Any Suggestions? mambo, SMF, Webmail integration

Started by clicker, September 22, 2004, 03:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

It's true that, total, I only put a few hours into it... but, it took a lot to get those hours together.

And there's more than just writing the code: there's analysis, there's checking that other parties are okay with what you're doing, defining what integration is, writing up documentation for it... proper testing...

-[Unknown]

marcnyc

Well if somebody ever would like to help me with integrating B1gMail with SMF that would be awesome. Let's just get in touch and work out details, agreement, money thing etc

clicker

QuoteWell if somebody ever would like to help me with integrating B1gMail with SMF that would be awesome. Let's just get in touch and work out details, agreement, money thing etc

Allow me to second that! Maybe marcnyc we could share the cost. b1gmail seems to be quite promising and at the cost it is quite attractive.

If only there were more ... english!  :D

Lazy

i`m german and could help you with big1 mail, if some help or translation is needed by you. no problem. just ask. i used big1 mail in former times when it was free, and its nice and easy to setup.

irezqu

Are you guys still working on the hxxp:b1gmail.de [nonactive]?  I'm interested in it too.  I'd like to integrate it with SMF & Mambo.

Thanks!

nrnf

Hello all,

Just fell over this forum post after days of searching for suitable Email application as 98% componet "plug & play" nice look and feel COMPONENT for MAMBO CMS 4.5.2.

here are my favorites:
www.worldwidecreations.com - Mambo MAIL PRO 20$
Seems to lack in user email features
Should be MAMBO 99% integration !

www.socketmail.com  99$ to 220$ depending on licence.
FANTASTIC FEATURES in some plans ;)

hivemail
as discussed earlier

www.b1gmail.de seems promising (will read now)

In the end, I didn't find my Plug and Play version for Mambo so far :(

IMO, if you want to start free/paid Email services you should be willed to spend arround 150$ for a nice feature rich & safe email application.
In my case  I would and another 25$ If I could get this as mambo component :P

For some skilled programmers (seems some are here) this could be a nice extra income do to some
nice components for SMF & MAMBO & Co.  together with those Email soft providers .

just my 2 cents
GL all

Dinagyang

I like b1gmail

socketmail folks are slow to respond and will force you to kiss their behind. so i'll save money and maybe hire someone to create a bridge for b1gmail.

hitsquaduk

I would very much like fully intergrad this into my board i have mkp and smf RC2 installed.

Any help on this would be real nice

Kindred

hitsquad...   we're talking about Mambo/Joomla integration... nothing at all to do with MKportal
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

hitsquaduk

Yes i know that i want to intergrade it with smf RC2 once it's done with smf then i will work on the mkp side of thing's i just need help on getting this fully intergrated with smf

Kindred

well, feel free to do it then.   This thread has been resting peacfully, especially since [unknown] is gone.
And, be aware, this thread is in the mambo/joomla support area!  Discussions here are related to (surprise!) mambo/joomla support.

If you are interested in a webmail integration, I suggest you start your own thread in the Portals, Bridges, and Integrations board...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SoftDux

Please tell me, why would you want to integrate all of these? Just as matter of interest..... I'd be great to have Joomla & SMF fully integrated, having one username & passwd for either, but on webmail? That'd be trickey, right? Most mail servers use [email protected] as a username, so unless you use the same format, how would you integrate them?
  • cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill
  • Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program
  • Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting
SoftDux- The Leaders in Software
Use the coupon: smf-06 to get 20% off our packages

Dinagyang

Advertisement: