News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Moving Server

Started by Grudge, March 11, 2004, 09:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

Perhaps.  1.1 should include a full fix for this issue.  I think it's caused by an update to mod_security.

-[Unknown]

bigforo

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 27, 2005, 09:10:40 PM
Perhaps.  1.1 should include a full fix for this issue.  I think it's caused by an update to mod_security.

-[Unknown]

I see, so if I search in all .php files for  ";id" and replace with "&id" will it correct the problem ?

[Unknown]

More or less, yes.  Although that alone would cause validation problems, I guess it's not as bad as the forum not working :P.

-[Unknown]

Pure80s

I've just move my Yabbse/supermod database back up on to a new server.

Do I need to reinstall the supermod files and then the smf upgrade or can I just upload the smf upgrade?

[Unknown]

Quote from: Pure80s on February 03, 2005, 06:23:43 PM
I've just move my Yabbse/supermod database back up on to a new server.

Do I need to reinstall the supermod files and then the smf upgrade or can I just upload the smf upgrade?

Just doing the SMF upgrade should be fine.  You may need to use repair_settings.php afterward, however.

-[Unknown]

Pure80s

Thanks for the speedy reply  :)

spl1nter

I used repair_settings.php but in the javascript bit it still uses the old URL.  It seems $settings['theme_url'] and $settings['images_url'] weren't changed.

[Unknown]

It only changes the default theme's URL and path.  You'll need to update any other themes manually.

-[Unknown]

HRM

Hello,
I have a question which i didn't find anywhere else.

Which database table contains the latest message info besides yabbse_messages?

I just moved my forum and all went succesfully, actually is completely up and running but I have not set the domain.dns yet cause im preparing.

But because I used the sql files of yesterday it also shows the last message from yesterday.  So how quickly put over the last info from the old domain when the moment is there.

Tnx in advance
Ed
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

[Unknown]

Just use "recount all forum totals and statistics".

-[Unknown]

nokonium

I am setting up a new test site on the same server as the main forum, smf 1.0.1. I have tried a range of things but I'm stumped.  :(

I have a completely new account and domain. I uploaded phpMyAdmin 2.6.1 and edited the config.inc.php file.

I have ftp'd all forum files to my PC and reloaded them to my new space. I used the Admin/maintenance to make an uncompressed copy with table structure (5.7mb) and loaded it with phpMyAdmin and then ran repair_settings.php.

In the admin I can see the complete list of members. In forum view I can see post numbers in the forums, but I cannot see the posts. All the icons and graphics are missing.

What have I missed? It must be something obvious or a cockup with editing phpMyAdmin config.inc.php, I think ....... :-[

[Unknown]

Check your theme settings and verify the paths are correct...

-[Unknown]

nokonium

I have checked the theme settings, paths for default are correct but only default SMF and Classic  themes show, all my customised themes are missing. I have downloaded and checked settings.php all paths in there appear correct and I have re-ftp'd my themes folder.

I see /htdocs/ in the paths, as I'd expect to see, but is htdocs something I should have set up or modified?

I have included a section of code from settings.php, are these correct?

########## Directories/Files ##########
# Note: These directories do not have to be changed unless you move things.
$boarddir = '/homepages/[account]/htdocs/our-local'; # The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)
$sourcedir = '/homepages/[account]/htdocs/our-local/Sources'; # Path to the Sources directory.

[Unknown]

Well, remember that each theme has its own URLs and paths.  The repair_settings.php tool does not change these, either.

Where is the forum?  Can you give me an example of a theme that isn't showing?

-[Unknown]

nokonium

I can fix my custom theme url's no problem, even if they pointed to the old url they should still show if the url still points to that theme at the original url. The problems of no images is with the default theme.

I have IM'd you the url and admin account login details.

Update

I have replaced my version of phpMyAdmin, changed the folder and re-downloaded all the files from the board to my PC and back up again to the new folder. I have also dropped a new database backup and tried to reload it with the updated phpMyAdmin. I'm getting a 500 internal server error and I cannot log into the board, which appears to be missing the same bits.

nokonium

I have now loaded an earlier backup sql file and have something working.

There are still no images, buttons, avatars, smilies. I have tried to create a new theme and uploaded a complete set of graphics, still no show. I have checked settings.php all OK, theme url's and images url's, OK

Is my main board saving corrupted backups?
Is phpMyAdmin corrupting them?
Has my ftp, WS FTP Pro, dropped or corrupted some files?

New url is http://nokonium.co.uk/Cat-and-Fiddler/

I have set up the same account for you to have a look.

[Unknown]

Hmm.. looks like a referrer/hotlinking protection type thing is to blame.

http://nokonium.co.uk/Cat-and-Fiddler/Themes/default/images/english/home.gif

Works fine, but won't load if I come from

http://nokonium.co.uk/Cat-and-Fiddler/index.php

-[Unknown]

nokonium

Thanks [UNKNOWN] I'll look into that.

nokonium

We think we have it sorted now.

You were right about the images, I have now deleted the  .htaccess file and all the images have appeared, it had been copied over with the files from the main site.

It does also appear that the phpMyAdmin was corrupting the sql files, using the restore database utility appears to solve that problem.

Thanks

HRM

Quote from: nokonium on February 19, 2005, 11:59:54 AM
loaded it with phpMyAdmin and then ran repair_settings.php.

I would suggest not running the 'repair' thing, better upload that table again.  I had the same thing. It puts something on another line.
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

Advertisement: