News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFBlog

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 11, 2007, 08:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakae

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 02, 2010, 08:08:50 PM
Glad you got it working

Not for too long!!!! :( Suddenly, it stopped to work! I don't know what happened, I really don't!

http://www.tigrelog.com.br/ver.php?action=blog

Boards configured as blogs: http://www.tigrelog.com.br/ver.php?board=51.0  and http://www.tigrelog.com.br/ver.php?board=93.0

(Login/pass on my signature)

Also, no error log entries!! I tried to reinstall all over again, but nothing.

The weirdest thing, is that I got working the first time. When I tried to access again, it disappeared.

Any suggestion?
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Sakae

Oh, no!

I de-installed the MOD and now I can't access the boards I chose before as blog!

WHAT SHOULD I DO??

vbgamer45

Then it uninstall with any errors? I would try to do a reinstall to see if you can access the board again.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sakae

I tried to install and uninstall several times, but didn't worked.

I solved in a hard way: Created a new board, move all topics to it, deleted the old one and renamed the new. :P

Kreator

Quote from: damnitmike on February 02, 2010, 06:35:20 PM
vbgamer, is this step still neccesary from the first post?

For SMF 1.1.x In order to use this mod, you must first install the SSI Topic and Replies mod, otherwise it won't work properly.

Thanks.

so should this still be installed first???

As on looking at the SSI Topics & replies Mod its not suitable for SMF2.0 RC2 , and I assume another manual install is neccesssary.

vbgamer45

If you are using SMF RC2 you do not need it installed
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kreator

Thanks, Yeah noted 1.11 version ( reminds me to read properly!!)can you tell me where this  option is in smf2.0 RC2?

QuoteOption to hide blog boards from board index.. Note: If you choose this option, the boards will be hidden from EVERYONE, including the blog owner. I suggest to bookmark the link to the board before enabling it!

tonnybarros

I also have installed and gave pretty url error Subs.php is to install anyway, or really are incompatible

vbgamer45

Quote from: tonnybarros on February 07, 2010, 01:02:25 PM
I also have installed and gave pretty url error Subs.php is to install anyway, or really are incompatible
For the blog mod what is incompatible?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tonnybarros

the error that appears in Subs.php is this:

if (!empty($modSettings['queryless_urls']) && (empty($context['server']['is_cgi']) || @ini_get('cgi.fix_pathinfo') == 1 || @get_cfg_var('cgi.fix_pathinfo') == 1) && (!empty($context['server']['is_apache']) || !empty($context['server']['is_lighttpd']))) 

Replace
// --- Begin modification - SMFBlog --- global $boardurl; // Is URL rewriting enabled? if (!empty($modSettings['blog_enable_rewrite'])) { // The blog itself (using a name) $setLocation = preg_replace('/^' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?action=blog;sa=view_blog;name=([A-Za-z0-9\-_]+)/', $boardurl . '/blog/$1/', $setLocation); // A post in the blog (with its alias) $setLocation = preg_replace('/^' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?action=blog;sa=view_post;id=([0-9]+);blog_name=([A-Za-z0-9\-_]+)/', $boardurl . '/blog/$2/post-$1.html', $setLocation); // The main blog page $setLocation = preg_replace('/^' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '\?action=blog$/', $boardurl . '/blog/', $setLocation); } // --- End modification --- 

See my Subs.php and see if it is to add

tonnybarros

Tradução portugues Brasil:
// --- Begin modification - SMFBlog ---
// General text strings
$txt['blog'] = 'Blog';
// Text used in the frontend (user section).
$txt['blog_boards'] = 'Fóruns Blog';
$txt['blog_blogs'] = 'Blogs disponíveis:';
$txt['blog_comments'] = 'Comentários';
$txt['blog_no_comments'] = 'Nenhum comentário foi postado para esse post ainda.';
$txt['blog_write_comment'] = 'Escrever um comentário';
// Errors in the frontend.
$txt['blog_error_disabled'] = 'Desculpa, mas os blogs estão atualmente desativado!';
$txt['blog_error_login'] = 'Desculpe, você deve estar conectado para postar um comentário!';
$txt['blog_error_not_exist'] = 'Desculpe, mas o blog que você solicitou não existe!';
$txt['blog_error_not_blog'] = 'Desculpa, mas este fórum não é um blog!';

// Settings for the blog administration.
$txt['blog_comments_perpage'] = 'Número de comentários para mostrar por página';
$txt['blog_posts_perpage'] = 'Número de posts para mostrar por página'; // NEW!
$txt['blog_enable'] = 'Habilitar blog?';
$txt['blog_enable_rewrite'] = 'Habilitar pretty URLs?';
$txt['blog_hide_boards'] = 'Ocultar fóruns blog?';
$txt['blog_settings'] = 'Blog Definições';
// Board administration.
$txt['blog_board'] = 'Use este fórum como um blog?';
$txt['blog_board_desc'] = 'Ativar essa opção mostrará este fórum na página do blog.';
// --- End modification ---

// --- Begin modification - SSI Topic and Replies ---
$txt['ssiTopic_no_id'] = 'ssi_topic(): Por favor, especifique um ID do tópico';
$txt['ssiTopic_notfound'] = 'O tema está a procura parece estar desaparecido ou fora de você.';
$txt['ssiTopic_replies'] = 'Respostas';
$txt['ssiTopic_reply'] = 'Responder ';
// --- End modification ---

// Template
$txt['smfblog_by'] = 'por';
$txt['smfblog_subject'] = 'Assunto';
$txt['smfblog_re'] = 'Re: ';
$txt['smfblog_shortcuts'] = 'atalhos: pressione alt + s para enviar ou alt + p para pré-visualizar';
$txt['smfblog_save'] = 'Salvar';
$txt['smfblog_preview'] = 'Visualizar';
// END SMF Blog

tonnybarros

When I March enable Pretty URL for the blog, every time I enter brlog go to the homepage, if it is disabled works fine. What can be?

I have the Pretty URL

Kreator

Is there going to be any facility for multi users? as its only on a per board basis.

vbgamer45

Maybe mod still very early in the planning stages where I want to take it next

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kreator

Charles Hill`s Blog/Zcommunity  was pretty good for the 1.1. series but I see that he has gone off to do other things and hasn`t upgraded the version to smf2.

btw: I found the switch for turning off the boards! 

Sakae

Quote from: tonnybarros on February 08, 2010, 09:54:08 PM
Tradução portugues Brasil:

Sorry, but what are these strange caracters that don't exist in portuguese?

Is not UTF-8.

Kentarre

How do you get the blog button to show up in a custom theme? It showed up fine on the babylon theme. Everything was working great.

I am wanting to use the Sis theme.  Everything else other than the blog link appear to be working fine with the theme.

Version of SMF is 1.1.11

Kentarre

I uninstalled the theme and went back to the very basic packaged styles and even the default core, but no blog navigational button still.

So I uninstalled everything and deleted all the files.

Installed just the ssi topics and smf blog, no blog navigational button any more.

Everything else about the blog works great. I typed in a direct link to the blog, http://www.taylordeanbooks.com/index.php?action=blog, and blog itself is working great. 

I am going to try uninstalling smf AND deleting all left over files on the server, installing the theme I want, deleting all others, then I'll install the blog again and see what happens.

*these actions did not fix my problem. Trying to figure out a way to change the help button to a blog button now*

~DS~

You need to modify the board to turn on the blog.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Kentarre

Turning on the blog was already done. No blog button yet and my efforts to turn the help button into a blog link have not panned out so far. Still trying.

The box in modify board is checked and saved

The blog is enabled and saved

The blog itself works

No link is appearing in the main menu

Advertisement: