News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dummyinternetadres

Hello all,

i have a SMF 2.0RC3 with Pretty URL's 1.0RC.
I had a topic called "Gitaarles, Gieten" which resulted in the nice url hxxp:muzieklerenspelen.nl/muziekles-in-drenthe/gitaarles-gieten/ [nonactive]

I accidentally deleted this topic.

When i now want to re-create this topic (using a different registered user) the new url gets a sequential number added at the end.
It looks like this: hxxp:muzieklerenspelen.nl/muziekles-in-drenthe/gitaarles-gieten [nonactive]-322/

How can i re-create the original url name without the number at the end?

vbgamer45

You can't easily since it is already been cached the old version.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

dummyinternetadres

ok. I understand that it is not easy  :-[
But i still like to try!  8)
I can download and upload the SQL database with phpMyAdmin.

I have read on the hxxp:code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/DatabaseChanges [nonactive] page that i need to manually edit SQL table smf_pretty_topic_urls and/or smf_pretty_urls_cache.

Is this correct?
If so, what do i need to change to recreate the original nice url: hxxp:muzieklerenspelen.nl/muziekles-in-drenthe/gitaarles-gieten/ [nonactive]

Scapelord00

I have a problem with this mod. The install was OK, but when i create a new message on the forum and click "send" it gives me an error and does not return to the message so that i can see it. This also happens when i try to delete a message. It works, but it throws an error and i have to click on the "backwards" arrow to get to the main category....

My web is http://peruzone.isgreat.org [nofollow]

I have created a demo account so that u can help me

User: Prueba
Pass:Prueba

chifliiiii

I have installed a new smf in http://nautiic.com/forums [nofollow] and the only plugin i have is the latest of Pretty URls

I get a
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

When i post /reply /delete

I did all my tests on http://nautiic.com/forums/general-discussion/welcome-to-nautiic-forums/ [nofollow]

Cant find the solution and i´ve seen some other users with same problem in the google issues page

Any help¿
www.foro-ayuda.com [nofollow]

Scapelord00

Quote from: chifliiiii on January 10, 2011, 08:55:47 AM
I have installed a new smf in http://nautiic.com/forums [nofollow] and the only plugin i have is the latest of Pretty URls

I get a
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

When i post /reply /delete

I did all my tests on http://nautiic.com/forums/general-discussion/welcome-to-nautiic-forums/ [nofollow]

Cant find the solution and i´ve seen some other users with same problem in the google issues page

Any help¿

I have the same problen. You explained better  :)

agent51

Hi all,

I have SMF 2.0 RC4 installed. I installed PrettyURL latest version and all but one link (that I found so far) didnt work correctly.
The forum "more stats" links me to my host CP.
Anyone had this happen? Is there a fix? Or if I have to fix manual, how?

Thanks

glennk

Is there any chance you could answer my question on why the reverter isnt working for my forum please.

Leemy

I need help asap please.

I was running your 1.0RC3 on my SMF2.0RC3, and now upgraded to SMF2.0RC4. I installed your latest software, and for the most part it works. However, If someone goes to the original numeric address

example:
/index.php?board=1.0

Instead of being redirected to

/main-discussion/

They are being told by the browser there is an infinite redirect loop.  Do you know where this would be resolved, in which htaccess file or how to resolve this?

This is especially problematic b/c when you post, SMF returns you to the board. Andthat hits the infinite redirect!!!

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Leemy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 14, 2011, 10:57:40 AM
Try disabling queryless urls

Fixed! That was simple. Thanks. What does that change, exactly? Does that change SEO-friendliness?

vbgamer45

No doesn't matter since you are using pretty urls

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jue

I've just had this brought to my attention.

When a member does the "Forgotten password" option, they are sent an email - Fine. They click the link in the email and...

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred! You are not allowed to access this section

The link they are told to click is http://website.co.uk/reminder/?sa=setpassword

Any idea's why they don't have permission to view that page? I just tried whilst logged in as an admin - Same message for me.

Arantor

I'll make this a little easier for vbgamer though I have no idea why I should.

The core reason is that the rewrite is stripping out the information that's needed to make the rest of the link, a forgotten password link includes a validate value and user id as part of the URL but the rewrite removes both.

Since neither item of information is available, the option to issue a reminder isn't available and so there isn't permission to access it.

vbgamer45

Jue
For now under Pretty Urls Settings add reminder to the skip actions list to fix that url
Personally I am not a fan of rewriting all actions since they do break certain parts of the software and just stick topics/boards.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jue

Where it says:

Enable URL rewriting
Skip Actions List:

In the box I put ?sa=setpassword

Correct?

Arantor

No, you add 'reminder' to that box so it doesn't rewrite action=reminder into /reminder/

Jue

vbgamer45

Did you get a new link/email sent? The new link should work as long as it is not rewritten.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: