News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMFHacks.com Team

Update

Pretty URLs 2.0
!No longer store verificationcode action saving database space
!Fixed no longer stores non board urls

I have also released Pretty URLS Seo Pro at https://www.smfhacks.com/prettyurls-seo-pro.php which adds extra SEO options and more editing control over key files.

Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

vbgamer45

Minor update
2.0.1 fixed handling of forum action rewrite for TinyPortal
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Torngate

Hello,

This may have been answered before but I can't really find it.

Let's say I have a website (website.web/forum/index.php), how does PrettyURLs accomidate this to not direct to website.web/page, which would break the setup?

I'm sorry if I'm not being very clear, I hope someone can translate better.

Cheers!
Site Administrator- Shadow Fleet Star Trek RPG

vbgamer45

It uses mod_rewrite with .htaccess rules to chagne the actions, board  urls and topics urls.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Torngate

So with that, would it know to write the new .htaccess rules to the /forum section instead of the top-level .web side?
Site Administrator- Shadow Fleet Star Trek RPG

vbgamer45

Pretty urls should just affect the forum area by default.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Gryzor

Indeed, that's how I do it too, it's pretty straightforward.

srafie

hi, i have big issues with Pretty URLs (V 1.16) that causes me error503 and can't uninstall it with the file fix.packages.php. Please can you tell me how to uninstall it manually.

Thnks

Gryzor

Just take a look at the steps that fail through SMF and do them manually.

Also, as a matter of urgency, you can probably edit .htaccess to reverse its effects?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

CrimeS

Some users on polish support are reporting that polish letter such as "ą" "ę" "ń" are translated as /f05 etc. Any fix to make them just equivalent of english letters in link? ą => a

vbgamer45

It can be done if you modify one of the files there is  file that handles the character mapping

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mattizzy

Hi I want to make changes to the URL, I modified the pretty URL to
site.com/123/how-to-run

i.e url/topicid/prettyurl

When I apply the setting and it redirects me to the test page, the URL works but when I enable URL rewrites, it does not work but shows URL redirected too many times. Please help
I am only an SMF Addict. I think I took overdose.

vbgamer45

I don't believe that is supported unless you make a lot of changes to the code

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mattizzy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 04, 2018, 08:22:37 AM
I don't believe that is supported unless you make a lot of changes to the code

Can you tell me the Secret in URL REWRITING??

LIKE HOW DO YOU MANGE TO REPLACE ALL THE URL WITH SITE.COM/BOARD/HOW-TO-RUN

IF YOU CAN TELL ME THIS, I CAN CREATE AN HTACCESS FOR MY SITE AND MANUALLY GIVE THE POSTS THE CONTENT IN SITE.COM/INDEX.PHP?topic=topicId

vbgamer45

Depends. I normally use id's in my urls on my sites to keep rewriting easier. Otherwise you need to keep a database of the slugs to do the rewriting.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mattizzy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 04, 2018, 01:53:00 PM
Depends. I normally use id's in my urls on my sites to keep rewriting easier. Otherwise you need to keep a database of the slugs to do the rewriting.

I am only trying to make changes to the topic filter. can you tell me where to edit to change the board name that attaches itself to the topic URL.
e.g site.com/general-discussion/welcome-to-smf

how can I replace the general-discussion with what ever I wand and make the URL valid. I don't care how much code I need to edit.

Note: I'm moving to SMF and my Old forum URL uses that, that's why I want to do this

jordi

When trying to install the MOD Pretty URLs, I find the following error:

-------------------
Error in the Database

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
Archivo: /home/wbarzgfe/public_html/Packages/temp/SMF2-0/install.php
Línea: 39
--------------

I am using the hosting service banahosting, it is a virgin installation, it has the default theme and the latest version of smf.

vbgamer45

Not sure the cause of that...did you have it installed before the mod?
That line is just to create the table. And the key length would only be 255 bytes

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dwev

Quote from: mattizzy on September 04, 2018, 03:18:28 PM
I am only trying to make changes to the topic filter. can you tell me where to edit to change the board name that attaches itself to the topic URL.
e.g site.com/general-discussion/welcome-to-smf

As far as I know you can do this in Admin > Forum > Boards > Edit Boards (I hope I got this right, our forum isn't in English).

Here you should be able to see the list of all of your boards, with to the right the options permissions, move, edit and Pretty URLs.

Advertisement: