News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

User Control Panel ( User CP ) V3.0

Started by Alan S, April 28, 2007, 12:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow Wolf

Did you ever figure out the answer to my question?
www.MythicSoftware.com

Software for the Pagan community

Alan S

Update : Version 1.4 Released  See main page here for more details.
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Matthew Schenker

I installed this modification (version 1.4) on my test site, and it looks great, except for one thing: the "Contact Admin" button does not work.  I had version 1.3 installed before, and the "Contact Admin" was working, so it seems something went wrong in the update.

Thanks for the great work!

Alan S

It works okay for me , And i check with a friend aswell and he said it works?

What browser are you using?

If its IE , Go to tools -> options -> programs and make sure you have a default email client selected ( Usualy Outlook Express )

If its firefox , Firefox uses the XP default email program , So go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Set program access defaults -> Custom  , And under choose my default email program select one ( usualy outlook express )
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Kindred

actually, as a possible addition for the next version, I'd like to see an option that can be set for the "contact":   allow us to set email or PM.   In general, we don't allow/want users contacting us directly in email, so I changed 1.3 to send a PM instead of an email. :)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Alan S

Quote from: Kindred on December 15, 2007, 11:44:41 AM
actually, as a possible addition for the next version, I'd like to see an option that can be set for the "contact":   allow us to set email or PM.   In general, we don't allow/want users contacting us directly in email, so I changed 1.3 to send a PM instead of an email. :)

In the original version of the UserCp where it had to be manualy added to the forum , The contact admin was by PM , However when i started coding it for a mod , I saw no way of defining the user id ( As in ;u=xxx ) for the admin and i could not automatically assume that the admins user id was 1 , Because sometimes people change it from the first account created etc......... So i switched to email , If i found some way to get the user id of a admin easily i would put in in the next version , Along with the option to email.

Kindred

(now that you mention it, I actually hard-coded the 4 main admin IDs..)

You could search for the users in the admin usergroup and then build an array of those user IDs...

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Alan S

Thanks , i will look into it! , Although i have to say i am still only a novice in PHP

Snow Wolf

This update does not answer my question.......
www.MythicSoftware.com

writerrobert680

How can I have this on my other skins besides the default?

Alan S

Alan S

Quote from: Snow Wolf on December 18, 2007, 04:46:37 PM

Okay  , i'll try and focus on this now since i know you've been waiting a while , i've just been a bit busy.

First of all , what theme is it your having the problem on?

Snow Wolf

Quote from: Alan S on December 19, 2007, 05:42:44 PM
Quote from: Snow Wolf on December 18, 2007, 04:46:37 PM

Okay  , i'll try and focus on this now since i know you've been waiting a while , i've just been a bit busy.

First of all , what theme is it your having the problem on?

Its actually my own custom theme.

www.mythicsoftware.com/forum/

You are welcoem to join and take a look at the User CP yourself and then you will understand why I want to put a solid background color behinf the text. I'm just looking for the place in the code it insert it myself.
www.MythicSoftware.com

Alan S

Yeah , I see what you mean , the links are hard to read , Well i've tried and tested the use of a usercp style sheet and i am pleased to say it can be done. This is what you need to do.

Open notepad and paste this code into it.

/* User Cp CSS Stylesheet */

/* Normal, standard links. */
a:link
{
color: #FFFFFF;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited
{
color: #FF0000;
}
a:hover
{
text-decoration: underline;
}

body, td, th , tr
{
color: #000000;
font-size: small;
font-family: verdana, sans-serif;
}

You can edit the values

a:link
{
color: #FFFFFF;
}

^^ Edit the #FFFFFF here to control the colour of a link in the UserCP

a:visited
{
color: #FF0000;
}

^^ Edit the #FF0000 to edit the colour of a visted link in the UserCP

body, td, th , tr
{
color: #000000;
font-size: small;
font-family: verdana, sans-serif;
}

^^ Edit the #000000 to change the colour of the rest of the text in the usercp ( IE the summary text )

Then go to file  -> save as , select all files and save it as usercpstyle.css and upload it to /Themes/default/ ( The default themes directory )

Now ,we have to tell the User Cp to include the stylesheet , So download and open up usercp.template.php

Find

global $scripturl, $webmaster_email, $txt, $context, $settings, $ID_MEMBER;

Add after

// Include The Stylesheet
echo '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/usercpstyle.css?fin11" />';

// Start the main template that is , if the user is logged in

Save it and reupload it to /Themes/default

If you want to change the background colour altogether , In the usercp.template.php

Find
<table border="0"

Replace with
<table bgcolor="#000000" border="0"

And replace the #000000 with the background colour of your choice , Save it and reupload it.

This has been tested out with SMF 1.1.4 and User CP 1.4 , Should work with all versions and backup your files just in case.

- Alan

Alan S

Some Good News

V2.0 is on the way with some big admin side changes in the version! , Enable/Disable usercp , Choose between email contact or pm contact , or even disable to contact feature completely , Ability to add custom fields via admin panel + a small few more!

Alan S

PfalzNacht

Hi!

The MOD doesn't work.

First i installed it with the package manager, and it works.

But i can't see the "User CP" Tab in the "features and options".

Who can help me please.

I think the failure is in the ModSettings.php, but where?

Alan S

Yeah if you have certain mods installed that edit the modsettings.php it will give you a error. Manualy add the ModSettings.php code.

See the end of the page of the User CP mod to get what code to add and where

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=698

PfalzNacht

Now i can see it in the acp, but when i click on the button "user cp", nothing happens.

Alan S

Hmmmm , Can you post your ModSettings.php file please?

Advertisement: