Previous topic - Next topic

Apllicmz

did try Update that mod
Work Fine Smf 2.0

Bendo

With SMF 2.0 Final and WP 3.2.1 it doesnt work (uncompatible)  :(

Bendo

I think I fixed the problem.  ;D

1. You must unpack the archiv untill you see all .php files.

2. You must open the "package-info.xml" and search fot this textparts:

Quote<install for="2.0 RC5">
      <readme parsebbc="true">README</readme>

Quote<uninstall for="2.0 RC5">
      <code type="inline"><![CDATA[<?php
         global $boarddir;
Here you have to delete "RC5" in both lines.

3.Now save the file and zip all files together with winzip.

Now it should work for the smf 2.0 final. ;)

SlammedDime

Or you can just click on 'Advanced' at the bottom of the browse packages screen, enter 2.0 RC5 in the box, then install the mod.  Much easier.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Bendo

Hey, I have a new little problem with this mod and my webspace.  O:)
My Wordpress Blog is in the root directory and my smf board in an extra folder. When I wanne fix the wp-login.php file I get this error message:
QuoteWordpress path is not writable by the webserver. We will not be able to make backups of modified Wordpress files

I cant change the root directory chmod. Is an backup so important? I make every day an backup.  Or can I delete the line from the source code and ignore the backup?

Bendo

I changed all files and folders (without sub-folders and sub-files) to 777 and it works. But this is do dangerous in my opinion and i got the webspace path error too. No ideas? :(

青山 素子

Why is it too dangerous? If an attacker gets access to the database, even if they can't write to any files, they can still cause a lot of damage. Heck, if the server is set up the common way with files owned by the webserver, even 600 would be dangerous.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Bendo

777 allows everything for everybody.
Which file must be writable?

青山 素子

Quote from: Bendo on July 26, 2011, 12:53:31 PM
777 allows everything for everybody.
Which file must be writable?

None really need to be, but you'll lose features. You can selectively allow write access to various areas if you want that functionality back. However, that's outside of this topic, which is about bridging SMF with WordFailPress.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

MarkLeevE

How to integrate WP and SMF? are they using same database?

Arwym

MarkLeevE: like the mod's info page says, they don't have to be on the same database to work.

This works fine with SMF 2.0 and the latest version of WP, but there's something bothering me: existing WP users aren't added to SMF's members table upon installation of this mod. That's something of a downside if the WordPress site has its fair amount of existing users already, even if it's more likely that it'll be the other way around.

It'd also be nice if logging in from WP's front end worked, too.

Overall, awesome job. The code looks so clean and is documented, plus it's object-oriented. Too bad I can't understand all of it yet. I wish I could add my own functionality at this time.

maha

I need convert smf to wordpress blod need advice
welcome to baanmaha baanmaha [nofollow]

dandorf

I fail to bridge wordpress SMF 3.4.1 and 2.0.2, no plug in works correctly

Any help?

joeyjojoshabadoo

Why Bridge the two logins? I don't see any point at all, and it's just hassle.

i have a smf inside the wordpress folder on the one site. I dont have the logins linked as I see no point. I have a  wordpress site, and then a link to the forum. If people want to talk in the forum they register through SMF and thats it.

I never saw any point in letting people comment on both SMF and wordpress on the one site as it would just dilute the conversation. The only link I have is the forum feed on the home page and post pages, and that's all you need

Site is http://dropkickrugby.com

forum is http://dropkickrugby.com/forum

i'm not technical but if anyone needs any pointers for this ill check back here soon

keyrocks

Quote from: joeyjojoshabadoo on January 03, 2013, 05:09:28 PM
Why Bridge the two logins? I don't see any point at all, and it's just hassle.

i have a smf inside the wordpress folder on the one site. I dont have the logins linked as I see no point. I have a  wordpress site, and then a link to the forum. If people want to talk in the forum they register through SMF and thats it.

Installing SMF in a WP root/forum subdirectory without any integration is simple, no doubt about it, and you can also put the d-base tables for both in the same single database... no dispute there from me.

However, let's say I'm running WP as a multi-site network with 9 separate virtual sub-sites, each using their own table-sets but all running on one WP file-set. I have 2,400 users on the network and am using one login for all so that they can log into any one of the sub-sites and be logged into the other 8 at the same time. I'm doing this because my users find it most convenient.

If I add SMF as another sub-site in the WP root, I want to be able to over-ride or by-pass the SMF login and session scripts and have mu users automatically logged in on the SMF sub-site at the same time. That only makes sense, does it not?

joeyjojoshabadoo

keyrocks, the thoughts of what you have to deal with scares me  :D

best of luck with all of that!

madtequ

Hi guys,

I also have a question:

My main site is wordpress and after installing the mode on the smf forum I can't gain access to the wordpress admin (back end ) anymore. No matter what I try it keeps redirecting to the smf login. I need both back ends and the mode.. I've tried creating another wp-login (wp-login2.php) it points to the correct login page of wordpress but when I login I get the smf redirect.

Any tips and help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Advertisement: