News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Move forum from directory

Started by Ðyєgσv, May 16, 2007, 08:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ðyєgσv

Hi. I have my forum installed inside a folder in my host, and I want to move it to the root folder. If I try to move the files manually it gives me an error. I have also changed in the settings all the URLs (SMF directory and Sources) to the root directory, but it gives me the same error.

How can I do what I want?

unrelenting

Try moving all of the files to where you want them, then upload this repair_settings.php file to the folder that you moved them to. Then just type the address to it in your browser window and change all of your settings to new ones with it.

You may also have to go into your themes area of admin afterwards and finish adjusting those. I usually do.

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?tools

Ðyєgσv

That worked!!! Thank you very much 8)

nikiobicata

:'(  Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database.
This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.  this message i receive after following  the all steps  pls help

greyknight17

repair_settings didn't help? Open up your Settings.php file (get it via FTP or cPanel) and make sure the database settings there are correct. Or try renaming the Settings_bak.php to Settings.php to see if it fixes the problem.

If that doesn't fix the problem, it might be a host issue. Either they are doing some maintenance in the background or the server had some kind of hiccup. See if it happens often....

Advertisement: