have access.
See attached.
In addition I created a subdirectory "rewrite_test" and placed the following .htaccess inside

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

Then I browsed to it - http://www.thebestsandwichintheworld.com/testforum/rewrite_test/ - No warnings.

The general gist of the log errors -

1. Multiple errors - Undefined index: pretty_enable_filters

2. fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
    fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
   fopen(/home/thebest/public_html/testforum/.htaccess) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]:  failed to open stream: Permission denied

With regards to the latter errors I'm guessing CHMOD on some of the files here ?

Regards.

Dannii

Check if there's already a .htaccess file and chmod it to 777.

pastramirye

Dannii,

QuoteCheck if there's already a .htaccess file and chmod it to 777.
Copy that !
Current .htaccess looks like this - RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ /forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml
As per sitemap requirement.
It was CHMOD'd to 644 !
Before I start tinkering with pretty settings should I be running the maintenance option and limiting the number of pretty checkbox options ?
Regards.

pastramirye

Dannii,
Beezer ! That's done the trick.

No problem from accessing it on the front end with the sitemap links.

Scratch that !
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ /forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml

Should be - RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ /testforum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml

Thanks for your time on this.

Regards.

Dannii

Edit Subs-PrettyUrls and add it to the string at    //   Build the new .htaccess file
Then run maintenance.

pastramirye

Quote from: Dannii on March 26, 2009, 06:46:23 AM
Edit Subs-PrettyUrls and add it to the string at    //   Build the new .htaccess file
Then run maintenance.

Dannii,

I get your drift there. That's good to know for future reference.
I just added it manually. Case closed. *grinning inanely*
I cannot believe all of these issues simply arose from a straight chmod.
I assumed that .htaccess would at least default to 744.

Cheers.

Dannii

:)

Though even adding extra rules manually is too much to ask, so hopefully soon I'll make it smarter so it won't overwrite custom .htaccess rules!

pastramirye

Quote from: Dannii on March 26, 2009, 07:15:47 AM
....so hopefully soon I'll make it smarter....

Dannii,

Hmm! I already think it's really quite smart.
Now if you could just code it to make me a several cups of coffee.... *wry smile*
Seriously It's a great mod and I look forward to seeing your future dev. work.
Just off to apply this manually to Down*'s excellent Cream Red theme - http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=795

Later.
Cheers.

ankur0101

Hi friends
I had a forum with .co.cc extension
Now I have transferred it to .com

I have changes  settings in Settings.php file

But Pretty URLs are not working, they are still pointing at old extension (.co.cc)
Especially in case of Topics and BOards.

What I have to do to change it ?

Dannii

ankur0101

thanks for that
I tried hard but there is no sign of success :(

I have attached my SSI.php file

SlammedDime

ankur - I merged your topic with the Pretty URL's topic.  Please try to keep support requests for mods in their appropriate topics.  Thanks. :)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Neverhurry

Quote from: Dannii on January 31, 2007, 09:58:27 PM
To install:
  • Download and install the base package from the mod site.
  • Using FTP, rename example.htaccess to .htaccess
  • Download the extension-none (and the TP-ext-none if you use TinyPortal) package from the Package List, or just from the site directly, and then install them.

Please note that this mod is still in beta testing (by you!), so there could be problems. I've been using it my live site for a few months though, and haven't had any serious issues.
Hello Dannii,

where can i find the extension-none package? where is the Package List? I tried very hard i didn't find. I love this mod, and want to use it very much. Thank you for your time.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Advertisement: