News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Have pretty urls code first then add that other code after it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

eyo

had pretty url installed , then had to temp moved domains and back again, now my forums get redirected to my old domain each time i click it. when i uninstall pretty urls everything is fine, any way to fix this? (ii used reinstall_settings.php when i changed domains)

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

milicik

Hello. 3 days ago my site is just showing blank page. I dont know what to do. I tried all http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting and still is blank page.

What to do?

pretty_enable_filters - 0
queryless_urls- 0

ben sisko

Quote from: pawan2002 on January 19, 2011, 01:56:10 PM
Sorry to disturb but when i am quote, Modifying or even posting any answer , i am getting the error.

Please see the attach file.
unistall Pretty urls, use also Pretty URLs Reverter.
now you'll find the queriless urls option on top of 'Meta keywords associated with forum'. uncheck it. empty the cache.
now uninstall Pretty URLs Reverter and install Pretty urls again.
this should solve your problem. it solved mine.

still, this mod's problem remains. vbgamer45 will have to change code so that it doesn't remove the SMF queriless urls option from the admin panel.

vbgamer45

The option was removed to prevent people from enabling which would break the mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pawan

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 27, 2011, 01:48:48 PM
The option was removed to prevent people from enabling which would break the mod.
But what if it is already Enable. I have installed that manually all my hard work goes in vein.
What i should do now.

And at the Start you were saying that the Option is there only   :-[

samurai-lupin

I am currently having Seo 4 SMF installed. I plan on de-installing it and using Pretty URLS instead.

Will the built in Seo 4 SMF Filter allow me to keep my previous Google ranked URL? I am afraid that I would loose my linked topics on Google.

Thanks!

vbgamer45

It will do a 301 redirect and it is a separate download from the pretty urls site to setup

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PatrickForum

@vbgamer45

I want to point the "/index.php" of my forum to the "/" of my forum with a piece of 301-re-direct code.
But when I put this piece of 301 code in my .htaccess file and upload it, pretty urls doesn't work anymore and I can't login anymore when that happens!
The pretty-urls links are broken then. How can I combine the 301-redirect in the .htaccess file and pretty-url so that both of them work?

Thanks.

PS: I want to use a redirect 301 on /index.php to the / , because Google doesn't show the correct URL in the SERPS (for SEO)

reefforum

it works but when you click on a few buttons this is what i get:

Safari can't open the page.
Too many redirects occurred trying to open "http://reefcollege.com/index.php/topic,130.0.html". This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

vbgamer45

You must disable queryless urls in order to fix that issue.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

reefforum

K i fixed it.  before you install pretty url's you should go to admin>features and options> UNcheck search engine friendly urls.

the pretty urls mod removed that check box so you cannot turn it off and it interferes with your forum!

Pawan

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 29, 2011, 09:19:32 PM
You must disable queryless urls in order to fix that issue.

I have installed Pretty URL Manually so if i remove it, i will require a lot of time. Can you please tell me some other way.

Arantor

Why has no-one noticed that repair_settings.php should be able to fix this?

Or even done a search on this forum to find the answer?

Pawan

Quote from: Arantor on January 30, 2011, 07:17:31 AM
Why has no-one noticed that repair_settings.php should be able to fix this?

Or even done a search on this forum to find the answer?
Hmm. Let Me check .

Pawan

Yes i have Unchecked the querry less URL but Now even Pretty URL showing the same result of Not redirecting .
I checked this in Maintenance mode.

vbgamer45

Quote from: reefforum on January 29, 2011, 10:59:22 PM
K i fixed it.  before you install pretty url's you should go to admin>features and options> UNcheck search engine friendly urls.

the pretty urls mod removed that check box so you cannot turn it off and it interferes with your forum!
The mod when enabling pretty urls will set queryless urls to off if you have 1.0 RC5 installed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: