News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saosangmo

hi eldʌkaː,
I'm using the lastest version of Pretty URL but my users can't access my forum via their mobiles.

http://huongtinhyeu.net/hty/index.php?wap2 >> work well
but http://huongtinhyeu.net/hty/lam-quen-t-gii-thiu/0/;wap2 doesn't work

plz help me, thanks

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

saosangmo

Yes, URL always ends with "/;wap2" when I click on one of my boxes

Dannii

Okay, yep I can see thats a serious problem. I'll have a look into it.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

glennk

Hi Eldacka,

How do I go about finding a board number for a new board I put on the forum.

I am using the cbi mod which adds pictures at the sides of each board on the board index page. But this mod to work relies on me knowing the board numbers to be able to upload a file with the picture in.

How can I find the number of my new board ?

Col

Hi Glennk,

What I do is go into the admin area, select Boards, and click Modify for the board I'm interested. The URL will contain the ID for that board. ;)

Dannii

Yep the board ID will be at the end of the modify link.

glennk

Thanks guys.

Another small problem today.

When adding a child board the forum screwed up (not sure why) and I managed to loose the parent board of all the child boards. I managed to salvage the parent board into slavged topics board. SO I renamed the salvaged topics board and put it back where it was.

Now all the child boards display but the parent board says its redirecting in a way that wont resolve and I notice it hasnt taken on the pretty url but is instead displaying the board nume number

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/36/0/

Dannii

Hmm, anything in the error log?

glennk

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I solved it by making a new board and moving all the child boards into there. The urls of the child boards remain the same anyway so no worries. All is fine now.

Dannii

Quote from: saosangmo on August 21, 2007, 11:48:27 AMI'm using the lastest version of Pretty URL but my users can't access my forum via their mobiles.

http://huongtinhyeu.net/hty/index.php?wap2 >> work well
but http://huongtinhyeu.net/hty/lam-quen-t-gii-thiu/0/;wap2 doesn't work

plz help me, thanks
I can't actually reproduce this on my forums. Do you have any other mods?

Good to hear it glenn :)

saosangmo

There are many mods on my forum, sry

1.     vMoveTopic Notify by PM      0.90       [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    SMF Shoutbox    1.16    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Enhanced Quick Reply Box 2.0    2.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    New Topic Button    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Tagging System    1.0.1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Reason For Editing Mod    1.14    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Bookmarks    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    FontandSizeDropdown1.1    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    View Single Post    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Recent posts user preference    2.1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Users Online Today Mod    1.4.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Referrals Mod    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    New RSS Button Per Board    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Admin Notepad    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    Member Color Link    2.0.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    Signature Settings Mod    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    Googlebot & Spiders Mod    2.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.    SMFShop    2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.    Single Category    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.    Image Align Tag    0.2    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21.    Custom Edit Times    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22.    SMF Ajax Registration Feedback    1.0.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23.    Trim Url    1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24.    Simple ImageShack    2.0.3    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
25.    SSI Latest Members    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
26.    Pretty URLs - Base    0.7    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
27.    BBCode Bar For Signature    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
28.    PM On Registration    1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
29.    Karma Description Mod    2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Dannii

I can't see anything there that would cause problems. I can only suggest to reinstall the mod. If you are still having problems after I release 0.8, I'll have another look at it.

Actually, can you temporarily switch off the mod (through the setting in Features and Options) and copy some of the URLs used by wap?
I just had a thought though, do you actually want the pretty URLs when using WAP? They'll probably be longer - slower and more costly to download and use on a phone. Should I disable them for the wireless modes?

saosangmo

thank eldʌkaː,
I have uninstalled Pretty_URL mod, I think it may cause some errors in search function with non-latin characters.
I'm testing for this error.

Col

saosangmo,

<off topic>
  I really like your forum template. Did you design it yourself?
</off topic>

Dannii

Does anyone get traffic from Google Mobile Search? I think that just removing the pretty URLs in wireless mode would be best.

Also, is anyone interested in helping develop and program stuff for this mod?

Kevin Paquet

I have just nstalled this mode. it seems to work fine.. but, something is kind annoying
mysite.com/category/topic/o/
does that in bold has to be?

glennk

Would help out any way I could Eldacar but I know naff all about programming. I have come back to ask you to reconsider something. I am getting more and more listings in google for the 2nd and 3rd pages of a topic. Unfortunately by this point the people in my forum are invariably off topic and the reader doesnt get what the topic was about, doesnt realise they landed on page 3 and probably bounces straight back off the site. Wouldnt it not be best for all pages to redirect into page 1 so a visitor who is new to the forum can read the topics first post and see if it is of interest to them. They are far more likely to stay and read more if they read the first post rather than the 31st, I find no value in listing seperate topic pages.  :) :)

eg :

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=bempton+bird+ash+fishing&btnG=Search&meta=

I have number 1 spot but its page 3 of the topic and the bounce rate will be around 100 percent.

L.G.S

If I install this mod, will it have the same links as SEO4SMF? I ask because my site links to a lot of stuff on the forums so if I cannot replicate the exact link then I won't be able to use this mod...
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Dannii

Quote from: Pasaway on August 31, 2007, 12:24:27 PMI have just nstalled this mode. it seems to work fine.. but, something is kind annoying
mysite.com/category/topic/o/
does that in bold has to be?
That's the page number, and it's needed (just like in normal URLs).

Quote from: glennk on August 31, 2007, 04:46:06 PMWould help out any way I could Eldacar but I know naff all about programming. I have come back to ask you to reconsider something. I am getting more and more listings in google for the 2nd and 3rd pages of a topic. Unfortunately by this point the people in my forum are invariably off topic and the reader doesnt get what the topic was about, doesnt realise they landed on page 3 and probably bounces straight back off the site. Wouldnt it not be best for all pages to redirect into page 1 so a visitor who is new to the forum can read the topics first post and see if it is of interest to them. They are far more likely to stay and read more if they read the first post rather than the 31st, I find no value in listing seperate topic pages.  :) :)

eg :

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=bempton+bird+ash+fishing&btnG=Search&meta=

I have number 1 spot but its page 3 of the topic and the bounce rate will be around 100 percent.
I don't think that's really possible... except perhaps to block the second pages with robots.txt somehow. I don't know how.

Quote from: L.G.S on August 31, 2007, 04:57:34 PMIf I install this mod, will it have the same links as SEO4SMF? I ask because my site links to a lot of stuff on the forums so if I cannot replicate the exact link then I won't be able to use this mod...
No it uses different URLs.

Advertisement: