News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ad Revenue Sharing Mod (Beta)

Started by karlbenson, March 31, 2007, 08:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlbenson

Neither of those options will be in 2.0.

www.jbi.in

Well I am none but ajay_sparklingboy --> www.jbi.in so i want to know when will the new mod available

karlbenson

I'm not posting a timeframe.

Its taken months to get to 80%.  I have alot of other mods which have also required bug fixed and other RL and no-smf things/issues/projects that take up my time.

Niteblade

Karl,

Google is now allowing the possibility for revenue to be generated through Youtube videos.
affiliate blog

karlbenson

Thanks, I already saw an article on it.

I have yet to see the sizes they support for it.

If they don't support the 'standard' adsizes with them, I won't be able to add them to the mod.

elragal_30

hello
i'm intersted with this mod and  test it at my PC
but i want to know
i now use "Ad mangment MOD" so, i can't use your mod untill i remove  this MOD ??

if yes , can i put Bidvertiser , adbrit ,..etc  any other ads
or some HTML ,PHP code
replay me as i wnat to use this mod ,but i need to run my other ads and codes that monitor my site
thanks

karlbenson

This mod needs to be removed before using ad management mod.

Both mods cannot be installed at the same time.
And for security reasons I wouldn't recommend trying to.

elragal_30

Quote from: karlbenson on October 15, 2007, 06:11:42 PM
This mod needs to be removed before using ad management mod.

Both mods cannot be installed at the same time.
And for security reasons I wouldn't recommend trying to.
so what about my other codes and ads ,how i can use them

karlbenson

Its one or the other.

The mods are not compatible with each other (and the data which is saved is not transferrable).

The current version of the ad revenue sharing mod does not support any custom ads. In future this will change.

jxk777

Hi,
It seems all my ads that were working before now only show [ads] where the ads were. I haven't changed anything at all on the forums and it stopped working. How can I fix this?

karlbenson

What is [ads]? Is that the line underneath which says [this is an ad revenue sharing forum?]
If not, that is not a part of this mod.  (and is probably to part of the ad network instead)

Check how many other participants there are.
Remember if there aren't any other non-admin participants that admins won't see any ads (for security reasons).

jxk777

Hi Karl,
Every place I had adsense ads now shows just this text: [ads]

I am only using adsense ads and I don't see this on any of my other sites. Only my one forum that is using this mod. I will PM you with the forum details

GazOutEast

Quote from: jxk777 on October 25, 2007, 11:40:32 AM
Hi Karl,
Every place I had adsense ads now shows just this text: [ads]

I am only using adsense ads and I don't see this on any of my other sites. Only my one forum that is using this mod. I will PM you with the forum details

Have you tried looking at in when logged out as well as logged in?

If you're logged out, you should see ads normally, but when logged in, you'll onlyy see a blank line of white space.
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

karlbenson

Its the ads not the mod.

a) could be a problem with adsense ads
b) could be that adsense changed their ads
c) could be that the adsense account has been banned/suspended
(try to login to your adsense account, if you can successfully login and browse your account etc then you havent been banned)

The ads are in the source, just not showing.

jxk777

Hi Karl,
I can get into my adsense account with no problems, it even shows todays earnings so I know I am not banned or suspended. My adsense ads show on other web sites but on the other websites the adsense code is directly inserted into the templates.

Ok, I just checked and my programmer does see my adsense, my guess is that for some reason my member ads are not showing, I checked the stats and all members stats show as 0, but what confuses me is I have tried looking at the site when not logged in and I still don't see the ads, is there a cookie or something? I have also tried both firefox and IE.

karlbenson

The mod appears to be functioning properly in the sense that if you browse to any page and view the source, you will be able to find the adsense code. (and it appears fully formed).

The issue would appear to be with adsense itself, something which this mod doesnt have control over.

Niteblade

Quote from: jxk777 on October 25, 2007, 11:06:45 AM
Hi,
It seems all my ads that were working before now only show [ads] where the ads were. I haven't changed anything at all on the forums and it stopped working. How can I fix this?

Sounds like your browser is Maxathon, and it sounds like the browser is blocking Google Ads. You need to whitelist Google in order to see ads.
affiliate blog

jxk777

I found the problem with the ads. My firewall is Outpost Firewall Pro and it is blocking the ads.

But I still don't know why the stats are not updating in the ad revenue sharing. All my members still show as 0, no stats are updating. But at least now I know why the ads were not showing.

karlbenson

The stats issue is almost certainly a bug with the mod. (if logging of stats is definately enabled).

My concentration at the moment is bug fixing all my other mods and doing bits on 2.0 as and when i can.
I certainly don't want to spend any more time bug fixing 1.0 version of the mod.

www.jbi.in

Also Google has introduced a new option "ALLOWED SITES" . So please check whether you have added your site which doesn't show ads.

To Karlbenson :
Will the new mod be available within next march ? Brecauce at present I have closed my website and running a blog (www.jbi.in).I am hoping to publish my new site next year.

Advertisement: