News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Membergroup placement by posts shows incorrect group

Started by Burpee, August 21, 2004, 10:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burpee

Okay, first off... I have changed my forum's group settings to:
  • Inactive members (0 posts need)
  • Active members (1 post needed)
This makes sense, right?

However, when I go through the list of each membergroup, I find a lot of people with 1 post... but in both groups!
Apparently it just *randomly* puts the members into either one of the two groups...

[Unknown]

When people register, they are placed in the "Newbie" post group - ID_GROUP #4.  If that one has 1 post, and Inactive has 0.... that would cause this.

-[Unknown]

Burpee

The groep "Inactive" is group #4... so it doesn't look like that's the case...

[Unknown]

It should, then, sort people into the next group once they have a post...

What about if it's set to 2 posts?

-[Unknown]

Burpee

Hmm... changed it to 2, it changed, then changed it back to 1 and it's fixed now.
Thnx :)

Another thing though...
When I click on the number of members in a membergroup in "Edit Membergroups" it brings me to a list of members. The list is only one page though, even though there's 600 members in that group...

Grudge

Quote from: Burpee on August 21, 2004, 07:45:45 PM
Hmm... changed it to 2, it changed, then changed it back to 1 and it's fixed now.
Thnx :)

Another thing though...
When I click on the number of members in a membergroup in "Edit Membergroups" it brings me to a list of members. The list is only one page though, even though there's 600 members in that group...
I *think* this is a bug I have to fix... if it's the one I think it is.
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

Quote from: Grudge on August 21, 2004, 07:47:46 PM

I think I already fixed it... was a typo where you didn't include an alternate where clause.

-[Unknown]

Grudge

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 22, 2004, 03:24:54 AM
Quote from: Grudge on August 21, 2004, 07:47:46 PM

I think I already fixed it... was a typo where you didn't include an alternate where clause.

-[Unknown]
Yea, this afternoon I tried for some time to track down the bug, and eventually concluded you'd already fixed it  :-X
I'm only a half geek really...

Advertisement: