News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

User Control Panel ( User CP ) V3.0

Started by Alan S, April 28, 2007, 12:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylezz

Ok. I am new to this so i do not know what to do. What do i run? I exstract. But then in evrey single time I try it will not work. I don't find the file. I do not know what the name is under. Please tell me.
Why do i post alot? I am not a leecher.

foobs

Alan S

Quote from: Kylezz on August 02, 2008, 12:45:16 AM
Ok. I am new to this so i do not know what to do. What do i run? I exstract. But then in evrey single time I try it will not work. I don't find the file. I do not know what the name is under. Please tell me.

Upload the .Zip file you downloaded via the package manager on your forum.

Quote from: foobs on August 02, 2008, 05:58:02 AM
Can you make a guide for this theme please http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=20

Much appreciated

Saf-Multicolor added

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=167975.msg1386370#msg1386370
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

foobs

PAPABEAR

If we click the classic view link on the bottom, then how do we get your awesome UserCP back?

Alan S

Quote from: PAPABEAR on August 07, 2008, 05:41:27 PM
If we click the classic view link on the bottom, then how do we get your awesome UserCP back?

The next time you click on the user cp button it should be back to the UserCP view.
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

bfeo

I have 1.1.5

Could you add it for me, please?  I tried another Mystic Jade theme in this thread, but it was far different from my settings, and had an arcade without a tinyportal.

MoreBloodWine

Hey Alan, Great mod but two questions...

1. When the button My Profile is clicked it takes me to index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=forumProfile ... how can I instead have it take me to index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=summary

Just makes more sense to me to have the My Profile button take you to the physical profile and not an options page. It seems that most people know how to edit but are to stupid to use the summary link to go back to the profile itself.

2. Is it possible to make the non transparent images transparent like the few that are there now ? Personally images that have a light blue non transparent background (default color) dont sit (look) to well with dark background themes.

Edit:

Coupld of things that I feel should be addressed / looked at...

1. If members dont have the permission to delete their account then the delete my account button should be hidden.

2. Similar to number one, if buddy lists arent enabled the button should be hidden.

3. Similar to one and two, if useres arent allowed to select their own theme the button should be hidden. ( I dont allow users to select a theme on any of my sites so having the button there that takes them right to the theme menu defeats the purpose. )
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Alan S

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 11, 2008, 09:11:07 AM
Hey Alan, Great mod but two questions...

1. When the button My Profile is clicked it takes me to index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=forumProfile ... how can I instead have it take me to index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=summary

Just makes more sense to me to have the My Profile button take you to the physical profile and not an options page. It seems that most people know how to edit but are to stupid to use the summary link to go back to the profile itself.

2. Is it possible to make the non transparent images transparent like the few that are there now ? Personally images that have a light blue non transparent background (default color) dont sit (look) to well with dark background themes.

Edit:

Coupld of things that I feel should be addressed / looked at...

1. If members dont have the permission to delete their account then the delete my account button should be hidden.

2. Similar to number one, if buddy lists arent enabled the button should be hidden.

3. Similar to one and two, if useres arent allowed to select their own theme the button should be hidden. ( I dont allow users to select a theme on any of my sites so having the button there that takes them right to the theme menu defeats the purpose. )

Hey

1) To change the link to ?action=summary

/Themes/default/usercp.template.php

Find

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $ID_MEMBER,';sa=forumProfile">

Replace with

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $ID_MEMBER, ';sa=summary">

Save and reupload and the change should be there.

2) To make the images transparent , you would have to open up the images in a photo editor and cut out the background. For now i am not going to change it but in the next release i might include the changed images. The next release probably wont be until SMF 2.0 comes out of beta though unless there are bug fixs to be made.

As for the things you should be addressed.
I am aware of that permissions issue , However it wouldnt be that simple to include those permissions because if one of those options was disabled there would be a big gap in the layout and since the usercp uses tables the images wouldnt align automaticaly the coding would be complex to get it done. It would take a good deal of coding to make the images align correctly if those options were disabled.

MoreBloodWine

So your saying none of the following is possible them ? I mean it does make perfect sense.

QuoteCoupld of things that I feel should be addressed / looked at...

Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Alan S

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 14, 2008, 04:42:13 AM
So your saying none of the following is possible them ? I mean it does make perfect sense.

No i they are perfectly possible , It would just involve a good bit of extra coding so the other icons would arrange to the grid if 1 or more of those options were enabled.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Alan S on August 14, 2008, 12:42:09 PM

No i they are perfectly possible , It would just involve a good bit of extra coding so the other icons would arrange to the grid if 1 or more of those options were enabled.
Well hopefully its something you atleast look into as they all make perfect sense ;-)

Alan S

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on August 14, 2008, 04:43:55 PM
Quote from: Alan S on August 14, 2008, 12:42:09 PM

Well hopefully its something you atleast look into as they all make perfect sense ;-)

I possibly might , But it wouldnt be until SMF 2.0 comes out of beta since then i could drop new version with support for 1.X and include new features solely for 2.0

Septimus

On the latest version I get this when searching for settings in the admin panel:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ModifyUserCPModSettings() in /home/jade/public_html/forums/Sources/Admin.php on line 831

2.0 beta 3.1 public is what I'm running.

Kindred

Alan,

You might have figured it out already, but my suggestion for the menu... (especially for 2.0)

Build the permitted options as an array for the user, with text, image, link... (just like the main menu)
then for a for each... of the user's array.   You could even add it to the userinfo or context array, and thus make it available as SSI!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Alan S

Quote from: Kindred on August 15, 2008, 09:32:11 AM
Alan,

You might have figured it out already, but my suggestion for the menu... (especially for 2.0)

Build the permitted options as an array for the user, with text, image, link... (just like the main menu)
then for a for each... of the user's array.   You could even add it to the userinfo or context array, and thus make it available as SSI!

No i actualy havent looked into it that much , but the first thought that came to mind was just displaying the tds/trs using based on if that option was enabled like if users werent allowed to choose a theme using if($context['whatever']) it would display it if they were aloud and if they werent there would be a else if($context['somethingelse']) displaying the option that should come after it in its place and following that pattern on.

Septimus

Can you help me fix my error please?

Alan S

Sorry , Skipped past it when i was reading through the recent posts.

Run this quirey in phpmyadmin

INSERT INTO smf_settings VALUES ('disableTemplateEval', 1);

Try searching again and see if the error has changed , if it has can you post the new error here please.

Septimus

I never turned eval off :)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ModifyUserCPModSettings() in /home/jade/public_html/forums/Sources/Admin.php on line 831

Advertisement: