News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Sitemap

Started by SlammedDime, May 12, 2007, 05:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Jorin

Hi Matt... In the XML view of the sitemap the first URL was false. On my forum it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <urlset xmlns="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84">
- <url>
&nbsp; <loc>http://www.smfportal.de/index.php.html</loc>
&nbsp; <lastmod>2007-06-29T17:07:50+02:00</lastmod>
&nbsp; <changefreq>always</changefreq>
&nbsp; <priority>1.0</priority>
&nbsp; </url>

I changed line 112 in sitemap.template.php to this:

$string = $string . (strpos($string, 'index.php/') !== false ? '.html' : '');

... and now the XML view looks right:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <urlset xmlns="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84">
- <url>
&nbsp; <loc>http://www.smfportal.de/index.php</loc>
&nbsp; <lastmod>2007-06-29T17:07:50+02:00</lastmod>
&nbsp; <changefreq>always</changefreq>
&nbsp; <priority>1.0</priority>
&nbsp; </url>

Neakro told me the new code of line 112, but he's not sure if it is right...&nbsp; :-X

SlammedDime

Sorry, yea, this is one of the bugs that I found that I thought I had provided a fix for a few pages back... around line 108, change it from:

if ($modSettings['queryless_urls']==0)

to

if (empty($modSettings['queryless_urls']) || $string == $scripturl)

And change back that line that you changed to what it was, and all should be well.  I'm hoping to release 1.2 soon, with a few admin panel settings, as well as a few bug fixes, like the one above.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Jorin

Thanks, code is now:

// And if its not here, create a false function...
else {
$myurl = $scripturl;
$mark = '?';
function sefReltoAbs($string) {
global $modSettings;
if (empty($modSettings['queryless_urls']) || $string == $scripturl)
return $string;
$string = str_replace('?board=', '/board,', $string);
$string = str_replace('?topic=', '/topic,', $string);
$string = $string . '.html';
return $string;
}
}

...but the wrong link is still there.  :(

romeoyankee

Yeah I have the same problem.  I remember Matt talking about how he uploaded a new version but with an old version number or something like that.  Mine matched the version number that is available for download now but I have the .php.html problem on the first link. 

I deleted then redownloaded the mod.

The same problem is still there though!

So Matt if you could fix the problem that would be great!  Oh and always use a new version number.. :)

Gotta love the Dewey Decimal system.  ;)

SlammedDime

There is a line above the one I just had you change, global $modSettings;.  Change it to global $modSettings, $scripturl; and the issue should be fixed.  I'll make the changes and add some features and upload a new version in a bit. :)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

Ok, 1.2.0 has been released now.  A few new features as well as some bug fixes.

New Features:
- Admin options under Features and Options for limiting number of topics in sitemap, disabling non-admin viewing of XML link, and added option to collapse child boards on the sitemap display.

Bug fixes:
  Invalid checking of queryless_url setting, caused either errors in error log, or unexpected results.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Jorin

index.php.html-error is done, thanks! :)

But: Collapsed child boards are shown, but they normally must be not shown. When clicking on the "plus" graphic on my forum, then (!) they must be shown. But this didn't work: http://www.smfportal.de/index.php?action=sitemap ???

SlammedDime

If you have a custom theme, which you do, you need to edit the style.css file accordingly based on what is contained in the xml install file, just like template modifications for non-default themes.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Jorin

Quote from: Matt @ ARTcom on July 04, 2007, 08:51:58 AM
If you have a custom theme, which you do, you need to edit the style.css file accordingly based on what is contained in the xml install file, just like template modifications for non-default themes.

Oh, oops!  :-[

SlowMo

what's the install process for this mod?  do you update it or uninstall to reinstall?

Thanks matt. i was using 1.1.3 so i uninstalled and reinstalled and everything works fine so far.

SlammedDime

If you already have it installed, you'll need to uninstall, then reinstall the new version.  If you don't already have it, install it like any other mod.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

incolumus

Hello! It's seems to be a good mod... but I have a problem:

When I click over XML to generate de XML map (from the forum wrapped in joomla) it brings me this error (in spanish):

Error de lectura XML: la instrucción de proceso XML no se encuentra al comienzo de una entidad externa
Ubicación: http://sythfi.byethost7.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&action=sitemap;xml
Número de línea 2, columna 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Translated it should sounds something like:

Error reading XML: the process instruction XML it's not found at the beginning of an extern entity.
Place: http://sythfi.byethost7.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&action=sitemap;xml
Line number 2, column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Must say, I have installed SMF 1.1.2 and Joomla with OrstioBridge and I only get this error message if I call it from the forum wrapped in the joomla interface; if I do it from the forum itself (without joomla) it's works fine.

¿Any idea? I hope it helps you to have an almost perfect MOD.

Thanks for all!

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Dead Mortal

Hello when installing mod leaves an error to me, mod installs it in smf 1.1.3 that I can do

sreen shot: hxxp:img106.imageshack.us/img106/7466/untitledun6.png [nonactive]

SlammedDime

No worries.  If the mod has actually installed (you can verify by going to index.php?action=sitemap), then just go to your admin panel and go to features and settings and make sure the settings are there for the sitemap, then save them.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Dead Mortal

Liroy

how to enable sitemaps for guests because i have opened forum only for users but google sitemap bot is not user and he can't check my xml sitemap

SlammedDime

The purpose of the link, more or less, is to allow you a way to submit the link to google's webmaster tools.  However, the option to display the link to all is in the admin panel.  From the first post and the readme and changelog...

QuoteChange Log:
1.2.0: Lots of new things... a few options in the admin panel under Features and Options.  Limit the number of topics on the sitemap, disallow non-admin access to the XML sitemap link, and collapse the child boards to reduce the size of the sitemap display.  A few bug fixes as well, primarily with the queryless_urls setting.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Liroy

but this nor working ;/ when i enable to all google webmaster tools see error in sitemap ;/ because he need login to see sitemap ;/

Advertisement: