News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFBlog

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 11, 2007, 08:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

bharatforum

Xarcell

I installed it on a test site and I like it.

Except for 1 thing...

When viewing "mysite > blog", I think that should be a summary [limited characters(read more...)], with the link to the actually topic in the board.

Xarcell

bharatforum

Didn't understand your question...

bfallgren

SMF v. 1.1.13

4.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/QueryString.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php    Test successful
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
16.    Execute Code    installScript.php    

vbgamer45

Install then make the change to modSettings manually.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

bfallgren

Need instructions for manual install

vbgamer45

Instructions can be found on the mod site page for this mod there is drop down selection to print instructions.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bfallgren

Could it potentially break my other mods?

MiY4Gi

Would it be possible to have the title and URL of the "Comments" link on each blog post change to match a specified forum thread?

Alternately, is it possible to designate specific threads in various forum boards as blog articles, without having to designate the entire forum board as a "blog articles board"?

I want to post threads in various boards, then only afterwards have it posted to the homepage as a blog post. What I do at the moment is I have threads posted in their individual forum boards, then once I want those particular threads posted as a blog posts, I post those threads in a board dedicated to blog posts then lock the thread and include a link to the main thread in it's forum board. So I'm basically copying the a thread from it's original board and posting it in the dedicated blog board. The main problem is that I have copies of the same thread in 2 boards which harms my SEO since both threads get indexed by Google (which I've confirmed). The reason I suspect this happens is that the "Comments link" in the articles point to the threads in the blog board, while the article itself has links to the original thread.

Removing the comments link would probably solve the problem, but I actually like the link since it displays the number of comments as well, so people who read the article may be interested in what others have to say, especially if they see that there are plenty of comments already.

A major setback is that we don't have server level access at the moment so if possible, we'd like any changes to be made from within the forum's admin interface. If the mod could be updated then we could just reinstall it without manually editing the code. After a few weeks we should have server level access so we can manually do the mod even if we can't do it via the forum admin interface.

Any suggestions.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Umbro

I installed the SSI Topic & Replies Mod v1.4 and SMFBlog v1.0 onto SMF 1.1.13 and I don't see any "blog" option to checkmark when I set up a new board or category. What did I do wrong?

ETA: I set up SMF using Fantastico. Do you think that made a negative difference? Should I re-install the entire forum?

harnser

Hi.  I'm using SMFBlog with 1.1.13 and liking it so far!  However, I have one problem, which is a bit of a show-stopper for me.  My images/attachments aren't showing in the blog  :o - does SMFBlog support images/attachments?  The images are showing in the boards, so they have uploaded correctly.  Thanks very much!

vbgamer45

I am planning to redo SMF Blog competely at some point I don't like how it works currently.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

go-

Hello.
I am using SMF 1.1.13, and I installed SMFBlog (which works perfectly fine). Further, I wanted to use the "Share This Topic"-Mod, which puts some share and like-buttons onto the first topic or every post (as you can configure by checkboxes). But unfortunately these Share-Buttons won't appear in the blog-posts, so I asked the author of the ShareThisTopic Mod first, what to do about it.
This is how the conversation went:

Quote from: go- on June 06, 2011, 07:45:18 PM
Hello,
is it possible to activate this mod for the normal SMFBlog Mod?

The Mod displays the first post of every new topic in a previously "use as blog" marked board.
So "Share This Topic" would be very fitting in there.
---
Quote from: Miss All Sunday on June 06, 2011, 08:54:19 PM
there's a simple way to add the buttons and the icons on your mod, the only thing you need to have its a valid url to share, what SMF are you using?

if you are using 2.o you just need to ad this at your template:

// define some parameters
      $parameters = array(
         'url' => 'url to share',   
      );   

// :)
        $suki =  share_this($parameters);
        $mirahalo = share_icons($parameters);

and thats all,    $suki holds the buttons meanwhile $mirahalo holds the icons, you cna put those variables whereever you want on your template.  for 1.1.x its pretty much the same, you just need to call the ShareThis.php file  with:

global $sourcedir;
require_once($sourcedir . '/ShareThis.php');

at the beginning of your template file.
---
Quote from: go- on June 06, 2011, 09:03:18 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I'm using SMF 1.1.13

here's the code of the Blog.template.php
Maybe you can tell me where to put the code above so it will appear the way it is ususal in topics.
<?php
// Version: 0.1 Beta; Blog

// Stuff displayed on top of the blog...
function template_blog_above()
{
echo '
<div style="padding: 3px;">'
theme_linktree(), '</div>';
}

// ... and stuff displayed below it.
function template_blog_below()
{
global $context;

// Please do not remove the copyright. If you really must, please contact me
// (Daniel15) so we can arrange something. Removing the copyright without
// permission is illegal!
echo '
<div style="text-align: center" class="smalltext">
Powered by <a href="http://www.dansoftaustralia.net/products/smf-mods/blog.htm" title="A (very) simple blogging system for SMF">SMFBlog</a> '
$context['blog_version']['version'], ' (build '$context['blog_version']['build'], ') by <a href="http://www.dansoftaustralia.net/">DanSoft Australia</a>.
</div>'
;
}

// The blog index.
function template_index()
{
global $context$scripturl$txt;

echo '
<table width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="tborder" style="margin-top: 1.5ex;">
<tr><td class="titlebg">'
$txt['blog'], ' - '$txt['blog_blogs'], '</td></tr>
<tr valign="top" class="windowbg2">
<td style="padding-bottom: 2ex;">'
;

// Loop through all blog boards.
foreach ($context['blog_boards'] as $board)
echo '
<div class="blog_listing">
<a class="blog_link" href="'
$scripturl'?action=blog;sa=view_blog;name='$board['alias'], '">'$board['name'], '</a>
<blockquote class="blog_desc">'
$board['description'], '</blockquote>
</div>'
;

echo '
</td>
</tr>
</table>'
;
}

// Viewing a blog itself.
function template_view()
{
global $context$modSettings$scripturl$txt;
echo '
<h2>'
$context['blog']['name'], '</h2>
'
$context['blog']['pageindex'];

$alternating 1;
// Loop through each post.
foreach ($context['blog']['posts'] as $post)
{
// Output this post.
echo '
<div class="windowbg2 blog_post blog_post_'
$alternating'">
<a class="blog_post_heading" href="'
$scripturl'?action=blog;sa=view_post;id='$post['id'], (!empty($modSettings['blog_enable_rewrite']) ? ';blog_name=' $context['blog']['alias'] : ''), '">'$post['icon'], ' '$post['subject'], '</a>
<div class="smaller">'
$post['time'], ' '$txt[525], ' '$post['poster']['link'], '</div>

<div class="blog_post_body" style="padding: 2ex 0;">'
$post['body'], '</div>
</div>'
;

$alternating = ($alternating == 1) ? 1;
}

// Page numbers at the bottom
echo '
'
$context['blog']['pageindex'];

}

// Viewing a blog post.
function template_view_post()
{
global $context$scripturl$txt;

echo '
<h2 class="blog_heading">'
$context['blog_post']['subject'], '</h2>';

// Output the blog post itself.
echo '
<div class="windowbg2 blog_post">
<div class="blog_post_heading">'
$context['blog_post']['icon'], ' '$context['blog_post']['subject'], '</div>
<div class="smaller">'
$context['blog_post']['time'], ' '$txt[525], ' '$context['blog_post']['poster']['link'], '</div>

<div class="blog_post_body">'
$context['blog_post']['body'], '</div><br /><br />
</div>

$txt['blog_write_comment'], ':</h2>';
// Not logged in? No commenting for you!
// !!! Check the permissions!!
if (!$context['user']['is_logged'])
echo '
'
,$txt['blog_error_login'];
else
echo '
<form action="'
$scripturl'?action=post2" method="post" accept-charset="'$context['character_set'], '" name="postmodify" id="postmodify" onsubmit="submitonce(this);">
<input type="hidden" name="topic" value="' 
$context['blog_post']['id'] . '" />
<input type="hidden" name="sc" value="'
$context['session_id'], '" />
<input type="hidden" name="seqnum" value="'
$context['form_sequence_number'], '" />
<input type="hidden" name="blog_post" value="'
$context['blog_post']['id'], '" />', (!empty($context['blog_name']) ? '
<input type="hidden" name="blog_name" value="' 
htmlentities($context['blog_name']) . '" />' ''), '

<table border="0" width="100%" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3"> <!--class="bordercolor"-->
<tr>
<td align="right" style="font-weight: bold;" id="caption_subject">
'
$txt[70], ':
</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="subject" value="Re: '
$context['blog_post']['subject'], '" tabindex="'$context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" />
</td>
</tr>
'
theme_postbox(''), '
<tr>
<td align="center" colspan="2">
<span class="smalltext"><br />'
$txt['smf16'], '</span><br />
<input type="submit" name="post" value="'
$txt[10], '" tabindex="'$context['tabindex']++, '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" />
<input type="submit" name="preview" value="'
$txt[507], '" tabindex="'$context['tabindex']++, '" onclick="return event.ctrlKey || previewPost();" accesskey="p" />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>'
;

echo '
<a name="comments"></a>
$txt['blog_comments'], ':</h2>';

// No replies? Too bad! :P.
if ($context['blog_post']['reply_count'] == 0)
echo '
'
$txt['blog_no_comments'];
else
{
// Page numbers, please!
echo '
'
$context['blog_post']['pageindex'];

// Now, go through all replies...
foreach ($context['blog_post']['replies'] as $post)
{
echo '
<a name="msg'
$post['id'], '"></a>', ($post['is_last'] ? '<a name="new"></a>' ''), '
<div id="msg'
$post['id'], '" class="windowbg2 blog_reply">
<div class="blog_reply_heading">'
$post['icon'], ' '$post['subject'], ' ('$txt['ssiTopic_reply'], ' '$post['number'], ') </div>
<div class="smaller">'
$post['time'], ' '$txt[525], ' '$post['poster']['link'], '</div>

<div class="blog_reply_body">'
$post['body'], '</div>
</div>'
;
}

// Again, some page numbers on the bottom this time!
echo '
'
$context['blog_post']['pageindex'];
}
}
?>

Thanks.
---
Quote from: Miss All Sunday on June 06, 2011, 09:13:58 PM
OK, I couldn't find any url parameter on that template, this mod needs to have an url parameter in order to work properly.
---
Quote from: go- on June 06, 2011, 09:26:05 PM
Thank you very much.

So is there anything I can do about this?
---
Quote from: Miss All Sunday on June 06, 2011, 09:31:51 PM
you can ask the mod author if there is a variable that holds the url for the blog.

And that's what I would like to ask you now.
Best regards
go-

vbgamer45

I did not write the original mod and not happy with how it works currently and I plan to completely redo it at some point

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

go-

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 07, 2011, 06:56:24 AM
I did not write the original mod and not happy with how it works currently and I plan to completely redo it at some point

Okay thank you.
I'm really looking forward to this.

harnser

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 07, 2011, 06:35:38 AM
I am planning to redo SMF Blog competely at some point I don't like how it works currently.

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it doesn't really help me.  Perhaps someone who's currently using this mod could confirm whether or not attachments (particularly images) work in their blog?  Thanks again.

MiY4Gi

As far as I know, attachments don't work, but hotlinked images display in posts without a problem.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

harnser

Quote from: MiY4Gi on June 07, 2011, 09:02:29 AM
As far as I know, attachments don't work, but hotlinked images display in posts without a problem.

Thanks MiY4Gi.  That's very disappointing as I've spent quite a while setting this up and now it's not suitable.  Let's hope a rewrite is available soon.

Advertisement: