News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom BBCode

Started by Sarke, March 03, 2007, 02:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

The Days -- Please see the documentation Package Manager for an introduction to how to install a package using the Package Manager.

Misa95 -- it looks like something is taking too long in parse_bbc -- the part of SMF that actually reads those tags and spits out HTML.  If you leave the mod enabled, but disable all the custom tags you have created, do you still get the error?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Muldoon

Well a number of months ago after an upgrade my BBCode for posting youtube videos on my message board stopped working.

However! - my old videos posted in this manner STILL worked properly. It was just that new posts would not work.  So... tonight I copied some old code from one video that worked and did a test post and it worked.  But, then I went and found the 'old embed code' of a youtube video and posted it and it DID NOT WORK.

Anyway, I wanted to post both code here and I'm hoping you might be able to help me figure this out.

working code:

Code that DOES NOT work:

Also - the html code used for the tags is as follows:

Quote<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{content}"></param>
      <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>  <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{content}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350″ width="425″></embed>

Any idea why the latter code is not displaying the video?

KensonPlays

Will this get updated to 2.0.1 at all?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

mabley

I eventually got this figured out.  Seemed it required the setting to remove my head from the nether and then imbibe coffee?

I do have a question though:
Anyway to code in a drop-down menu to hold all the tags that have 'Button' checked?  We might have quite a few.  The list would populate on its own?

dand

Hi,
I am trying to use "Custom BBCode" mod in my SMF 1.1.15, but I fail.

The mod installs fine. I can define a custom bbcode, enable it, I even defined a button gif image. When I click the button, the code is inserted in the message, for example [pgn][/pgn], however, there is no effect. 

Where did I go wrong?
Where in the source should I search for pgn tags in order to debug it?

Thanks.

dand

Could someone give me a simple example of code that I can try to see if this is working?

Zagdul

It seems this mod was abandoned. Does anyone know enough to pick it up for 2.0? It's a pretty awesome mod.

Arantor

It doesn't matter if anyone knows it enough or not - the fact is the mod does not state anywhere that anyone has permission to take it over and get it up to date.

Someone would have to rewrite it from scratch in order for that to be the case.
Holder of controversial views, all of which my own.

Sarke

Sorry for the absence everyone, I meant to do this earlier.  I'll release it under the CC BY-NC-SA license.  Go nuts.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0

My MODs          Please don't PM me for support, post in the appropriate topic.

Angelina Belle

That is really amazing.  Once you upload the new version (with your license statement on it) to http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=621, then everyone will really appreciate it.

People love this mod, and it is wonderful that you are going to make it available for the community to continue to develop.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

ProtoGT

KensonPlays

Quote from: Sarke on August 27, 2012, 02:53:18 PM
Sorry for the absence everyone, I meant to do this earlier.  I'll release it under the CC BY-NC-SA license.  Go nuts.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0
If only I knew enough PHP, I'd attempt it. But alas I don't. Maybe I should download smf 1.1.2 and put that on my site :P (jk)

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

imsosocial

Quote from: Sarke on August 27, 2012, 02:53:18 PM

amazing man. cant wait for this to be upgraded to 2.0.1 this is such an awesome mod.

congminh1709

Hi. I am using smf 2.0.3, up to now is there any custom bbcode mod works for this version? Thanks.

FragaCampos

After two years using this mod, i added a new bbc code 3 days ago and the mod made my forum crash. How? I don't know, but the memory and processor resources of my server went out of the roof. Now that i was able to uninstall it, my forum is back to normal.

A while ago, just to double check it, I installed this mod again and it happened again. Processor resources at 100% and memory peaked at 200.

Any idea on what's causing this?

Angelina Belle

You had the mod installed for 2 years, and it only started to cause a problem after your most recent tag addition?

What tag did you add?

FragaCampos

The tags I had were all the same type, a simple [tag] with html to show an image. This tag was another one like those. I'm going to upgrade my forum to SMF 2 this weekend and see if I can install it without problems.
But the mod's entries are still there. Are they going to be erased when upgrading SMF or do I have to manually remove them?

Angelina Belle

FragaCampos --

No mods will "survive" the upgrade.  All SMF files are replaced in the process of upgrading for 1.1.x to 2.0.x
* you might as well uninstall all mods
* And reinstall afterwards -- the mods' installers will use "SMF 2.0 friendly" code -- the previously-used code would not work with SMF 2.0 anyway.

Good luck!

FragaCampos

Thanks, AngelinaBelle, will do that.

Advertisement: