News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Sitemap

Started by SlammedDime, May 12, 2007, 05:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webrunner

I am using SEO4SMF.
Is this sitemap mod for me?
There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

SlammedDime

This will not work properly with seo4smf.  That is, it won't give you the sef urls.  seo4smf includes a sitemap last I saw.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Webrunner

you are right, i just submitted it to Google :)
Thanks!
There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

slackerpunk

i tried install this but it gave me an error and recommended not to install something about the index.template.php file which I modded for ad management to work properly for the theme I am using. I tried installing seo4smf and it installed fine and worked by. just a question though what is the main difference?

SlammedDime

SEO4SMF and this have only one thing in common, they both provide sitemaps.... the main difference is that this is only a sitemap... seo4smf is much much much more.

As for your error, you could have simply applied the modification manually.  If you got an error on index.template.php, then your copyright code placement in that template has changed from the base SMF version.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

DooDoo

I got an error from google.

Errors

Line:
Parsing error
We were unable to read your Sitemap. It may contain an entry we are unable to recognize. Please validate your Sitemap before resubmitting

Warnings 
Line:
Invalid date
An invalid date was found. Please fix the date or formatting before resubmitting

my site url is
hxxp:fengshui.herb108.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml [nonactive]

would you please kindly advise how to solve it.

many thanks in advance.

SlammedDime

My guess is that due to the slow loading of your site (from my perspective, and probably googles as well), the full page wasn't loaded before google checked it for errors, or google closed the connection and didn't get the whole page, thus the error.  Your sitemap loads fine and there aren't any errors in it.  If there was an error with one date, there would be an error with all, as they're all run through the same function.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

DooDoo

Hi SlammedDime

Thanks for your advise. I will try to test and improve to slove it.

John S

"STARTED BY" displays members real names, not their display name (the one they can change from their profile)

how can we change this so that whatever the current 'display name' is, is shown in the 'started by' coloumn?

also, i realise that it shows the name of the user when they posted that particular topic, but if that same person changes their name it still shows their old name (as when they posted it)

can we have the started by to display the CURRENT display name for each member? thanks

Neorics

installation error on index.template.php
i'm using the following mods

can i get the manual code just for the index.template.php?
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

ortiz

Hi all

im really interested in your mod because we have a smf forum with low level of traffic and have a sitemap will be a little help.

But i haven't great experience with a smf and im having some troubles to install.

I can't install through SMF administration panel, returns me an ftp error all time. then i try to installa manually, but i have some doubts.

Can you explain a little bit the installation?  O:)

Thanks a lot  :)

TrueSatan

You may find the following links to official SMF documentation and the SMF package parser will give the answers you need:

Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

Mirror of the last link:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Neorics

take not this mod isnt working for package manager
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

SlammedDime

Neorics, it works just fine in the package manager, you just have another mod that has already changed part of index.template.php that this changes.  You can use the package parser above that TrueSatan linked to to see what template changes are made, then make them accordingly in your index.template.php file.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

JohnS - I will take a look at this and get back to you.  The SQL query would need to be changed a bit, but it shouldn't be too difficult.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

helloall

Hello,

I tried to install your sitemap mod 1.2.1 on an 1.1.4 installation (without others modifications).
It installed without errors but I can't use the ?action=sitemap command, so I tried to uninstall it but I get:

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test failed
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test failed
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test failed
8.     Delete File     ./Sources/Sitemap.php     
9.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/Sitemap.template.php

I can also see this in the logs:

fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
File: /PATH-TO-SMF/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1908

Can you please give me an advice on how I can deinstall the mod?
It modified the database or only the files?
I have a complete backup of the files prior of the mod installation.

Thank you very much.

SlammedDime

Have you been able to install any other mods?  It doesn't look like it ever really installed, even though it said it did.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

helloall

Quote from: SlammedDime on September 27, 2007, 11:19:14 PM
Have you been able to install any other mods?  It doesn't look like it ever really installed, even though it said it did.

It's a production forum and your mod is the first I have ever tried to install so I don't now.
In any case I have used  the hxxp:modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/ [nonactive] tool and I checked index.php, modsettings.php, index template.php and I can't find reference to the sitemap.
Also the files has the same sizes of my backup files so Yes it's seems that the mod has not been installed even if it say so.
Your mod made any other modifications other than what reported by the modparser tool? I'm afraid to have broken the production forum database :(
If there are no modifications to the db I have to uninstall it using the control panel and, just to be secure, reupload my backup files?

Thank you again for your time.

SlammedDime

It doesn't change anything in the database, just adds some entries, so nothing would be wrong with simply leaving the db as is.  However, it would appear you have a file permissions error where SMF isn't able to modify your forum files to install mods for you.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

DooDoo

Quote from: DooDoo on September 05, 2007, 01:27:59 AM
Hi SlammedDime

Thanks for your advise. I will try to test and improve to slove it.

It seem error come from Google. It is OK now , without changing anything.

I would like to have one more question about location of xml link.

current xml link is hxxp:www.mainsite.com/forum/index.php?action=sitemap;xml. [nonactive]

Could it be changed to hxxp:www.mainsite.com/index.php?action=sitemap;xml [nonactive] because Google consider folder forum as a another website exclude it from main site.

Advertisement: