News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirNemanjapro

How can I change the url output? For example, there was an error, instead /this-link/ there is /httpsvbaljgakjakhga/ ?

I want to manually change it to be correct.
None of the above applies.

diamondred123

i want to go to RC3 but there are no good themes, i want one like goldmoon

if anyone knows of on then please message me
Learner but knows a little

atfosan

Is it correct when I have all links wrote in html <a href="/"> as "http://example.com//" instead of "http://example.com/" ?
How can I change that if it is possible?
my SMF project - school site: forum with PortaMx and SimpleSEF mods

vbgamer45

I generally don't touch other mods not enough time.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

atfosan

I have solved my problem http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.msg2539608#msg2539608 by patching PrettyUrls-Filters.php
And now I have a question: is there really need in slash (/) in string number 146 (file PrettyUrls-Filters.php)? I delete it and my site works good as I want.
my SMF project - school site: forum with PortaMx and SimpleSEF mods

Andy1122

Quote from: Daydreamer on March 11, 2010, 11:44:12 PM
Truncate the smf_pretty_topic_urls (or something like that) table in DataBase. (What is phpMyAdmin?)

Everything is fine now. Did as you said, truncated the smf_pretty_topic_urls table in the phpMyAdmin. Ran maintenance again .... and the right urls shows for each post.

thks Daydreamer for your support.

Miasma

Quote from: Miasma on February 25, 2010, 05:33:40 PM
Hi. I'm using PrettyUrls and Simpleportal mods.
This is how my addresses look like:
exmple.com/  - portal
example.com/forum/  - forum
example.com/boardname/  - board

This is so not search engine friendly i believe, so i'm wondering how could i make it so that the board address would be "example.com/forum/boardname"

Could it be possible with some simple htaccess edit? Can anyone help?

help?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

coolfx350

hi, I installed the pretty url mod a while ago and it's been great.

all of the sudden, my website is just blank today, nothing shown.

I check out the log file. Here's what it says

[21-Mar-2010 07:54:59] PHP Fatal error:  ob_start() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /home/public_html/gigs/Sources/Subs.php on line 2681

so i disabled the Pretty URL mod, it started to work again, can someone help me please? thanks.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

coolfx350

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 21, 2010, 02:06:29 PM
Looks like a compression issue accoring to my google search
http://codeigniter.com/forums/viewthread/84317/

Thanks for researching this for me.  However, I cannot find any file named config.php, nor compression_output field inside php.ini.  any instructions would be great. thanks again.

vbgamer45

I don't know much else other than the google search.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

coolfx350

Carlos Gandra

SMF version: 1.1.11
Pretty-urls version: 1.0RC

Hello,

I have 1 user that can't access is Inbox, showing a blank page, and in error log i have:

http://..../index.php?pretty;action=pm

Illegal mix of collations for operation ' IN '
File: /home/***/public_html/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
Line: 54

Database tables are UTF-8 already. As far as i know, all of the other users can access their inbox without problems...

Any help is appreciated :)
Carlos Gandra
Mundo dos Animais

vbgamer45

Check that all the database tables for your forum have the same collation they should be the same type.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Carlos Gandra

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 23, 2010, 03:13:02 PM
Check that all the database tables for your forum have the same collation they should be the same type.

Thanks for you answer.

Every table is at utf8_general_ci, checked and rechecked :) and that particular user still can't access is inbox. He can send pm's, he can open the outbox, but not inbox. Weird...
Carlos Gandra
Mundo dos Animais

Leemy

I have 1 forum under /forum and one forum under /testforum... i did this mod on testforum but the rewritten URLs are pointing to /forum!  I've checkd repair_settings.php and all is in order. What do you suspect is causing this?

MarcusJ

Quote from: Leemy on March 24, 2010, 12:49:18 AM
I have 1 forum under /forum and one forum under /testforum... i did this mod on testforum but the rewritten URLs are pointing to /forum!  I've checkd repair_settings.php and all is in order. What do you suspect is causing this?

In the test forum database for 'smf_settings' find the row called 'pretty_root_url'.  I had to change this manually after moving from one domain to another.

Good luck.

Advertisement: