Ajax Registration Feedback

Started by Hambil, March 19, 2007, 06:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p.goepfert

Thank you for the usefull mod. I wrote a german translation file for it. Maybe someone can use it.

Regards, Pago

L'AltroWeb

Quote from: BryanS on August 19, 2007, 10:09:14 PM
Quote from: MojPortal on June 17, 2007, 10:40:01 AM
In error log I see this

http://www.mojportal.com.hr/forum/index.php?action=ajaxreg_checkpasswrd1&xml=true&passwrd1=USER_PASSWORD&username=USERNAME
2: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Bad arguments.
Datoteka: /home/mojporta/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php
Linija: 639

I'm getting the exact same error.  I'm running Tiny Portal so I don't know if this might be causing a problem but I can't figure out how to fix this. :(
I am the same error.
SMF 1.1.4 and MKportal
I can see user password and this is not good  :(

MissyNL

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 24, 2008, 06:41:48 PM
this mod work with smf 1.1.4?

Well?? does it work with 1.1.4? I want to use the mod :D
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

L'AltroWeb

Yes! See my site, now i'm use smf 1.1.5 and this mod work!

MissyNL

oke, great.. thanks for the reply
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

vlindertje

We're now a few months further and it still doesn't work.
I'm further then a few months ago.

But....

I install it in default theme. I see options in the admin pannel, also in dutch.

Then i go registration an account. check name is okay.
But when it will check the email, it gives a yellow triangle left under with a message fault on the page.
But i don't get errors.....

So it don't check email.

And my second question is. I saw this on a http://www.thereptilefile.com/forum/index.php?action=register

This site is from also a member from smf.

Its about that small icones/buttons next of the registration lines. I saw this on more sites.

I don't see them either in install ajax registration feedback mod.

Who can help me to fix both problems?

vlindertje

Quote from: vlindertje on May 13, 2008, 05:42:12 AM
We're now a few months further and it still doesn't work.
I'm further then a few months ago.

But....

I install it in default theme. I see options in the admin pannel, also in dutch.

Then i go registration an account. check name is okay.
But when it will check the email, it gives a yellow triangle left under with a message fault on the page.
But i don't get errors.....

So it don't check email.

And my second question is. I saw this on a http://www.thereptilefile.com/forum/index.php?action=register

This site is from also a member from smf.

Its about that small icones/buttons next of the registration lines. I saw this on more sites.

I don't see them either in install ajax registration feedback mod.

Who can help me to fix both problems?

Nobody can help me?

samurai-lupin

Hello,

this mod works great with all of my website but one (thunting.com)

There I'm getting this error:

message.firstChild has no properties
[Break on this error] document.getElementById(field.firstChild.nodeValue).innerHTML = '&nbsp;' + mes...

Basically the mods works - that is it checks the content and gives the appropriate results - but unfortunately does not display any text!?!

Just blank green or red fields (as defined as default colors).

Any thoughts what might be the reason?!

Thank you!

taurean

nice mod. working on default theme with ver 1.1.5
Eager to Learn SMF

L'AltroWeb

A fix for this error?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=158931.msg1521096#msg1521096
IMHO is a big security issue for my user(i can see their password) and for me (if i register to a site that use this mod)  :(

kai920

Quote from: GodOfWonders on April 01, 2007, 03:09:14 AM
ok I fixed the problem. It works fine now. Basically I just edited the AjaxRegFed.js file.  As you can see the SMF bridge is a component adding com_smf to the link so if I take:

http.open('GET', 'index.php?action=ajaxreg_checkusername&xml=true&username=' + document.creator.user.value);

and change it to:

http.open('GET', 'index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=ajaxreg_checkusername&xml=true&username=' + document.creator.user.value);

it calls from the right url.  Thus working for SMF integrated into Joomla. :)

I'm trying to make the edits to the js file as well.

1. Could you use smf_scripturl instead of starting with index.php?.....

1a. Do you know how to check for presence of Joomla to dynamically select which URLs to use?

2. My email check doesn't seem to work for some reason?

Hoochie Coochie Man

Hi

Thank you very much for this beautiful mod.

But I'm getting xhtml errors on Register.template.php..

Validation Output:  2 Errors

Error Line 228, Column 78: there is no attribute "onChange".

..." tabindex="1" maxlength="25" onChange="checkUsername();" />

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.

Error Line 229, Column 25: there is no attribute "name".

<div id="usercheck" name="usercheck">&nbsp;</div>

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.
İnadına SMF 1.1.X

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Dark-Wolf on June 13, 2008, 10:49:56 AM
IMHO is a big security issue for my user(i can see their password) and for me (if i register to a site that use this mod)  :(
WHAT, lol, how is this mod a security issue and allowing people to see passwords ?

Also, where is the list of approved emails defined, because i did a test using [email protected] and it greened saying it was ok LOL
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

L'AltroWeb

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 09, 2008, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: Dark-Wolf on June 13, 2008, 10:49:56 AM
WHAT, lol, how is this mod a security issue and allowing people to see passwords ?

Also, where is the list of approved emails defined, because i did a test using [email protected] and it greened saying it was ok LOL
sorry my english isn't very good.
If you register to my site i can see your password and IMHO this isn'y good.
For example: you register to mysite and you use your classic user and password (same for administer your site), i can login to your site whit your password and whit administrator privileges :(
IMHO this is a security problem (not for my site but for my users) ;)

Advertisement: