News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirNemanjapro

How can I change the url output? For example, there was an error, instead /this-link/ there is /httpsvbaljgakjakhga/ ?

I want to manually change it to be correct.
None of the above applies.

diamondred123

i want to go to RC3 but there are no good themes, i want one like goldmoon

if anyone knows of on then please message me
Learner but knows a little

atfosan

Is it correct when I have all links wrote in html <a href="/"> as "http://example.com//" instead of "http://example.com/" ?
How can I change that if it is possible?
my SMF project - school site: forum with PortaMx and SimpleSEF mods

vbgamer45

I generally don't touch other mods not enough time.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

atfosan

I have solved my problem http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.msg2539608#msg2539608 by patching PrettyUrls-Filters.php
And now I have a question: is there really need in slash (/) in string number 146 (file PrettyUrls-Filters.php)? I delete it and my site works good as I want.
my SMF project - school site: forum with PortaMx and SimpleSEF mods

Andy1122

Quote from: Daydreamer on March 11, 2010, 11:44:12 PM
Truncate the smf_pretty_topic_urls (or something like that) table in DataBase. (What is phpMyAdmin?)

Everything is fine now. Did as you said, truncated the smf_pretty_topic_urls table in the phpMyAdmin. Ran maintenance again .... and the right urls shows for each post.

thks Daydreamer for your support.

Miasma

Quote from: Miasma on February 25, 2010, 05:33:40 PM
Hi. I'm using PrettyUrls and Simpleportal mods.
This is how my addresses look like:
exmple.com/  - portal
example.com/forum/  - forum
example.com/boardname/  - board

This is so not search engine friendly i believe, so i'm wondering how could i make it so that the board address would be "example.com/forum/boardname"

Could it be possible with some simple htaccess edit? Can anyone help?

help?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

coolfx350

hi, I installed the pretty url mod a while ago and it's been great.

all of the sudden, my website is just blank today, nothing shown.

I check out the log file. Here's what it says

[21-Mar-2010 07:54:59] PHP Fatal error:  ob_start() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /home/public_html/gigs/Sources/Subs.php on line 2681

so i disabled the Pretty URL mod, it started to work again, can someone help me please? thanks.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

coolfx350

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 21, 2010, 02:06:29 PM
Looks like a compression issue accoring to my google search
http://codeigniter.com/forums/viewthread/84317/

Thanks for researching this for me.  However, I cannot find any file named config.php, nor compression_output field inside php.ini.  any instructions would be great. thanks again.

vbgamer45

I don't know much else other than the google search.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

coolfx350

Carlos Gandra

SMF version: 1.1.11
Pretty-urls version: 1.0RC

Hello,

I have 1 user that can't access is Inbox, showing a blank page, and in error log i have:

http://..../index.php?pretty;action=pm

Illegal mix of collations for operation ' IN '
File: /home/***/public_html/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
Line: 54

Database tables are UTF-8 already. As far as i know, all of the other users can access their inbox without problems...

Any help is appreciated :)
Carlos Gandra
Mundo dos Animais

vbgamer45

Check that all the database tables for your forum have the same collation they should be the same type.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Carlos Gandra

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 23, 2010, 03:13:02 PM
Check that all the database tables for your forum have the same collation they should be the same type.

Thanks for you answer.

Every table is at utf8_general_ci, checked and rechecked :) and that particular user still can't access is inbox. He can send pm's, he can open the outbox, but not inbox. Weird...
Carlos Gandra
Mundo dos Animais

Leemy

I have 1 forum under /forum and one forum under /testforum... i did this mod on testforum but the rewritten URLs are pointing to /forum!  I've checkd repair_settings.php and all is in order. What do you suspect is causing this?

MarcusJ

Quote from: Leemy on March 24, 2010, 12:49:18 AM
I have 1 forum under /forum and one forum under /testforum... i did this mod on testforum but the rewritten URLs are pointing to /forum!  I've checkd repair_settings.php and all is in order. What do you suspect is causing this?

In the test forum database for 'smf_settings' find the row called 'pretty_root_url'.  I had to change this manually after moving from one domain to another.

Good luck.

Advertisement: