News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMFBlog

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 11, 2007, 08:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!RFAN

i cant see any blog post in my blog after installing this mod...same as "smackdaddy"

nay27uk

I installed this but see nowwher or no way of actualy posting a blog PLEASE how do I post blogs?
I recal reading above that someone made a board to put blogs in does this not defeat the object of a blog a blog is not suposed to be a board its a seperat thing, If I wanted to have a board for bloging I would have just setup a baord and named it blogs.
I downloaded SMFBlogs because I was under the understanding blogs are compleatly seperat things from the forum just like the bloging stystm on this forum I frequent http://webidsupport.com

vbgamer45

Currently this mod uses forum boards as blogs. You have to modify the board to turn into a blog
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Shadhavar

Quote from: amigozone on May 17, 2010, 01:15:21 AM
i cant see any blog post in my blog after installing this mod...same as "smackdaddy"

Was having the same problems.  So much so that i uninstalled everything then reinstalled it and then I had two menu items saying 'turn this board into a blog' with check boxes.. i had to manually remove scripts for SMF Blog in about 15 different files. 

There were 2 files that did not install correctly (got errors).  I installed anyway and manually installed those portions that had errors and still no go on seeing the blogs. 

using 1.1.11
installed SSI Topics and Replies 1st
installed SMF Blog and recieved errors on installation files -
6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageBoards.php   Test failed
7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ModSettings.php   Test failed

Manually edited said files fro the PARSE manual installation codes and still no go.  Even when I uninstall the files there's still the check box option to turn this post into a blog. 

Any ideas?

new200

Ini'm using 1.1.11
install SSI Topics/reply OK!
Install SMF Blog = error: Execute Modification   ./Sources/ModSettings.php   Test failed

Please help!!!!!

vbgamer45

Need to do manuall install for that step
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

new200

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 21, 2010, 10:03:47 PM
Need to do manuall install for that step

What exactly do I need to do? Edit ModSettings.php? Again, i'm running SMF 1.1.11.

vbgamer45

Yup edit that file check mod site for manual install info

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

new200

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 21, 2010, 11:52:43 PM
Yup edit that file check mod site for manual install info

Mod site manual installation link?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

new200

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 22, 2010, 12:02:41 AM
On the mod page for the mod

What, I tried daniel15.com [nofollow] and there nothing for support there...

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

new200

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 22, 2010, 12:09:47 AM
No on the SMF site

Then isn't this the support board for this mod??? Please provide me the link..please... I search and there's nothing found but this board, which I am on now..

Sabre™

Here you go [CLICK]
Scroll down to the edits for the ModSettings.php template, and follow the instructions
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

parvaz

Great mod! I installed this mod and it works good.
There is an option to hide the board, well... i use that option and the blog board is hidden, but if you use the "jump to" option the hidden board is listed together with all the other boards. So it is not hidden compeletly.
Is there a way to hide the blog board from the "jump to" list?

Thank you in advanced

ukhalik2

I used a forum as the blog,
now how to add new topic to that blog because the forum that is being used a blog is not appearing in forums, only its old topics are appearing in blog.

Liam.

Are there any portal blocks for this so it can be displayed as a proper blog on the homepage, or any easy way to go about making one?

vbgamer45

Not at this time. I plan to redo this mod completely at some point

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Liam.

Okay cool, thanks ;)
I have another way around it, but it's a bit complicated :/

ukhalik2

test unsuccessful in subs.php a function is not added,
and I also cant add it manually because find text is not any where.
and still the same problem as i mentioned here.

Advertisement: