Advertisement:

Author Topic: Allowing guests to see all Boards but not entering  (Read 244583 times)

Offline Biology Forums

• SMF Hero
    • StudyForcePS on Facebook
    • @studyforceps on Twitter
Re: Allowing guests to see all Boards but not entering
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2015, 09:06:09 PM »
What if we want a specific board to be seen, but cannot entire as a guest?

Offline Deprecated

• SMF Hero
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2015, 12:28:14 AM »
I'm chuckling at your answer Kindred. I get that all the time. Doesn't work or doesn't work with XYZ site, and all I know is I have a complainer who is incomprehensible.

Anybody who knows me and I know you, I'll tell you what I'm working on lately. (PM) Other than the smaller size of the open source project it's almost a microcosm of SMF.

I sometimes want to kill new members for posts like "it doesn't work" and not giving me a test scenario that fails. I have a supermod that has filled my forum with stickies in failed attempts to tell members how to file a proper report so we can fix it. It amuses me to watch his fruitless work. I sure appreciate his efforts though, at least somebody is doing something while I'm slinging code.

I'm too busy working on the new release to handle people who can't ask a comprehensible question.

Offline fishoaus

« Reply #302 on: January 09, 2016, 06:37:02 PM »
I want guests to be able to see all the boards, but when the click the board, its says they have no access to it without login. How do I do this. WHen i set permissons in the admin, when your a guest the board just doesnt appear at all to them.   I want it to be able to be seen, but disable access until they are registered.  not sure if this makes sense.

[edit] changed topic title [/edit]

does this option allow  Individual  topics  with this fix see attachment  to make guest sign up

Offline lordoftheflies1

« Reply #303 on: January 11, 2016, 05:31:18 PM »
I'm chuckling at your answer Kindred. I get that all the time. Doesn't work or doesn't work with XYZ site, and all I know is I have a complainer who is incomprehensible.

Anybody who knows me and I know you, I'll tell you what I'm working on lately. (PM) Other than the smaller size of the open source project it's almost a microcosm of SMF.

I sometimes want to kill new members for posts like "it doesn't work" and not giving me a test scenario that fails. I have a supermod that has filled my forum with stickies in failed attempts to tell members how to file a proper report so we can fix it. It amuses me to watch his fruitless work. I sure appreciate his efforts though, at least somebody is doing something while I'm slinging code.

I'm too busy working on the new release to handle people who can't ask a comprehensible question.

Well put, i would love for that supermod of yours to come work with some people i know... lol