Bible tags

Started by SamoanOnion, June 25, 2005, 11:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamoanOnion

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to convert this mod to work with SMF,
you can go here to check it out.

http://www.eaglesnestministries.com/test/

free?  I know, thought I'd ask anyway  :D

[Unknown]

How are they stored, using this mod?  In a text file?  In the database?

-[Unknown]

SamoanOnion

the verses are stored in a dbase (mysql),
the sql script is included in the download

SamoanOnion

[Unknown]

It probably wouldn't be too hard to convert a simpler mod like this, with the author's permission (although, I'm afraid, I just have too much on my plate.)  Do you want me to move this to the Mod Requests board?

-[Unknown]

SamoanOnion

sure, that would be great,

and I already have talked with the Mod author and he said that it was fine to freely use or mod it, it is also stated in the readme file when you download the mod.

thanx

teamjesus

anyone got this working or...?

Cheers,
Jeff

Anguz

How does it work? Sorry for not studying your example in detail. You post the reference between the tags and it gets filled out from the db? If so, it'd be good to do it when posting instead of display to save the queries each view.
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

SamoanOnion

QuoteYou post the reference between the tags and it gets filled out from the db?

yep, I believe that's how it works, I think either way it should be fine whether reviewing it or not, but I guess that depends on the server.  the only reason I went to phpbb was for this mod, but, phpbb wasn't what I was look'n for in a forum, that's why I switched to SMF, hopefully someone could pick this up, I would use it a lot.

Sheepy

I am taking this.  I've already done tag code and database optimisation, pending interface, testing, packing, and install/uninstall test.  It will support quoting across chapters.

SamoanOnion

Quote from: Sheepy on November 11, 2005, 08:15:09 AM
I am taking this.  I've already done tag code and database optimisation, pending interface, testing, packing, and install/uninstall test.  It will support quoting across chapters.

SWEEEEEEEET!!!

thanx Sheepy, it is much appreciated, can't wait to check it out.

Sheepy

Hey, you are welcome.  And hey, it's all done~ http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=220

It's too bad that only KJV is provided. "Love is patient, love is kind" sounds so much better then "Charity suffereth long, and is kind" But at least we've got a Bible for SMF~ So...

"O Praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people."

SamoanOnion

WOW much prop's & thanx.

yea, I hear ya about the translation, but, I do remember the mod author was getting in touch with whoever you get in touch with to see if he could use the NIV and port it to this mod, never knew what happend with it because that was ages ago  :D

again, thanx and I'm gonna hook it up as soon as I get home.

Greg425

I am running v1.1.2 of the forum and each time i try to install the Bible tag mod it says it is corrupt or wrong version???? Any thoughts? I would really like to get this mod to work on my forum...

Greg

MegaTinkerCoder

Hey Greg, you very likely could add those feature or use version_emulate=1.1 in the url string from package manager.  I had this mod installed on version 1.1 awhile back and its pretty neat, but no one ended up using it they all kept copy and pasting from esword or blueletterbible... :) 
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Albert Einstein

Greg425

Quote from: MegaTinkerCoder on April 19, 2007, 09:31:44 PM
Hey Greg, you very likely could add those feature or use version_emulate=1.1 in the url string from package manager.  I had this mod installed on version 1.1 awhile back and its pretty neat, but no one ended up using it they all kept copy and pasting from esword or blueletterbible... :) 

I am not sure how to use the "version_imulate=1.1" thing. I am kinda new at this whole thing. Can you elaberate a bit more on the subject? Thanks!

Skipdawg

I'm going to have to check this out. Sounds good.  ;)
Skipdawg's Community