News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to change the Member ID number

Started by unkn0wn, April 08, 2007, 04:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unkn0wn

I want to ask how to change the member ID number on the SMF.
Thanks.

unkn0wn

Can you tell me why the picture can't shown on my forum?

how is the solution?

codenaught

unkn0wn, I'm going through old unresolved topics. Do you still need help with any of these questions?

If you need help with your second question, please give much more detail about your problem.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

FrEaK@ZoiD !!!

Well,

Here I am asking the sae question!

I put the member ID information under the avatar in my forum (something like: Member #XX).
But I notice a "hole" in the sequence number in the table smf_members... For example:
The admin is the number #1, but the next number is the #18.... I don´t have the sequence 2 to 17 and I want to put all the staff members in that sequence...

In phpmyadmin I found the table smf_members and change the member_id 18 to number 2 but did not work.... In the forum, my ID was changed by ZERO...

What can I do?

Regards

greyknight17

There is an incremental option that's enabled. Try unchecking that option for the smf_members table and see if you can change it to member ID#2.

Elmacik

Quote from: greyknight17 on September 02, 2007, 10:33:20 PM
There is an incremental option that's enabled. Try unchecking that option for the smf_members table and see if you can change it to member ID#2.

He of course can change. But everything will screw up if he does. :)
Because all of the personal data is tied to ID_MEMBER.
And if he changes, that member will lost posts under his account.
He will loose PMs, logs and everything.
If he tries to change member id to some other one's, it will screw worse.
Because he will be a different member suddenly. :)

What you need to do to change a member's id is first, making sure the id you want to change to, must be FREE. No one must be using that ID.
Then run this query:

UPDATE smf_attachments SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_messages SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_calendar SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_collapsed_categories SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_log_actions SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_log_boards SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_log_errors SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_log_mark_read SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_log_notify SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_log_polls SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_log_topics SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_pm_recipients SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_polls SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_topics SET ID_MEMBER_STARTED = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER_STARTED = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_calendar SET ID_MEMBER_UPDATED = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER_UPDATED = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';
UPDATE smf_themes SET ID_MEMBER = 'NEW_MEMBER_ID' WHERE ID_MEMBER = 'OLD_MEMBER_ID';

Here, smf_ is your table prefix, use yours. NEW_MEMBER_ID should be replaced to what you want to make the member's id. And OLD_MEMBER_ID should be replaced with member's current id.

Now you changed that members ID successfully. :)
Home of Elmacik

Advertisement: